The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I am not that familiar with Ultron. So, this should all be new to me.
    Imagine a robot made out of adamantium (you know, that nearly-indestructible metal that forms Wolverine's claws).

Nothing could POSSIBLY go wrong there...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
      Ultron is a great villain, shame though that we aren't getting Thanos but I guess it makes sense to safe him for later.

I hope they get the same guy to voice him in the movie that they used in Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes, he really nailed it imo. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this is the role that Vin Diesel was being cast in.
      Vin being cast for this?? News to me.

Imagine a robot made out of adamantium (you know, that nearly-indestructible metal that forms Wolverine's claws).
      That's why i never understood how he was ever stopped in the comics..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Vin being cast for this?? News to me.

That's why i never understood how he was ever stopped in the comics..
        There are a lot of rumors floating around that Vin Diesel is being cast in some role for some Marvel movie. There was a recent tweet by him where he is standing in front of a poster of the cover of "Avengers #2". So maybe he is being cast as Ultron, I guess his his voice could work for that role. A lot of people were speculating that he would be the Vision, a character that is also connected to Ultron.

Comment

http://collider.com/the-avengers-2-s...scarlet-witch/
          Scarlet Witch cast?

Comment

So hit girl is gonna be the witch.. Not a bad choice.

Comment

So James Spader has been cast as Ultron. Thinking about it, he does seems like he'd work as Ultron.

Tom Kane voiced the character in the animated movie "Next Avengers" and the animated series Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes where he gave him this bombastic arrogence, yet still a machine-like calculating matter of fact-ness. It really worked. I feel like I can imagine Spader's voice working for this:
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 04 September 2013, 10:19 AM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So they are having ultron in A2.
                So does that mean eventually we will get Machine man, Jocasta, Vision, falcon etc?

Comment

This was the clip I meant to post about how Ultron's personality was depicted before. Now there were things about this episode that didn't make sense, but I think it's a good example how how an overall Ultron/Avengers brawl could go. They are going to change things about his origins and powers in the movies, as I understand, hopefully not too much.

Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 03 September 2013, 10:40 AM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/the-avengers-ag...iler-23870.htm
                    Cant post video as Im at work, but a teaser trailer for Age of Ultron...
                    I'm guessing it doesn't show much at all...

EDIT: Back from work, here it is.

Last edited by Teddybrown; 26 September 2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Gives me a "This video is private" message when i try to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Gives me a "This video is private" message when i try to play it.
                        Been removed

Comment

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/av...le-1201058682/
                          Avengers Age of Ultron casts villain role.

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/the-avengers-ag...ails-27154.htm
                            So, we get our first look at Ultron...

Comment

He looks a little skinnier than I expected.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Especially seeing the comics usually showed him being much larger.

Comment

Working...
                                X