0-8-4 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was better than last week.

Anyone think Shield really dispose of that weapon into space, Nick Fury doesn't seem like someone that disposes of a working tesseract weapon, something they have difficulty creating themselves. I don't, I got the feeling we will be seeing that weapon again.

It a shame that Sky just turn out to be a Rising Tide lackey, instead of their leader, I really hope they don't do the obvious storyline of her turning against the rising tide to save her new colleagues/friends, which would be so predictable.

2.) The main cast are the only people on that plane? It seems to me that there should be at least 4 to 6 other guys crewing that plane (and maybe even a strike team of six or so guys for back up and to protect the plane, and Lola).
    That one thing that annoy me slightly, this was suppose to be an investigation team, , not a combat team, so yes it would have made sense for them to have a combat team on standby at the aircraft to extract them, and they seem to have left the aircraft abandon, anyone could have took it.
    It was also odd that they didn't take any security precautions with their guests.

I enjoyed seeing Nick Fury.

Comment

Eh....it was ok.....but I have to say that some of the acting was kinda lame. Those science twins are very annoying! If they are suppose to be comic relief....I find them more annoying than funny. The actors playing the fumbling scientist are really bad. Not good at banter or techno babble. (They could use some coaching from Amanda Tapping and David Hewlett. ) Didn't care for the rebel chick either. Felt she was kinda weak for a rebel.

Ming-Na Wen's character was they only one I liked and felt was the most convincing. Plus....she can really kick some ass. Looks like this episode was a transition ep to get now the characters and building of the "Agents".
      sigpic
      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I had slightly more concern that the plane was so easily taken over: like where did the rebels get a really very customised device for specifically attacking a cockpit door? One or two great lines of dialogue, mostly for Colson: "... and you ARE a rocket scientist!"

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
          I had slightly more concern that the plane was so easily taken over: like where did the rebels get a really very customised device for specifically attacking a cockpit door? One or two great lines of dialogue, mostly for Colson: "... and you ARE a rocket scientist!"
          Presumably from whoever wanted the artefact.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Anyone else get the feeling that The Rising Tide is some modernist revival attempt of HYDRA? I feel that Skye is only being manipulated by her old employers. I also get the feeling that Agent Coulson knows about her loyalty to them, which is why he is keeping her close (which would explain his enthusiasm to keep her on board even though everyone - including Nick Fury - are advising him otherwise).

Also did anyone else notice that Coulson keeps referring to his after-death vacation as 'a magical place.' Exactly those words!

Anyway, I give a full overview of the episode as well as a review here.

I really enjoyed the episode and look forward to next weeks!
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
              Anyone else get the feeling that The Rising Tide is some modernist revival attempt of HYDRA?
              Hope not, I am hope they stick with the idea that they are a good by oppose Shield and secrecy hacker network. An I would love Sky to be the leader of it.

I feel that Skye is only being manipulated by her old employers.
              I got a feeling you are right but that would be terribly predictable, an she will probably turn against them to save the team.
              I also get the feeling that Agent Coulson knows about her loyalty to them, which is why he is keeping her close (which would explain his enthusiasm to keep her on board even though everyone - including Nick Fury - are advising him otherwise).
              It does feel like he working on a long term plan. Not sure what the end game is through. But Fury doesn't know about it. It probably connected to him being bought back alive and him having to repay someone for that gift.

Also did anyone else notice that Coulson keeps referring to his after-death vacation as 'a magical place.' Exactly those words!
              Not why watching the episode but I read about it on another forum about him saying that phase repeatedly.

An by the way those soldiers that tried to take over the plane weren't rebels, they were peruvian soldiers wanted to use the weapons to defeat rebels forces. Through that a bit idiotic because the weapon clearly wasn't design for jungle combat, or for taking out small rebel units, it was design for punching holes through planets.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Presumably from whoever wanted the artefact.
                Who gave them the drill device? That's easy to answer: the writers. They needed the Peruvians to have a means of getting through the cockpit door without alerting May. The question is *why* would these guys have such a device as this drill/gas bomb with them, and what can we infer from it?

This drill device doesn't seem like it would have a lot of use out in the jungle. It makes little to no sense for them to have it as part of their regular gear, so I'm thinking they wouldn't carry it around unless, they actually knew that there would be a very good chance they'd be using it. Having that device says that the plan which Reyes had all along was:

1.) Get on the plane (the Bus).

2.) Seduce and incapacitate Coulson.

3.) Capture the rest of the crew.

4.) Gas May in the cockpit and take control of the plane.

5.) Secure the 0-8-4.

6.) Somehow get the 0-8-4 and themselves off of the plane and then go take over Peru.

