Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Marvel And Disney Setting 'Thor 2' For Summer 2013; Chris Hemsworth's Back But Kenneth Branagh Won't Return

Marvel Studios, which is in production on the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers, is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. Branagh, who directed the first film and watched it gross $437 million worldwide with a few territories still playing out, will likely be involved in some producing capacity. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday.

Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Disney and Marvel have already slotted the Robert Downey Jr-starrer Iron Man 3 to open May 3, 2013. So figure that Thor 2 will come later in the summer.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/marv...h-wont-return/
    Awesome!
    sigpic

Comment

Well, too bad that Kenneth Branagh is not returning for the second part because Thor is my favorite comic movie up to date but I still have faith that marvel can pull a great second one with the same actors, I seriously hope that Natalie Portman will be in it (because that would be a huge let down!) this one was the first movie where I really loved her seeing in it.
      sigpic

Comment

A few weeks ago I have watched Thor and i liked it.
        Of course there wasn't all the right informations about the mythology but as a person, who don't know this, it wasn't horrible .
        A nice girl (Portman) and a strong fighter... nice movie with big material battle and nice special effects.

Comment

Thor

8/10

OMG that was good. And good even on DVD. We don't need no bloody 3D gimmicks.

Only one thing at about 1:04:00 on the movie as they are walking out of the SHIELD base there's a sound bite of the word "father" and no scene to match. It sounded like Loki..

Is this a glitch in the movie?

Has anyone exe had this happen?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

This movie was just a chance to throw together some cgi and shirtless men. Terrible.

Comment

As they walking out of the Shield base, Colson says "follow them". Is that it?

sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...ie)-Discussion

Rocket science.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  As they walking out of the Shield base, Colson says "follow them". Is that it?
                  That could be it.........I'll have to watch that bit again with subtitles on.

Comment

Thor

8/10

Only one thing at about 1:04:00 on the movie as they are walking out of the SHIELD base there's a sound bite of the word "father" and no scene to match. It sounded like Loki..

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Thor

8/10

I have not noticed it, although I watched it five times or smth alrady xD got a friend of mine watching thor, now she is into the ultimates and marvel...awesome, there should be more girls like her out there! xD
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        I have not noticed it, although I watched it five times or smth alrady xD got a friend of mine watching thor, now she is into the ultimates and marvel...awesome, there should be more girls like her out there! xD
                        Yeah comic and geek girls are hard to find..... But it's strange some of the prettiest ones like stuff like this. Go girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Marvel And Disney Setting 'Thor 2' For Summer 2013; Chris Hemsworth's Back But Kenneth Branagh Won't Return

Marvel Studios, which is in production on the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers, is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. Branagh, who directed the first film and watched it gross $437 million worldwide with a few territories still playing out, will likely be involved in some producing capacity. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday.

Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Disney and Marvel have already slotted the Robert Downey Jr-starrer Iron Man 3 to open May 3, 2013. So figure that Thor 2 will come later in the summer.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/marv...h-wont-return/
                          I'm so looking forward to the Thor sequel but I'm going to miss Kenneth Branagh

I'm also looking forward to Iron Man 3, I hope it's as good as 1 and 2
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Howcome none of the female super heroes have had decent movies?

I'd like one about Black Canary or Zatanna

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Howcome none of the female super heroes have had decent movies?

I'd like one about Black Canary or Zatanna
                              Wrong franchise.

I think they may still be planning the Black Widow movie. I'd be interesting in them giving her a movie, perhaps adapting the script David Hayter wrote after he did X-Men. The problem with the female stories is they've just been crap. Ultraviolet, Aeon Flux, Elektra, Tomb Raider (first was decent). Oh, BloodRayne too. It's either fanservice or just poor acting/writing/directing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                Wrong franchise.

I think they may still be planning the Black Widow movie. I'd be interesting in them giving her a movie, perhaps adapting the script David Hayter wrote after he did X-Men. The problem with the female stories is they've just been crap. Ultraviolet, Aeon Flux, Elektra, Tomb Raider (first was decent). Oh, BloodRayne too. It's either fanservice or just poor acting/writing/directing.

My bad my two were DC weren't they? sorry.

Did you like the Bloodrayne movie. I didn't mind both

Comment

Working...
                                X