The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
    what does it come out earlier in the UK or something?
    We still have another week.
    General release is today in the UK, but yesterday we had early previews.

sigpic

Comment

Here we had an early preview on Tuesday - but the general release was on 26.4.12.

Hope to be able to go next week - I am so looking forward to it
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The movie had its official world premiere today Friday but all countries I guess have different release dates. It’s always funny though when some film is release in other countries before it’s out in the U.S.

-------------

I recently came home after seeing this movie and it was so amazing. It was really well done and such a visual treat and the cast is amazing.

Spoiler:
        I really loved the fighting/battle scenes, especially the final fight scene, but also the one onboard the ship. The character interactions were really well done; I especially enjoyed the bickering between Iron Man and Captain America, but also the fighting scene between The Hulk and Thor, and I really liked Loki

Originally posted by Aussie_86 View Post
        Saw the Avengers yesterday and it was awesome! Much funnier than I expected.

There could easily be a Black Widow, Hawkeye & Nick Fury (all together) movie after this (as a pre-quel of sorts - set before this movie). If they thought about it seriously, they could make it 'The Dark Knight' of Marvel and add a hell of a lot of substance and 'grit' to it.

Spoiler:
        I think the Avengers movie would have been even better by doing said movie before 'The Avengers' actually came out. Either that or have less focus on Black Widow and Hawkeye.
        I agree with what you wrote, including what you wrote under spoilers, and I think it would have been a good idea to make a movie involving them

Spoiler:
        Especially since there was lot of stuff mentioned about their past that they could have elaborated on.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Saw the movie earlier today and it was fantastic. I did have two problems with it, one I'll not even bother to spoiler because I don't want to spoil anything and the other is a gapping continuity error (or something just not explained yet) with the start of the movie.
          What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
            Me and ma pals are having an avengers movie marathon, Iron mans 1 and 2, I. Hulk, Captain and Thor before the Avengers movies comes out, then its theater time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
            AMC Theaters are running a marathon of these movies leading up to the midnight showing of the Avengers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              What's that?
              Spoiler:
              How did Loki appear on Earth to control Selvig at the end of Thor if he wasn't on Earth until cube was activated in The Avengers.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                How did Loki appear on Earth to control Selvig at the end of Thor if he wasn't on Earth until cube was activated in The Avengers.
                Psychic/subspace/inter-dimensional communication, perhaps? As in Loki wasn't physically on Earth while he was talking to Selvig. Would that explain why only Selvig can see him and only in the reflection?
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  I'd always interpreted the post-credits scene from Thor as Loki being incorporeal or whatever, so that wasn't really an issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    I'd always interpreted the post-credits scene from Thor as Loki being incorporeal or whatever, so that wasn't really an issue for me.
                    Spoiler:
                    The problem with him being incorporeal is we saw him do the same trick earlier in movie talking to Thor, and physically trying to pull on the hammer while no one else could see him. That to me suggests he did have the ability to remain invisible to anyone he wanted, and as such was doing it to control Selvig

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      The problem with him being incorporeal is we saw him do the same trick earlier in movie talking to Thor, and physically trying to pull on the hammer while no one else could see him. That to me suggests he did have the ability to remain invisible to anyone he wanted, and as such was doing it to control Selvig
                      Spoiler:
                      That's fair, but there's enough difference between the two scenes - Loki just walking around with the clear implication that he's invisible, versus only appearing in the mirror. It's likely just a directorial trick to make sure people understand that only Selvig can see him at the end, but it was enough for me to instinctively interpret it differently at the time, and enough for me to fanwank an explanation for your issue looking back.

Comment

Today's the day, I'm so excited!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                          Today's the day, I'm so excited!
                          Doesn't start here until May 4th.
                          sigpic

Comment

I went to see it yesterday in 2D. To put things simply I loved it! Great movie and managed to live up to my very high expectations

Comment

Just back from the cinema (ok, we had something to eat afterward, so much action always makes me hungry ) and I realy loved it! Lots of action and great humour! We're already planning to watch it a second time.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am so excited for this movie. It's doing great on rottentomatoes--early reviews are comparing it to the first Iron Man, and saying that it sets the bar for Marvel movies!
                                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                                X