• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First clip from the movie.

Comment

Final trailer.

Comment

I am seriously jonsing for this.. I hope to high heck that they Don't do to this like they have done to many others, and release it everywhere else before its released stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          I am seriously jonsing for this.. I hope to high heck that they Don't do to this like they have done to many others, and release it everywhere else before its released stateside.
          They probably will. I'd bet all my Stargate DVDs on it.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

21st May international release. 23rd May stateside.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Soddham and gammora on their ponsy butts. I curse all of those schmucks that keep doing this.

Comment

There's only a two days difference. What's the problem? They're released the same week in this case. Just a Wednesday release adroad and a Friday release in the states.

Comment

Soddham and gammora on their ponsy butts. I curse all of those schmucks that keep doing this.
                  Foreign countries have their own movies that aren't necessarily released in the US and movie theaters only have a limited number of slots for new movies in a week. That adds another layer of complexity in trying to schedule movie releases. It seems to happen more recently, but we might just be noticing it more because they are being released internationally a week or two earlier rather than a month or two later.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    There's only a two days difference. What's the problem? They're released the same week in this case. Just a Wednesday release adroad and a Friday release in the states.
                    Its just me expressing my utter irked state at their continual doing of this. I swear if i ever make something (novel or screenplay) and any studio wants it, the first and last line on any damn contract i sign will have "This film will be released stateside at least 1 week before anywhere else PERIOD!" If they are unwilling to sign, then they would not get the rights.

Comment

Its just me expressing my utter irked state at their continual doing of this. I swear if i ever make something (novel or screenplay) and any studio wants it, the first and last line on any damn contract i sign will have "This film will be released stateside at least 1 week before anywhere else PERIOD!" If they are unwilling to sign, then they would not get the rights.
                      And why exactly shouldn't the rest of the world get a film at the same time this day and age?

Take DOFP for example
                      Yes it's a 20th century fox production, but:
                      The two original writers of the comic story it's based on are British, as are two of the writers involved with the script itself.
                      One of the producers, while being American, is British born.
                      Then there is the cast which very much an international affair.
                      -4 Brits
                      -1 Irish-German
                      -2 Australians
                      -1 Chinese
                      -1 French
                      -1 Mexican
                      -4 Canadians
                      - 5 Americans.
                      It was filmed entirely in Canada, which means that the majority of the crew will likewise be Canadian.

Given all that, I'd say a simultaneous worldwide release is understandable.

Comment

This is my X-Men Movie Saga Montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6e5EiW7K-c

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          And why exactly shouldn't the rest of the world get a film at the same time this day and age?

Take DOFP for example
                          Yes it's a 20th century fox production, but:
                          The two original writers of the comic story it's based on are British, as are two of the writers involved with the script itself.
                          One of the producers, while being American, is British born.
                          Then there is the cast which very much an international affair.
                          -4 Brits
                          -1 Irish-German
                          -2 Australians
                          -1 Chinese
                          -1 French
                          -1 Mexican
                          -4 Canadians
                          - 5 Americans.
                          It was filmed entirely in Canada, which means that the majority of the crew will likewise be Canadian.

Given all that, I'd say a simultaneous worldwide release is understandable.
                          If it truely was simo, i would be all for it (like they did with the 2nd back to the future and iirc phantom menace.. released the same day and time all over). Now when you look at it, prior to say mid 2012, only a select few films seemed to get that treatment. Now days it seems EVERY film that is supposed to be big, gets it.

Comment

If it truely was simo, i would be all for it (like they did with the 2nd back to the future and iirc phantom menace.. released the same day and time all over). Now when you look at it, prior to say mid 2012, only a select few films seemed to get that treatment. Now days it seems EVERY film that is supposed to be big, gets it.
                            That may be your perception but big budget movies have been released international first a lot longer than 2 years
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              That may be your perception but big budget movies have been released international first a lot longer than 2 years
                              in that case, it makes it worse.
                              Its like a chef that works at restaurant X, always 'showcasing his new recipes' at restaurant Y a few days before at the restaurant he works at.

Comment

That seems like a flawed analogy since chefs tend to only cook at one restaurant
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X