Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    Nope, it is a really great children's book (and later a fairly nice animated movie and a rather dreadful live-action movie), but I get the feeling that they are just going with whatever Disney stuff they want. The mothership is Disney, after all.

Note: The book is "1001 Dalmatians" actually, I don't know why the number of dogs was scaled back when the original animated movie was made, but it was. A curious fact.
    I didnt know that Disney was behind OUAT, though I kind of understand why they reduced the number of Dogs in their versions. Its just impossible to make a movie with that many animated Animals, besides that 101 sounds cachier.

Just my opinion, but the first live-action movie was pretty good and the follow ups sucked.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
      I didnt know that Disney was behind OUAT, though I kind of understand why they reduced the number of Dogs in their versions. Its just impossible to make a movie with that many animated Animals, besides that 101 sounds cachier.

Just my opinion, but the first live-action movie was pretty good and the follow ups sucked.
      ABC is onwed by Disney
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved SUNDAY'S Once Upon A Time. was it my imagination or was that
        Spoiler:
        Snow White's glass coffin at the bottom of that shaft?
        So can not wait to see what else is to come from this show!!
        Last edited by AresLover452; 30 November 2011, 11:05 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

"That Still Small Voice" was a good ep, not great but I liked the backstory we got on Archie/Jiminy and The Mayor (Buffy) showing up as his father. And yay Tony Amendola, great to see you again. The various people turning into puppets reveals were creepy and well done. Snow/Charming are awesome together despite some extremely cheesy stuff. Robert Carlyle continues to be great as Rumpel but I am going to admit I'm going to get tired of every single character making a bad deal with him.

I hadn't seen the ratings. Considering the week off and Thanksgiving travel they are pretty good. miles better than any other new ABC show by far. But I hope they go back up next week and also improve in January.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
            I loved SUNDAY'S Once Upon A Time. was it my imagination or was that Snow White's glass coffin at the bottom of that shaft? So can not wait to see what else is to come from this show!!
            Yes it was and thats the point of Spoiler Tags since there might be People reading this that are not that far in the Series.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Excerpt from an article I read in the Vancouver Sun this morning.

Fairy tales can come true.

It seems like a distant childhood memory now, but the night Once Upon a Time premiered, the sweet-tempered, stirring fable about a lonely boy, a fairy-tale princess and a dashing prince was thrown in against an NFL football game (Indianapolis-New Orleans) and the World Series in the U.S., where, by rights, it should have been overlooked, ignored and consigned to quick cancellation.

Instead, the filmed-in-Vancouver charmer pulled in 13 million viewers, including enough young adults in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 bracket to make Once Upon a Time the No. 1 drama debut of the fall on U.S. network TV. More than 1.7 million viewers tuned in across Canada, making it the strongest 7 p.m. season premiere on record in this country, according to a release by Bell Media-owned CTV.

More importantly, most of those viewers were charmed enough to return the following week -- and they've stayed ever since.

Viewers want to see whether Snow White and Prince Charming will be able to reverse the Evil Queen's curse and defy Rumpelstiltskin's prophecy that they'll be trapped forevermore in a terrible place, "where there are no happy endings."

Once Upon a Time may yet live to see a happy ending. It has disproved the notion that network TV is all about reality programs, prime time game shows and police procedurals, and it has bolstered Vancouver's reputation as a production centre that can produce quality as well as quantity.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...#ixzz1f9PGdsmh

I have to say this show is growing on me now, especially after this weeks episode. I like the way the curse is slowly being unraveled. Cleverly done with how bits of the fairy tale world are turning up around 'Storybrooke'. That poor couple turned into those really creepy dolls, , and it did look like the broken bits of Snow White's coffin at the bottom of that mine shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                Yes it was and thats the point of Spoiler Tags since there might be People reading this that are not that far in the Series.
                I wasn't sure that it was actually what i saw....
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't gotten into a show since SGA was cancelled, but this one is really pulling me in. Terrific so far!
                  (also liking Grimm)
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like we will get to see more of Tony Amendola by the story line set up for him last episode. Great, always liked him.
                    Just a footnote, my yoga instructor asked today if people where watching this show, most in the class are including two men. Of a class of about 25, only 3 are under 30. She also asked who knew the real name of Darth Vader, I was the only one who knew! So just me and her are the sci-fi geeks, I guess.
                    sigpic

Comment

After seeing this thread, I checked out the show and I really like it! One thing that bothers me though is that the Evil Queen simply seems to want her own happy ending... she's evil, evil people aren't supposed to want to be happy!

Spoiler:

I had to laugh when I finally realized who Ruby was, I didn't realize it until the second time we saw her but I guess the color of her clothes should have been a dead give away.

I'm surprised though that Henry and Emma haven't figured out yet who Gold is, since they now know what he does in reality too. I wonder who Dr. Whale is supposed to be, though, since he's obviously in cahoots with Regina.

Like the others I found it odd that Kathryn just happened to show up in time and it would be interesting to find out how Regina got her to play along...

Henry mentioned that no one but Emma can leave the town or bad things will happen, but when she tried to leave in the beginning the wolf stopped her too! And how did he get out unharmed or is it because he's not from the fairy tale world either? I also wonder why Rumpelstiltskin brought Henry back to Storybrook when Regina wanted a child because he seems to be evil yet he must have known there'd be a good chance Emma would return? Or maybe he just likes watching the power struggle.

