No announcement yet.

MCU Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c/o an article at io9: the animated Guardians of the Galaxy TV show will not be part of the MCU, as confirmed by GotG writer/director James Gunn.

Slashfilm: [The show] hypothetically takes place between this movie and your next movie.

James Gunn: Really? Is that what somebody said?

Slashfilm: Yeah.

Gunn: Because that's not true.

Slashfilm: Okay.

Gunn: There's no way.

Slashfilm: That was my question. Is that case or do you have to like be don't touch any of this?

Gunn: No, that's totally separate from this Marvel Cinematic Universe. And whoever said that, it pisses me off.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm glad that the GOTG animated show is not going to be part of the MCU, since it will the animated series to be more creative in their episodes and season long plot than worrying about making sure they don't mess up canon in the MCU.

Spoiler:
      I thought both Loki and Thor were 1,000+ years old, so how could they be children in 1990? Or is their ages changed for the MCU.

Comment

I was actually just thinking about that last night and was going to put it to you guys for opinions....

edit; Eh, moved it. Thinking on it, it makes more sense if Thor & Loki are around a thousand years old.
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 13 December 2014, 01:13 PM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

When is inhumans due to be released?
          "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by StuckintheStargate View Post
            When is inhumans due to be released?
            2nd November 2018
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              2nd November 2018
              Oh that's sooo far away! Im already really excited for it though!
              "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all." Isaac Asimov

Comment

Adjustment to accommodate recent announcements concerning Daredevil and AKA Jessica Jones. Note that this is based on the expectation that airdates will reflect chronological setting--so anticipate adjustments if the shows turn out not to be contemporary with their real-world releases.

Comment

Updated once again.

Revisions include:
                  • filling out Agent Carter + its flashbacks
                  • addition of new SHIELD flashback
                  • adjustments to SHIELD late S2/Daredevil/Ultron order per airdates/release dates (based on Daredevil's Apr 10 all-at-once premiere, Ultron's May 1 premiere, and Clark Gregg saying last summer that SHIELD S2 would broadcast in 2 straight runs without all the skipped weeks -- naturally, subject to change)
                  • addition of Spider-Man movie
                  • reshuffling of Phase 3 films because of Spider-Man

With (at least) 3 episodes of SHIELD not airing till after Age of Ultron hits the big screen, I'm guessing we can expect that there will be a sizeable tie-in between the two

Comment

Since they tied agents of shield in with both Thor 2, and Cap 2, you can bet that there will be tie ins here as well!

Comment

Updated again. Includes recently-revealed episode titles for both SHIELD and Daredevil, as well as placement of Daredevil flashbacks.

Some notes on Daredevil placement:
                      Spoiler:
                      Some of the dialogue near the beginning of the season suggests it's been around 2 years since the Battle of New York (The Avengers). I suspect that this has to do with the production/filming schedule of the show being late-2014. This mostly tracks with a prominent shot of the new WTC tower looking very much completed at one point in the season, which officially opened (in the real world) in November 2014.

For the sake of simplicity--given that we don't have exact placement--I've decided just to stick with the airdate debut of the series as when it's set: April 2015.

Interesting, loosely related observation: in episode 2, Claire says that she used to date a guy named Mike, who 'as it turns out was very good at keeping serets.' Obviously I could be completely off-base here, but I read that as a sly nod to Mike Peterson (Deathlok) from Agents of SHIELD

Now regarding flashback sequences... Again for the sake of simplicity and because of the lack of concrete dates, I've used the real-world ages of the actors as my determination of the ages of the characters.

In practice, what I mean by this is that (for instance) I've assumed that because Vincent D'Onofrio was born in 1959, so was his character, Wilson Fisk. With that as my baseline, the show's dialogue stating that he lost his father at age 12 places the 'Young Fisk' flashbacks in roughly 1971. Similarly, because Chalie Cox (Matt/Daredevil) was born in 1982, the assumption is that when Matt loses his sight at age 9, that happens in roughly 1991.

The same reasoning applies to all actors/characters and their respective flashback scenes.

Comment

I believe the flashbacks in The Agents of SHIELD episode Melinda were to shortly before Iron Man since they said 5 years ago and Coulson used the whole name for SHIELD, not the acronym.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                          I believe the flashbacks in The Agents of SHIELD episode Melinda were to shortly before Iron Man since they said 5 years ago and Coulson used the whole name for SHIELD, not the acronym.
                          Actually in the episode "Melinda" the flashbacks happened 7 years ago.

Comment

I think you're both right. 7 years before 2015 would be 2008, which is when Iron Man came out. So I'm confident in agreeing with both of you.

I'll look into updating tomorrow, there's been some new flashbacks in recent weeks. But I was just on my way to bed, so it can wait

Comment

Derp, forgot to come back to this till just now. Only minor edits, per the brief discussion above.

Not added yet, but also of note from news that came out yesterday
                              - Daredevil has been renewed for a second season (timeline placement as-yet unknown)
                              - SHIELD has received a Season 3 renewal (presumably it'll run fall 2015 through spring 2016)
                              - Agent Carter was renewed for a second season (timeline placement as-yet unknown)
                              - the SHIELD spin-off that was to star Bobbi & Hunter is apparently dead in the water

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                I think you're both right. 7 years before 2015 would be 2008, which is when Iron Man came out. So I'm confident in agreeing with both of you.

I'll look into updating tomorrow, there's been some new flashbacks in recent weeks. But I was just on my way to bed, so it can wait
                                Yeah, you're right. Math fail on my part.

Comment

Working...
                                X