DC vs. Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
    I swear to you they should make more programmes like Smallville version of either DC comics or Marvel, with the graphics they can use nowadays it would be soo cool!
    i agree with you, that would be so cool
    sigpic

Comment

LOL I think there both the YIN and YANG of comics. If they were to both take out a match it be a draw.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
        I don't get what that part means...?

Also, the coolest thing Superman ever did was die.
        roflol*greens*
        I've always wondered how superman and batman got through doors with those shoulders.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
          roflol*greens*
          I've always wondered how superman and batman got through doors with those shoulders.
          It's all in the technique in how you hit the door. Oh you meant walk through them not bash them in.

I prefer DC myself.
          Last edited by jds1982; 17 February 2007, 12:54 PM.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
            Also, if you're at all a fan of Wolverine, you're definitely going to want to grab "Origin", which will knock your socks off.
            I haven't really collected X-Men comics since 1996. But I did pick up "Origin" in it's graphic novel form. Almost made me want to collect Wolverine again. But then I'd want to back track and collect what I don't have from #114 and on and I just don't have the money to do that.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'm a Marvel fan in general, Iron Man in specific (not that Iron Man is very popular these days during the farce that is Civil War). As for the Hulk being set to infinity, well, I know Iron Man (who is NOT set to infinity) has either fought him to a stand-still or bested him during their "encounters," so I'd have to think he's not, but then again, there are more factors involved than mere brute strength).

Comment

Marvel hands down, they have better everything. I mean super man is to damn powerful and not a fair superhero in my personal opinion. Batman is the only good thing about DC. However I am glad they used Green Arrow instead of Batman in Smallville because its differnt, although I wouldn't mind a cameo appernce from my boy Batman. Anyways Marvel is 100 times better then DC. Marvel has Spiderman, Ironman, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, X-Men and so many more. Also Marvel has so many better movies. However I would like to see Hulk and Thor Tagteam against Superman and Captain Marvel
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Marvel's characters tend to be relatable on some level. Superman's not a character, he's a tool; at least when Marvel creates a supremely powerful character, they usually also make them extremely flawed in some way as a counter to their power.

Comment

DC/Vertigo
                    sigpic

Comment

DC comics are just a mess to read. Characters have the most outlandish names, customes and powers not to mention the stories are ridiculous. It makes it impossible to follow them sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                        DC comics are just a mess to read. Characters have the most outlandish names, customes and powers not to mention the stories are ridiculous. It makes it impossible to follow them sometimes.
                        Especially whenever they do a Crisis story, and everyone's history changes...

Comment

DC comics are just a mess to read. Characters have the most outlandish names, customes and powers not to mention the stories are ridiculous
                          So... they're comic books, is what you're saying.

Comment

I love them both, but give Marvel the edge. Of course I'm only talking about the silver & bronze age eras. I don't read the modern stuff, it's too out of character for my taste.
                            sigpic
                            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Working...
                            X