Fantastic Four Reboot: News/Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    That doesn't hold water. Back in the 80's and 90's, all that meant was you put out a better sequel. Alien 3 was awful. Did FOX reboot? Nope, we got Alien Resurrection, a sequel.

EDIT: an extra one for Ron.
    sigpic

Comment

Couldn't find a thread already for this, but please merge if there is one and I've missed it.

So, we have the first trailer for the Fantastic Four reboot, thoughts?

Comment

Fant4stic? Ok.

No Jessica Alba, not sure how I feel about this....

Comment

Is it just me... Or are the Marvel/Other-CGI-comic-movies being re-booted far too often these days?
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
            Is it just me... Or are the Marvel/Other-CGI-comic-movies being re-booted far too often these days?
            It's not just you. Fantastic Four came out in 2005, as I recall. There's been one sequel. There is no need for a reboot. Just continue the story that has been started. There is no need to go over their origin again. Spiderman was another example of this. 30 - 40 years, with the franchise idle? Yeah, reboot is ok. But within 10 years? No thanks.

Comment

Exactly...

The Batman franchise ran with several different lead actors in the 90s, without requiring a reboot...
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              and lots more!

Comment

It will take a miracle to save this movie from being this years biggest box office failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                  It will take a miracle to save this movie from being this years biggest box office failure.
                  That's premature. Many thought the same about the Hulk reboot and did good.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

And... are they just casting younger and younger or what?
                    and lots more!

Comment

My first response when I saw this thread was does that need to be made? The other movies are only 10 years old. They could easily just make a third movie.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        My first response when I saw this thread was does that need to be made? The other movies are only 10 years old. They could easily just make a third movie.
                        Except that the last movie is widely seen as awful. They're rebooting to get away from that, and if they waited too long, the rights would have gone back to Marvel. Not saying that's a good reason from our perspective, but it is from the studio perspective.

Comment

It's more likely that the Director or some other high up muckity muck wants to put his own stamp on it to stroke his ego.

Comment

I'm getting tired of all of the reboots! Where is the originality??
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I'm getting tired of all of the reboots! Where is the originality??
                              Agreed, Im sitting here wondering what will be next?

EDIT: Seems Ghostbusters is next, but with a full female team...
                              Last edited by Teddybrown; 28 January 2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                Agreed, Im sitting here wondering what will be next?

EDIT: Seems Ghostbusters is next, but with a full female team...
                                That will be a disaster, in my opinion. There are some things that you just can't improve upon. Whomever gets the task of running this risks a great deal. Screw this up, and your odds of getting another job in Hollywood aren't good.

Comment

Working...
                                X