Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel's Daredevil: Live Rewatch/Appreciation.(SPOILERS through S1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Me too!

He seriously has got a freaking epic bum. Even the guy who plays Foggy has commented on how good Charlie's ass is!
    Also, it goes with the freaking epic rest of him!
    sigpic

Comment

The other fab thing about this show being PG-16 and it being a series, not a movie, is that the fight scenes/whump is realistic. Like, he gets TIRED when fighting, he staggers and slumps over, he's getting hit, as well as hitting, and it shows. As it freaking should!

And the whump is a natural consequence of the fight scenes. So many shows/movies just gloss over the whump - the hero is shot or stabbed or beaten and they grimace a bit, shake it off, and carry on as normal. No. Matt is a completely human man (super senses aside) getting into knock down, drag out fights and that has consequences. He takes DAMAGE.
      Yes in a lot of the fight scenes he looks totally exhausted and really struggling .

The whump continuity is absolutely the best ever

Comment

I swear Charlie is some kind of human chameleon. His face can look SO different in this show... like his face there in the boxing gym, without his glasses, looks totally different to his "lawyer with glasses" face, which is again totally different to his "lying beaten and bloody on Claire's couch without glasses" face, which again is totally different to his "clean-shaven preppy student with glasses" face... etc etc etc...
        sigpic

Comment

The other fab thing about this show being PG-16 and it being a series, not a movie, is that the fight scenes/whump is realistic. Like, he gets TIRED when fighting, he staggers and slumps over, he's getting hit, as well as hitting, and it shows. As it freaking should!

And the whump is a natural consequence of the fight scenes. So many shows/movies just gloss over the whump - the hero is shot or stabbed or beaten and they grimace a bit, shake it off, and carry on as normal. No. Matt is a completely human man (super senses aside) getting into knock down, drag out fights and that has consequences. He takes DAMAGE.
          - This
          sigpic

Comment

I swear Charlie is some kind of human chameleon. His face can look SO different in this show... like his face there in the boxing gym, without his glasses, looks totally different to his "lawyer with glasses" face, which is again totally different to his "lying beaten and bloody on Claire's couch without glasses" face, which again is totally different to his "clean-shaven preppy student with glasses" face... etc etc etc...
            I know. I don't know how he does it!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
              Yes in a lot of the fight scenes he looks totally exhausted and really struggling .

It really is. I've only found two issues so far and one you pointed out to me!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                Also, it goes with the freaking epic rest of him!
                You're not wrong.

I think I've mentioned before on tumblr that someone somewhere, probably in the continuity department, must have kept some kind of record of where and what injuries Matt has received over the course of the season, particularly the ones that were stitched/would leave scars, so that every time he's shirtless () the appropriate make-up can be applied.

Apropos of nothing, I have a new career goal...
                sigpic

Comment

Love the music when Matt is boxing and also LOVE him boxing!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

He does look totally different all of the time - I don't know how he does it but when needed he looks like a really tough guy and then a little puppy dog - it's weird

Comment

You're not wrong.

I think I've mentioned before on tumblr that someone somewhere, probably in the continuity department, must have kept some kind of record of where and what injuries Matt has received over the course of the season, particularly the ones that were stitched/would leave scars, so that every time he's shirtless () the appropriate make-up can be applied.

Apropos of nothing, I have a new career goal...
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooh what's this? Tell me more...
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok that's not continuity as such just lazy filming?

Comment

Love the music when Matt is boxing and also LOVE him boxing!!!!
                            Yet *another* thing Charlie has had to learn for this show. I love that he has put SO much work into this. He comes across as such a sweet puppy in real life but he has absolutely worked his (gorgeous) ass off to get this part just right.

He does look totally different all of the time - I don't know how he does it but when needed he looks like a really tough guy and then a little puppy dog - it's weird
                            So true! Perfect summation of his chameleon-like abilities.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oooh what's this? Tell me more...
                              Well, SheppyD is right. It's not continuity but lazy filming. One is in ep 2 on a close-up and the second is in ep, um, 11? Another close-up. Don't want to spoil here unless you don't mind? (I know you've obviously seen all the eps! )
                              sigpic

Comment

Yet *another* thing Charlie has had to learn for this show. I love that he has put SO much work into this. He comes across as such a sweet puppy in real life but he has absolutely worked his (gorgeous) ass off to get this part just right.

So true! Perfect summation of his chameleon-like abilities.
                                I always think he looks totally different in ep 2 in the whump scenes at the start than any other time - his face looks longer - probably due to his messed up hair

Comment

Working...
                                X