The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I'm really glad it was made because I didn't much care for the first Trilogy. I thought Toby Maguire's Spiderman was awful. This portrayal was vastly superior, they finally got his wisecracking right.
    I think so too. Not because there wasn't any in the Raimi trilogy but Maguire's comic delivery of them didn't always hit the spot. Maguire, I thought, did capture certain aspects of the Ditko Spidey probably to the point of caricature.

I liked the Raimi films for bringing Spidey to the big screen. Two was good. But there was a tongue-in-cheek undercurrent that never felt right to me. Raimi wanted to play with the genre and play in it which made the tone uneven.
    This new film, I think, embraces the superhero world lovingly but with a more contemporary sensibility.

Another thing I really like about TASM is how science fictiony it feels compared to the previous three films.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Wow, so much hate for the first trilogy. Overall, I really enjoyed those movies.
      Like I said, I think most people hate the 3rd movie, it was just a waste of time. But Peter and Mary Jane's relationship got on my nerves very early on.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think its hate for the previous trilogy (except maybe for the 3rd movie), its just that this most recent depiction of Spiderman was superior in many ways.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Wow, so much hate for the first trilogy. Overall, I really enjoyed those movies.
          I don't know that I'd say I hated them. I thought they were all quite mediocre and sub-par from what I was hoping for. I've also never subscribed, personally, to the idea that Spiderman 2 is one of the best films and Spiderman 3 is one of the worst.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            I don't know that I'd say I hated them. I thought they were all quite mediocre and sub-par from what I was hoping for. I've also never subscribed, personally, to the idea that Spiderman 2 is one of the best films and Spiderman 3 is one of the worst.
            Yes...I agree...I wouldn't say hate...but they could've been better.

I'm gonna go see Spiderman again tomorrow! :-)
            sigpic

Comment

I say I hate the third Spiderman movie! It was bad in so many ways.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, after seeing Spiderman the 2nd time...I love it even more!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                  I say I hate the third Spiderman movie! It was bad in so many ways.
                  For me, the third Spiderman had a lot of good moments mixed with quite a few bad ones. Definitely a mixed bag there.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X