How large is SHIELD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I make a suggestion.
    Please take the following in to account. Marvel likes to reboot it's 'canon' every so often.

So what might be correct today. May be subject to change tomorrow.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      May I make a suggestion.
      Please take the following in to account. Marvel likes to reboot it's 'canon' every so often.

So what might be correct today. May be subject to change tomorrow.
      True, but at the minute we're mainly considering the cinematic universe, which hasn't been rebooted yet.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        True, but at the minute we're mainly considering the cinematic universe, which hasn't been rebooted yet.
        No, but I think there is a lot of retcon what the history of SHIELD within that universe. While nothing was actually stated, there were implicit references to/about SHIELD that has been explicitly doubted either by Captain America: TWS and/or Agents of SHIELD

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
          Actually in the latest film
          Spoiler:
          Shield was overseen by a multinational advisory board much like the IOA from stargate. It seams like only America has classed Shield as a terrorist organization
          And in some versions of the comics Shield was created by the UN after WW2.
          An Coulson did talk about contacting friends at the UN, which shows that the UN had some involvement in Shield in this universe.

Comment

So maybe like the stargate program it started out US only then morphed into a UN linked org.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              An Coulson did talk about contacting friends at the UN, which shows that the UN had some involvement in Shield in this universe.
              All that means is that Coulson, has friends at the UN. Not that the UN has any jurisdiction involving SHIELD

Comment

Having seen one of the Latest episodes. They did show a SHIELD facility in Switzerland.
                Which means SHIELD may be Multi-National in the series.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                  Having seen one of the Latest episodes. They did show a SHIELD facility in Switzerland.
                  Which means SHIELD may be Multi-National in the series.
                  The US has many military bases over the world and embassies. They also fly out FBI agents to do investigating at international spots where Americans or American property was involved. So I don't see SHIELD bases n Switzerland as any indication.

Comment

Based on the council that we saw Fury consulting with in the Avengers I think it's safe to say that SHIELD certainly has an international oversight if nothing else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPJ6xFvdWk

In the video you can clearly hear and American and British accent and another which I'm reasonably sure is Russian... though it is kinda hard to tell. Unlike the other two he only says one line.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Based on the council that we saw Fury consulting with in the Avengers I think it's safe to say that SHIELD certainly has an international oversight if nothing else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXPJ6xFvdWk

In the video you can clearly hear and American and British accent and another which I'm reasonably sure is Russian... though it is kinda hard to tell. Unlike the other two he only says one line.
                      Robert Redford's character in Winter Soldier used to be a US Ambassador, I think, and now is a member of the council. The fact is we know nothing of the members of the council, their power, authority, or who they represent if they represent anyone at all.

No one talks about a country as if they are their representatives. Given the information introduced in Winter Solider we probably will never know as the movies and tv show are moving forward and not looking back

Comment

I think Robert Redford said something about the possibility of an event happening "in your country" to one of the other council members, so I'm pretty sure it's international.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          All that means is that Coulson, has friends at the UN. Not that the UN has any jurisdiction involving SHIELD

If UN has no jurisdiction over Shield how was they going be of help in the situation the team found themselves in ?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            If UN has no jurisdiction over Shield how was they going be of help in the situation the team found themselves in ?
                            The UN has member nations that have military assets available that they would choose to use.

Comment

Working...
                            X