This seems a rather complicated operation and one which would have had to have been preplanned, not something which they decided to do as a fall-back when plan A went south with the rebel attack.

I see this as poor writing.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                  Anyone else get the feeling that The Rising Tide is some modernist revival attempt of HYDRA? I feel that Skye is only being manipulated by her old employers. I also get the feeling that Agent Coulson knows about her loyalty to them, which is why he is keeping her close (which would explain his enthusiasm to keep her on board even though everyone - including Nick Fury - are advising him otherwise).
                  It seems a bit of a stretch that no one would be trying to monitor her communications, even if she is really good at covering her tracks. I'm thinking that the powers that be (Coulson on up) are using her to get closer to Rising Tide.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Hope not, I am hope they stick with the idea that they are a good by oppose Shield and secrecy hacker network. An I would love Sky to be the leader of it.

I got a feeling you are right but that would be terribly predictable, an she will probably turn against them to save the team.
                    It does feel like he working on a long term plan. Not sure what the end game is through. But Fury doesn't know about it. It probably connected to him being bought back alive and him having to repay someone for that gift.

Not why watching the episode but I read about it on another forum about him saying that phase repeatedly.

An by the way those soldiers that tried to take over the plane weren't rebels, they were peruvian soldiers wanted to use the weapons to defeat rebels forces. Through that a bit idiotic because the weapon clearly wasn't design for jungle combat, or for taking out small rebel units, it was design for punching holes through planets.
                    Yup.

It would be more interesting if Rising Tide was a separate organization. This being said, in order for them to be a real threat the writers are going to have to have a "Big Bad" in the background who are using RT to further a different agenda.

As to Skye running RT, are you seeing her as a Miranda Zero ("Global Frequency")?

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                      Who gave them the drill device? That's easy to answer: the writers. They needed the Peruvians to have a means of getting through the cockpit door without alerting May. The question is *why* would these guys have such a device as this drill/gas bomb with them, and what can we infer from it?

This drill device doesn't seem like it would have a lot of use out in the jungle. It makes little to no sense for them to have it as part of their regular gear, so I'm thinking they wouldn't carry it around unless, they actually knew that there would be a very good chance they'd be using it. Having that device says that the plan which Reyes had all along was:

1.) Get on the plane (the Bus).

2.) Seduce and incapacitate Coulson.

3.) Capture the rest of the crew.

4.) Gas May in the cockpit and take control of the plane.

5.) Secure the 0-8-4.

6.) Somehow get the 0-8-4 and themselves off of the plane and then go take over Peru.

This seems a rather complicated operation and one which would have had to have been preplanned, not something which they decided to do as a fall-back when plan A went south with the rebel attack.

I see this as poor writing.

regards,
                      G.
                      Ah the good ol its poor writring excuse because I do not know everything in one episode. That one never gets old
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                        Yup.

It would be more interesting if Rising Tide was a separate organization. This being said, in order for them to be a real threat the writers are going to have to have a "Big Bad" in the background who are using RT to further a different agenda.

As to Skye running RT, are you seeing her as a Miranda Zero ("Global Frequency")?

regards,
                        G.
                        It would be cool if she does turn out to be something like Miranda Zero and Rising Tide exactly like Global Frequency. She could also be Aleph, which in a way would be cooler as she could dispatch Rising Tide agents to help the team out or to record the team actions on mission.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Ah the good ol its poor writring excuse because I do not know everything in one episode. That one never gets old
                          Yeah, attempting sarcasm rather than actually speaking to the issues being discussed. I always appreciate the superior attitude of your responses. Thanks for this.

"0-8-4" had bad writing. The events on the plane were contrived. It was bad writing because it was contrived, not because I am expecting to have all of the answers presented to me by the end of the episode.

So do you think this Peruvian thing is going to be an on-going story arc?

Or do you believe that the 0-8-4 from this episode will be the focus of a season long story arc? Perhaps next week it gets stolen, and then Coulson gets it back the following episode? And maybe the week after that they won't talk about it at all because they are out having shawarmas, but when they get back to the office they discover that someone has stolen it. Again.

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            It would be cool if she does turn out to be something like Miranda Zero and Rising Tide exactly like Global Frequency. She could also be Aleph, which in a way would be cooler as she could dispatch Rising Tide agents to help the team out or to record the team actions on mission.
                            While this does sound like fun, I suspect it will complicate things a bit too much.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Its more cynical than superior. I've seen to many people take that reasoning to call it poor writing. All or most TV is contrived. Who knows what is to come. Its way to early to pass judgement and just dismiss these all as fillers.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder if we'll get a cameo by Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker at some point?

Spider-Man was conspicuous by his absence during the Battle of New York.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X