X-Men:First Class News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    If they're going to trilogy it and don't necessarily show the actual Xavier/Magneto split in this movie but only the growing tension, then I doubt they'll include the present day, only the
    Spoiler:
    future. The whole time travel
    angle is being used, apparently.
    Really? I did not know that. Interesting.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Maybe they'll travel in time in an extra large DeLorean
      I would love that
      sigpic

Comment

They can use Magento's helmet. It's big enough to hold a few people and I am sure he could get it up to 88mph using his powers of magnetism.

One thing though
        Spoiler:
        where has it been mentioned that time travel will be anywhere, even if remotely, used in the movies?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they'll travel in time in an extra large DeLorean
          Nope.

Spoiler:
          An Xtra large Delorean.

I couldnt help myself. Im not even sorry
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            I would love that
            I would too!

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
            Nope.

Spoiler:
            An Xtra large Delorean.

I couldnt help myself. Im not even sorry
            too funny!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              They can use Magento's helmet. It's big enough to hold a few people and I am sure he could get it up to 88mph using his powers of magnetism.
              One thing though
              Spoiler:
              where has it been mentioned that time travel will be anywhere, even if remotely, used in the movies?
              I really don't see anything wrong with the helmet.

As for the now blatantly spoilered 'spoilers'...
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post

One thing though
                Spoiler:
                and yeah...I wanna know where they said what SB asked in the spoiler above...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  What's with the Wolverine hate?
                  Hate? People are just tired of him stealing the show from all the other wonderful characters. I love Wolverine, but the X-Men is so much more than him. He is very overused throughout all media involving X-Men IMO.

Uggg...time travel.
                  My favorite kind of story.

Comment

and yeah...I wanna know where they said what SB asked in the spoiler above...
                    See the link in my post right above your post.
                    Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Hate? People are just tired of him stealing the show from all the other wonderful characters. I love Wolverine, but the X-Men is so much more than him. He is very overused throughout all media involving X-Men IMO.
                    My favorite kind of story.
                    And I love those stories, too... so long as they're done correctly and with a twist.

Exactly right about Logan, btw.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      See the link in my post right above your post.
                      Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Director Matthew Vaughn talks First Class:

It’s set in the ’60s, and I basically molded a young Magneto on a young Sean Connery. He’s the ultimate spy — imagine Bond, but with superpowers.

In the beginning of the film, no one knows that mutants exist, and all the mutants don’t know that each other exist. They’re all in hiding. Kevin Bacon plays a very megalomaniac mutant [Sebastian Shaw] who decides that he can take over the world and that mutants are the future. Erik and Charles then meet each other and hook up with the CIA to try and prevent World War III. You find out everything about what went on between Erik and Charles.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Why does the director feel the need to give away the movie's plot? Is he afraid people won't go see it?

Why does Magneto already have his helmet? In the original movie, Charles Xavier was surprised that he was unable to read Magneto's mind. How is it that Magneto has this some 60-70 years prior? I'm not one to whine about canon, but I don't like it when major plot points are ignored.

Comment

X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer

Last edited by Artha O'neill; 10 February 2011, 03:16 PM.
                            Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Artha O'neill View Post
                              X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHy...layer_embedded
                              Thanks for posting that

Who was the teleporter guy? He had a tale
                              sigpic

Comment

That would be Azazel,
                                Spoiler:
                                Nightcrawler's father. I hope they have him as one of the bad guys, part of the Hellfire Club. Fighting on the side of 'angels' would just be wrong. Still, how cliche is it to have the demon-looking dude be evil and party of something filled with leather, whips and hedonism?
                                I'm honestly surprised the movie looks so good. The teleporting looks familiar, must run in the family. Havok's energy beams have a version of the concentric circle effect from the comics. Mystique is... still naked. And Mags does his famous tin can impression with a nuclear sub. Not sure about how Beast looks, though.

I want this movie to be good. Still cautiously optimistic, but I'm pretty sure it'll be overshadowed by Captain America and Thor.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X