No announcement yet.

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that from the looks of it the Shield carrier is a normal aircraft carrier and not the floating one.

Also glad that from the looks of it the Avengers don't play nice with eachother.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      May be I am looking to closely at the trailer but it look to me that shield has losts is flying aircraft carrier and had it replace with a floating one, floating in new york armour.

So I am guesting the story is an alien invasion then.
      Possibility of it being an alien invasion is high since the only villain thus far seems to be Loki.
      sigpic

Comment

Every time I watch the trailer, I get more excited.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I like my Avengers in the silver-age style, I'm passing on this flick.
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

calling it now, movie of the year 2012..... but i think we knew that already even before the trailer
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

FINALLY! I got to see the trailer...it looks awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                calling it now, movie of the year 2012..... but i think we knew that already even before the trailer
                There is also The Dark Knight Rises. I don't think it can top The Dark Knight, but I'm still expecting a lot from it. There will be no shortage of awesome movies that's for sure (assuming they live up to the hype of course).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  There is also The Dark Knight Rises. I don't think it can top The Dark Knight, but I'm still expecting a lot from it. There will be no shortage of awesome movies that's for sure (assuming they live up to the hype of course).
                  Im Pro Marvel...... however DC do make good tv usually
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I had told myself that I wouldn't watch this movie because both Captain America and Hulk have disappointed me, but I'll just not focus on them because I do really like all of the other characters that show up

It took me a while to warm up to it but I'm excited for this movie
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Batman is DC only descent movie franchise at the moment. The rest can be describe as a messed.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Batman is DC only descent movie franchise at the moment. The rest can be describe as a messed.
                        Bit of an unfair comparison. Marvel have done something like 25 movies in the past 13 years (starting with Blade) and have a few more in production/planned. They are really out to get as many films produced as possible and some have been worse than others. Both Fantastic Fours, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Hulk, Elekra and only God knows what they were thinking with Punisher: War Zone.

DC have done about 6 movies (starting with Catwoman) in about 7 years with two in production (Batman and Superman) but they've really got a nice little market for themselves with the animated movies. It may not be a $100 million blockbuster, but for me there is nothing better than knowing the DCAU voice actors are returning for a project (based on specific characters, like Conroy as Batman or Daly/Newburn as Supes) or collectively (which they are doing for Justice League: Doom, awesome).

They really need something to tie each movie together, but they can't just do a Justice League movie because they'll be ripping off Marvel plus they are also a few years behind and stupidly decided to keep Lantern, Batman and Superman completely separate. They'll really need to turn some of their DCUA (not DCAU) Original Movies into movies, but they work so well animated.

sigpic

Comment

http://movies.uk.msn.com/future-movi...w-pics#image=1
                          New preview pics!

Comment

Remind me, but this movie essentially is a crossover between Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, yes? Why the Hulk? I don't see how he fits in with the other three, largely because he's just too ridiculously overpowered. I much prefer the 70's TV interpretation.

Most of these movies, I've only seen once or twice. To refresh my memory for the big crossover, which films do I need to see? There's Iron Man 1&2, Thor, Captain America, and...?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Remind me, but this movie essentially is a crossover between Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor, yes? Why the Hulk? I don't see how he fits in with the other three, largely because he's just too ridiculously overpowered. I much prefer the 70's TV interpretation.

Most of these movies, I've only seen once or twice. To refresh my memory for the big crossover, which films do I need to see? There's Iron Man 1&2, Thor, Captain America, and...?
                              The Hulk has always been part of the original roster of the team, if my memory serves. There's also Wasp, but she's not in this movie, it seems.

I don't think it's really necessary to see every film that features an Avenger, but Captain America would be a good start. They even labelled it The First Avenger. But still, the 'crossover', as the word suggests, is built on the presumption that people already have knowledge of the characters beforehand, esp. those who haven't got their own movies (yet) like Hawkeye, Black Widow et al who will have a more prominent role in this film.
                              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                                Captain America, Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor and Incredible Hulk (Ed Norton version), in that order.

That said, it's my opinion so others may differ. Probably easier to watch them in production order (IM, I.Hulk, IM2, Thor, Cap) but the movies do have a general timeline. Not a lot of dates so it's a bit of guess work with Thor and I.Hulk as events from both movies are referenced in Irom Man 2, however Thor takes place within a shorter amount of time (like 3 days with the Earth story) and I.Hulk takes place over a longer period of time (back story is several years, but the main story lasts weeks I believe, especially with the ending) so it's probably easier to just leave it last.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X