No announcement yet.

Adrift (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess -- scientific research labratory.
    __

__

Comment

Maybe there was originally a man and a woman under the hatch, and whatever the sickness was going to kill everyone on earth, except for those two- who would ensure the survival of the human race.

But then something happened to the woman. And the sickness didn't spread as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        Maybe there was originally a man and a woman under the hatch, and whatever the sickness was going to kill everyone on earth, except for those two- who would ensure the survival of the human race.

But then something happened to the woman. And the sickness didn't spread as planned.
        Well, we still haven't found an explanation for the skeletons discovered at the cave last year.

Question is, was the virus manufactured? 'Cause I'm thinking it probably was. Biowarfare is a hot topic these days. But why is it only on the island? And how would it have spread?

Comment

It's interesting that you point it out Shadow. Perhaps if it is contained, it can be cured, but then, why would the skeletons, or then, the people stay there? It's certainly a good point, and a question that will certainly become a bigger part of season two, I believe.
          __

__

Comment

Both my bf and I found this to be a pretty frustrating episode. We wanted to know what happened to after Jack said "you." Instead, we got a rehashing of the week before, only from Kate & Locke's perspective. Whatever.

I also hated that Jin was pretty much forgotten until the end. Yes, Sawyer called for him for about a minute, but that was it. No feeling. No sadness. He may as well not have existed. I understand that Michael was upset about Walt, but still, Jin was a friend, too.

Oh well. We're giving it one more episode, then we may have to move on. Hopefully, something will actually happen this week.
            Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Although I agree that it was just a few of the same scenes, just from a different view, but it just so happens that at the time, that's where Locke and Kate were -- in the hatch. There's not much that could be explored while one is held hostage, and the other in the vents.

Lost is different from most shows. It focuses on one character per episode, most the time. So we're not always going to get a mention of what's going on with other characters -- take Jin, for example. A Michael episode, we're not going to see where Jin is. Jin wasn't in the wreckage of the raft, he wasn't in the nearby area, so simply, there's not much they can actually do for him, just hope that he's okay.
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                Although I agree that it was just a few of the same scenes, just from a different view, but it just so happens that at the time, that's where Locke and Kate were -- in the hatch. There's not much that could be explored while one is held hostage, and the other in the vents.
                Locke and Kate were in the hatch in the first episode, too. They could have just as easily progressed Jack's encounter with the gun-toting-threatening-Locke Desmond, and had them "find" Kate (which is probably what will happen on Wednesday, anyway). Instead, they drag out the story to make sure its "suspensful." Well, too much "suspense" will drive me away from the show.

Originally posted by Anubis
                Lost is different from most shows. It focuses on one character per episode, most the time. So we're not always going to get a mention of what's going on with other characters -- take Jin, for example. A Michael episode, we're not going to see where Jin is. Jin wasn't in the wreckage of the raft, he wasn't in the nearby area, so simply, there's not much they can actually do for him, just hope that he's okay.
                Yeah, well they could have had Michael & Sawyer saying something like:
                "geez, I sure hope Jin is okay" or
                "Do you think the sharks got him?" or
                "This is horrible, how are we going to break the news to Sun, if and when we ever see her again?."
                Now, I'm not a script writer, but ANYTHING would have been nice!! There is no need to sacrifice compassion in order to develop a character. That was poor taste, IMO.

Just because they focus on one character at a time, does not mean they have to forget the others exist. Especially one so clearly related to that particular aspect of the show (being on the raft with them).

JMHO
                Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by sgatelvr
                  Yeah, well they could have had Michael & Sawyer saying something like:
                  "geez, I sure hope Jin is okay" or
                  "Do you think the sharks got him?" or
                  "This is horrible, how are we going to break the news to Sun, if and when we ever see her again?."
                  Now, I'm not a script writer, but ANYTHING would have been nice!! There is no need to sacrifice compassion in order to develop a character. That was poor taste, IMO.

