Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next episode:

Spoiler:
    So, Rumpel is the Beast? As much as I like this thought I think tomstone is right. There has to be a deal about it. But still...I'm sure the next episode will be amazing. He deserves love - like everyone. But obviously it didn't work. Who knows what the EQ did to prevent Rumpel to find happiness.
    And who was the one Gold captured and hit? Oh well, that's gonna be very interesting
    sigpic

Comment

Regina reminds me of a mobster. She has enough of a "GOOD" front to show the townspeople that she is only thinking of them and has their best interest in at heart (snicker). Then there is her true face which Henry and Emma only get to see. I am in awe of her duplicity!
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

We have a 3.4 18-49 demo with10.781 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok this is a little sidetracked but I find it funny to think about....

I live and work in Steveston, aka Storybrook, so the show is a common topic between business owners, residents and visitors coming in to town.

Anyways... when OUAT first started airing, one of the other business owners came in for something and asked me if I liked the show. Then she tried to tell me that she thought the show was boring and that all the reviews said the show was awful and would be cancelled after only a few episodes. I tried to tell that she wasn't reading what most ppl were saying and tried to explain that fans of the genre were LOVING the show. She swore she "knew" things other didn't since she "knew ppl in the tv business"and I would see soon enough the show was doomed.

Wonder is she feels like an ass now?!
          sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
          Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
          GateCon Vancouver 2011
          Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Rule #3 is never trust the reviewers. Reviewers said Lone Star was well written and going to be a hit. The ratings were terrible and Fox cancelled it after 2 episodes. Reviewers hated the 90s sitcom Home Improvement which ran for 8 seasons
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Is Robert getting paid extra checks for all of these villains he is replacing ? I want Rumpelstiltskin to replace Regina / Evil Queen for an episode. Yes lets make him the bad guy every time

His back story made him sympathetic & his deals already make each characters lives a living hell. Why does he have to be super over used ?
              Last edited by TheRandomOne; 30 January 2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                Ok this is a little sidetracked but I find it funny to think about....

I live and work in Steveston, aka Storybrook, so the show is a common topic between business owners, residents and visitors coming in to town.

Anyways... when OUAT first started airing, one of the other business owners came in for something and asked me if I liked the show. Then she tried to tell me that she thought the show was boring and that all the reviews said the show was awful and would be cancelled after only a few episodes. I tried to tell that she wasn't reading what most ppl were saying and tried to explain that fans of the genre were LOVING the show. She swore she "knew" things other didn't since she "knew ppl in the tv business"and I would see soon enough the show was doomed.

Wonder is she feels like an ass now?!
                It's weird how some people will just stick to their initial thought and not budge. If I'd stuck to my initial thoughts about this show I would not be enjoying it now. I always give things I'm not sure about a good chance. I would have missed some great shows if I hadn't!

For those interested in locations, the Storybrooke 'Town Hall' where Regina plots and schemes, is not in Steveston, the Community Hall in Fort Langley plays that part for the exterior and some interior shots. Her palatial office with the wonderful 'dark forest' mural on its walls is a set built in Bridge Studios.

http://www.itsmysite.com/cgi-bin/its...ir=fortlangley

I'm getting a bit impatient to know....

Spoiler:
                ...who the stranger/writer is! What is going to happen now, now that the storybook is in his hands?

Goodness, that genii is nuts!!! He still does everything Regina asks,despite the fact she's not interested in him! Love is truly blind here, scary. Nice twist though, he was so likeable before being smitten by the love bug!!!

Comment

I think the writer
                  Spoiler:

like someone has suggested, he wrote the book, and now that Emma is there he's going to rewrite it. It'll show up back where Henry can find it....but pages will be restored but changed and Emma will be in it, and will possibly reveal emma's true identity.

either that or it's going to introduce a new 'big bad' and just as they take Regina down, they need her and they all have to rally together against this new big bad
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Rule #3 is never trust the reviewers. Reviewers said Lone Star was well written and going to be a hit. The ratings were terrible and Fox cancelled it after 2 episodes. Reviewers hated the 90s sitcom Home Improvement which ran for 8 seasons
                    Got to agree with you there, I usually love things that reviewers hate, and vice versa.