Another question that popped into my head; if no one was aging until Emma showed up then how did Henry grow up? Again perhaps it's because he's not supposed to be there, but wouldn't other people find that strange? Does this mean Ashley/Cinderella was pregnant for 28 years? If so, she seemed more pregnant now than when she locked up Rumpelstiltskin... and how is it she remembered the deal she made with Gold? Or did they make another one? If so, when did they do it if she's been pregnant for 28 years?

Glad someone pointed out that the glass Regina picked up was part of the glass coffin hidden deep in the mines, because I didn't get a good look at it and was wondering what it was supposed to be...
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        After seeing this thread, I checked out the show and I really like it! One thing that bothers me though is that the Evil Queen simply seems to want her own happy ending... she's evil, evil people aren't supposed to want to be happy!

Spoiler:

I had to laugh when I finally realized who Ruby was, I didn't realize it until the second time we saw her but I guess the color of her clothes should have been a dead give away.

I'm surprised though that Henry and Emma haven't figured out yet who Gold is, since they now know what he does in reality too. I wonder who Dr. Whale is supposed to be, though, since he's obviously in cahoots with Regina.

Like the others I found it odd that Kathryn just happened to show up in time and it would be interesting to find out how Regina got her to play along...

Henry mentioned that no one but Emma can leave the town or bad things will happen, but when she tried to leave in the beginning the wolf stopped her too! And how did he get out unharmed or is it because he's not from the fairy tale world either? I also wonder why Rumpelstiltskin brought Henry back to Storybrook when Regina wanted a child because he seems to be evil yet he must have known there'd be a good chance Emma would return? Or maybe he just likes watching the power struggle.

Another question that popped into my head; if no one was aging until Emma showed up then how did Henry grow up? Again perhaps it's because he's not supposed to be there, but wouldn't other people find that strange? Does this mean Ashley/Cinderella was pregnant for 28 years? If so, she seemed more pregnant now than when she locked up Rumpelstiltskin... and how is it she remembered the deal she made with Gold? Or did they make another one? If so, when did they do it if she's been pregnant for 28 years?

Glad someone pointed out that the glass Regina picked up was part of the glass coffin hidden deep in the mines, because I didn't get a good look at it and was wondering what it was supposed to be...
                        They try to make her more sympathetic. It doesnt work for me either, but it still makes me feel sorry for her.

Spoiler:
                        I will try to answer some of your Questions without spoiling the Episodes you havent watched so far.

The Dr. is Jiminy Cricket and he is just easily intimmidated by Regina. She has basically the whole Town in her grip.

I think it is as you said with the thing about leaving the Town. Henry could leave because he didnt really belong. Emma on the other Hand does belong there, she was just saved by the Tree and now is trapped like the others. The Town reacted when she came back, so it will probably not let her go.

I think Rumpel is simply enjoying the Show. 28 Years in a Town that doesnt change has to be boring, so he set up this Situation to get the Show rolling. The common guess is that he remembers everything, eventhough it hasnt been said so far. Also it looks like his Deals go for both Worlds since its his Magic. The History of the Deals get changed, but the stakes are still the same.

Henry explained that the whole Town was basically in a haze and didnt take anything for strange. They have a faked History that they barely remember. They just went about their Day oblivious to the rest of the World. Henry is half "Human" if you will since his Dad is from the real World, so the Curse doesnt apply to him like it does to the others.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I've seen all the eps so far, but I really meant

Spoiler:
                          the other Doctor, Dr. Walsh. The one who went on a date with Snow, was eyeing Red and treated Charming.

I understand the haze thing, but I just find it odd that no one noticed Henry growing up with no one else aging and Ashley being forever pregnant!

To me it's obvious Rumpelstiltskin remembers everything and it seems like Regina is starting to realize it too. The curse was his after all and why would he ask her for something in return (a good life and her granting all his requests if says "please") if he wouldn't remember any of it?

I'm looking forward to seeing more stories and reveals of fairy tale characters, but I have to admit that there were times when I had to look up the fairy tale because I didn't remember it! Of course the stories and characters being in English didn't help in that department, but I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even remember Rumpelstiltskin (the tale yes, the character not really)...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

Spoiler:

I think evil peole are evil just becouse they are unhappy.

Spoiler:
                            They have their memorys, but they are changed somehow. So, I don't belive that Cinderella had to make another deal. She remembers the first deal differently that it was. I wonder if Rumpelstiltskin remembers who is he. And he was familliar with Emma's name.
                            I'm still learning English, and I would be delighted if someone would write me a message or an email. Feel free to correct my posts, spelling and/or grammar, and sentences that don't make sense. School-English just isn't the same. I try not to use the dictionary at every turn, so it's highly likely I'll be making stupid mistakes here and there. Thank you for your patience, and....

Allons-y Alonzo!!!
                            (something I always wanted to say)

Comment

Originally posted by Annkoo View Post
                              I think evil peole are evil just becouse they are unhappy.

Spoiler:
                              They have their memorys, but they are changed somehow. So, I don't belive that Cinderella had to make another deal. She remembers the first deal differently that it was. I wonder if Rumpelstiltskin remembers who is he. And he was familliar with Emma's name.
                              When Mr. Gold had that confrontation with Regina & we found out that Mr. Gold is that one that got her Henry I think he knows damn well what is going on & that Henry is the son of Snow Whites daughter & who Emma is

Comment

I would really like to find out what the heck the Sheriff is. For some reason i am getting a Wolf Vibe from him.... but IDK.... I can't wait to see what his deal is!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X