Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm going to see that next Tuesday after my class. Because... uh, reasons.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      That's something i have been moaning about on other sites.. How can they release a movie made in america, starting/about America, elsewhere before it HITS america is beyond me. And that they justify it (some at least) by saying "Yes we know these countries we release it to are well known for their piracy, but we feel we make more releasing it there first" is imo Bass ackwards.
      Ok, my personal theory is the UK got an early release of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" because "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is due for release in a couple of weeks just as the schools break up for the Easter holidays.

Going to the cinema is an expensive business, even more so if you've got kids.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl
        What reasons? It couldn't be because the two main male leads are exceptionally HOT!!!!!

What time zone are you in? Maybe we could go "together."
        That is highly possible. And I'm on Pacific time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Ok, my personal theory is the UK got an early release of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" because "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is due for release in a couple of weeks just as the schools break up for the Easter holidays.

Going to the cinema is an expensive business, even more so if you've got kids.
          If it was just Marvel movies that might be true, but a lot more movies get released internationally first.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            If it was just Marvel movies that might be true, but a lot more movies get released internationally first.
            I've heard it is done for hype/advertising and because they can do a few last minute edits if needed based on the reception abroad. If the film is doing well abroad it means extra revenue they can use for advertising here in the US as well. I know I saw an article on it a while back. hmmmm.....

Edit: Okay, I don't think this is the article I read, but close to the same content...
            sigpic

Comment

Decided to watch the latest episode in the end, yeah, its spoiled CA: TWS a bit, but I still really want to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Decided to watch the latest episode in the end, yeah, its spoiled CA: TWS a bit, but I still really want to see it!
                It would have been hard to not watch the rest of the episodes. You probably won't regret it. The movie is still really good.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                  It would have been hard to not watch the rest of the episodes. You probably won't regret it. The movie is still really good.
                  I still have the fact that I don't know how the story in the movie goes, just know a bit more going in. Yeah, it would have been nice going into the film knowing nothing, but that would mean waiting ages to see the film and not watching the show and dodging film and show spoilers left right and centre. Id already had part of the film spoiled for me so I just thought what the hell... I had the same feeling for GoT season 3. Yeah, Ill probably regret it a bit, but atleast I can carry on watching this great show.

Comment

I still have the fact that I don't know how the story in the movie goes, just know a bit more going in. Yeah, it would have been nice going into the film knowing nothing, but that would mean waiting ages to see the film and not watching the show and dodging film and show spoilers left right and centre. Id already had part of the film spoiled for me so I just thought what the hell... I had the same feeling for GoT season 3. Yeah, Ill probably regret it a bit, but atleast I can carry on watching this great show.
                    Once you do get a chance to see the movie, you'll have fun rewatching the show and seeing some of the scenes in a different light too. I'm looking forward to rewatching this season already... and its not even finished yet. Hope they get a season 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Their is probably some incentive for releasing movies international before domestic. That reason still eludes me as I can't find out the rationale to release it overseas first.
                      As was explained by some on that other site (classicbattletech.com), its cause they supposedly get more revenue from overseas releases if its before stateside release.
                      All i can say is if i ever wrote a film up and released it to a studio, the first line of the contract would stipulate it gets released here a min of 2 weeks before releasing anywhere else, period!

Its also one more reason to add to the list for why i don't bother going to cinemas anyway.

Comment

I don't believe that argument. The domestic and international figures for movies are usually pretty close.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl
                          So 2 hours behind me. Hmm....
                          We could still see it the same day.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't believe that argument. The domestic and international figures for movies are usually pretty close.
                            http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-more...iering-abroad/

Doesn't seem like a very scientific study, but they reference a guy that may have done more research. *shrug*
                            sigpic

Comment

So how do we think what's happening in AOS and CA: TWS will tie in with Age of Ultron?

Comment

So how do we think what's happening in AOS and CA: TWS will tie in with Age of Ultron?
                                What?!? That's a whole year away.

Besides, they've got to tie in with Guardians of the Galaxy first.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X