Can't imagine where they're going with the writer. They have made some huge deviations from original fairy tales, so who knows? Maybe Skydiver's got something, he's going to rewrite the book. Or maybe he's just a writer who heard of this strange little town, and he's looking for a new idea for a TV show, and he's a parody of this show's creators.
                    Last edited by jeri; 31 January 2012, 07:31 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                      Can't imagine where they're going with the writer. They have made some huge deviations from original fairy tales, so who knows? Maybe Skydiver's got something, he's going to rewrite the book. Or maybe he's just a writer who heard of this strange little town, and he's looking for a new idea for a TV show, and he's a parody of this show's creators.
                      The writer sounds creepy... But my interpretation of him is that he's going to play a really big part; whether it's helping them find their happy endings or helping the evil queen, he does have a big part.
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                        The writer sounds creepy... But my interpretation of him is that he's going to play a really big part; whether it's helping them find their happy endings or helping the evil queen, he does have a big part.
                        I think the question we are all asking ourselfs is, if he really does not belong to Storybrooke. We dont know enough to make assumptions, but Henry made clear that Outsiders dont come to Storybrooke. So I keep thinking about some story that I might have forgotten where someone loved to write, but in my memory there is none. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I dont think he is with Regina. Simply because she was honestly concerned when she saw him talking to Henry.

That could be her con-artist being again, but she reacted in a way that kind of said "Who is he talking too? I dont know him"

Just another option that I will put in Spoiler Tag, just to be sure I dont Spoil.
                        Spoiler:
                        I keep thinking that he really might be Rumpels Son, but I cant put the Puzzle together. Guessing that Rumpels Son joined the Fight in Fairy Tale World and after the transfer to our World got sent to some Warzone in our World, he could have found his way there, but why does he know stuff he shouldnt?

As said, for the short time after he arrived, he took the Book from a hidden Place just at the right time. As I said he probably is not with Regina, so how did he know who to follow or where to look? Someone or Something is guiding him.
                        Last edited by tomstone; 31 January 2012, 03:28 PM.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          I think the question we are all asking ourselfs is, if he really does not belong to Storybrooke. We dont know enough to make assumptions, but Henry made clear that Outsiders dont come to Storybrooke. So I keep thinking about some story that I might have forgotten where someone loved to write, but in my memory there is none. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I dont think he is with Regina. Simply because she was honestly concerned when she saw him talking to Henry.

That could be her con-artist being again, but she reacted in a way that kind of said "Who is he talking too? I dont know him"

Just another option that I will put in Spoiler Tag, just to be sure I dont Spoil.
                          Spoiler:
                          I keep thinking that he really might be Rumpels Son, but I cant put the Puzzle together. Guessing that Rumpels Son joined the Fight in Fairy Tale World and after the transfer to our World got sent to some Warzone in our World, he could have found his way there, but why does he know stuff he shouldnt?

As said, for the short time after he arrived, he took the Book from a hidden Place just at the right time. As I said he probably is not with Regina, so how did he know who to follow or where to look? Someone or Something is guiding him.
                          But people also aren't allowed to leave Storybrook, so the writer has to be an outsider like Emma otherwise he could have never left in the first place. Plus, how could he have left if the time was still standing still back then?
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            But people also aren't allowed to leave Storybrook, so the writer has to be an outsider like Emma otherwise he could have never left in the first place. Plus, how could he have left if the time was still standing still back then?
                            Time wasnt standing still. When Emma first got to Storybrooke everybody was just going about their Daily Routine. They just never noticed these things like Henry did as Outsider.

There would be no need to leave Storybrooke if the Curse placed him somewhere outside in the first place.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              I'm also saying that he is his son. And maybe an explanation: We don't know yet what happened to Bae after the incident in the village. Maybe he ran away? Something bad must have happened to Rumpel (despite the going-mad-thing). Maybe he lost his son? Or he thinks he did? That he couldn't find him anymore? I'm curious about what would happen if Gold saw the stranger? There was no scene about this yet, was it?
                              But who could the stranger be, despite the few aspects? The writer of the book or Rumpels son. Is there any other explanation? I don't know and I can't think of a fairy tale with someone who might be the stranger in Storybrook
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm also saying that he is his son. And maybe an explanation: We don't know yet what happened to Bae after the incident in the village. Maybe he ran away? Something bad must have happened to Rumpel (despite the going-mad-thing). Maybe he lost his son? Or he thinks he did? That he couldn't find him anymore? I'm curious about what would happen if Gold saw the stranger? There was no scene about this yet, was it?
                                But who could the stranger be, despite the few aspects? The writer of the book or Rumpels son. Is there any other explanation? I don't know and I can't think of a fairy tale with someone who might be the stranger in Storybrook
                                I was wondering about that too, but so far there was no such scene and somehow I would expect Mr. Gold to be at least up-to-date.
                                Spoiler:
                                Just thinking, but for him to grow up, he must have been unaffacted by the curse. It is hard to say how much time passed between Rumpels transformation and the curse, but that guy seems pretty much the same age as Emma. It would be a nice twist if Rumpels Son found the way to our World before the Curse was used.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X