Maybe, maybe not. And even if they did say that, it wouldn't have made that much difference anyway, it still would have been brief. Instead, when they see him back on land, they'd have been like "Hey man, you're actually alive," and then help him break out of the 'restraints.'
                  __

__

Comment

I actually liked it how it told the same events from a different point of view. We learnt alot more about Desmond and the hatch, which was what we watned to know anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      And what did one snowman say to the other? Nice to snow you. Or maybe ice to meet you?
                      Apparently the correct response would be
                      Spoiler:
                      It smells like carrots to me

... think about it....
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

This is easily the worst episode of lost. The execution of it was a huge problem, but the dialogue also stood out as much poorer than expected, especially with Sawyer and Michael on the raft.

The backstory was good, though - was overall well paced, acted, and thought out (the subtext that came through at the end was excellent -Michael wasn't just giving Walt away because he thought Susan could give him a better life, but he was giving Walt away because part of him still loved Susan).

Lost has definitely hit the second season curse - only Everyone Hates Hugo and the Sun/lost wedding ring story have been on par with last season episodes.

But, since season 1 was such genious, I'd bet that season 2 will get back on track, hopefully no later than half-way through it (considering they've probably shot at least half of it already and will definitely be able to tell the decrease in quality the show has gone through).

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
                          This is easily the worst episode of lost. The execution of it was a huge problem, but the dialogue also stood out as much poorer than expected, especially with Sawyer and Michael on the raft.

The backstory was good, though - was overall well paced, acted, and thought out (the subtext that came through at the end was excellent -Michael wasn't just giving Walt away because he thought Susan could give him a better life, but he was giving Walt away because part of him still loved Susan).

Lost has definitely hit the second season curse - only Everyone Hates Hugo and the Sun/lost wedding ring story have been on par with last season episodes.

But, since season 1 was such genious, I'd bet that season 2 will get back on track, hopefully no later than half-way through it (considering they've probably shot at least half of it already and will definitely be able to tell the decrease in quality the show has gone through).
                          Acually, I disagree. I feel that ...And Found is the worst episode thus far, due to the (seemingly) irrelivent backstory and lackluster island story. I think that the first 4 episodes have been brilliant, exeding the majority of season 1, though Adrift is probably the worst of "best", so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                            Acually, I disagree. I feel that ...And Found is the worst episode thus far, due to the (seemingly) irrelivent backstory and lackluster island story. I think that the first 4 episodes have been brilliant, exeding the majority of season 1, though Adrift is probably the worst of "best", so to speak.
                            why i agree that most of ...And Found was not that good, the Sun/wedding ring story was just brilliantly written and made great TV, which is why i say Adrift is a little worse, because every island story wasn't that good in that episode. i even rewatched the first three episodes of season 2, and i still stand by my opinion that these are the worst three episodes of lost, due to poor execution (some directing, some writing, etc.; although i bet it probably looked really good on paper) but they're not horrible television, just not up to par with anything from season 1, IMO. i mean, i know this is a stargate website, but i can't lie - lost is far better television than stargate, and when i thought that some of the stargates were better than an episode of lost (aka adrift), i knew lost had hit a new low.

but, oh well - to each his/her own. it's not like i could stop watching, because it's so friggin addicting.

Comment

Wheres Desmond???????????
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

I liked thisep simply because it was nice to see Sawyer and Micheal again (although I was annoyed that they wernt thatworried about Jin)the only thing I dont get is how was it that Sawyer who was shot able to swim around whilst Jin who divwed after him just vainshed into thin air.
                                It was good to see inside the hatch from Lockes perspective since we got to learn more about Desmond and why he was in the hatch.
                                But the best bit hhas to be that awsome cliffhanger with Jin running towards Sawyer and Micheal pointing at some shifty looking peeps who he calls the others. And we get a great ep preview with these 'others' people beating up Jin Sawyer and Micheal throwing them in a cage with a girl who was on Flight 815 aswell as all the stuff with Desmond yelling we are all going to die and running away. Whoa what a great ending.
                                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                                X