No announcement yet.

Man of Science, Man of Faith (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a pic of the meds Desmond was injecting into himself. Take note of the numbers....

http://www.jenniferwheeler.com/images/Lost/vial.jpg

Also, what would the shelf life of liquid injection meds? Surely not decades?
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Here's a pic of the meds Desmond was injecting into himself. Take note of the numbers....

http://www.jenniferwheeler.com/images/Lost/vial.jpg

Also, what would the shelf life of liquid injection meds? Surely not decades?
      TH - do you have a cap of the mural on the wall that Jack saw? My husband thinks the woman in the mural is the crazy French chick.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

So could the magnetic field possibly produced by a nuclear reactor have caused the plan crash?

Also, with regards to the number 108 in the sun on the mural, the sun is 108 times bigger than the Earth.
        Last edited by Scoobing; 23 September 2005, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          TH - do you have a cap of the mural on the wall that Jack saw? My husband thinks the woman in the mural is the crazy French chick.
          Here's a screencaps place for the ep.

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.ph...permine&cat=40

Click on the second set on the bottom row for a series of hatch pics. Click on the individual pics to enlarge.

Enjoy.
          Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            Here's a screencaps place for the ep.

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.ph...permine&cat=40

Click on the second set on the bottom row for a series of hatch pics. Click on the individual pics to enlarge.

Enjoy.
            OMG. . just gives me a headache. .and more questions! *LOL*

So the mural has the word "sick". .some words I can't really make out, hash marks like someone keeping track of days, stick figures, the sun w/108 inside (as mentioned above).

The kitchen pics - looks like several plates with food, unless Desmond doesn't clean up after himself. Puzzling though - the washer/dryer in the background look like new models (like the one I just bought, btw).

Desmond has a lava lamp too.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Great episode. The whole first segment i was thinking we were looking at a flashback and then... brilliant.

Regarding the 60's computers, Desmond types only numbers and spaces - no letters - into the keyboard before pressing execute. The numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                Great episode. The whole first segment i was thinking we were looking at a flashback and then... brilliant.

Regarding the 60's computers, Desmond types only numbers and spaces - no letters - into the keyboard before pressing execute. The numbers?
                I'm thinking you must be right about it being a sixties computer keyboard, as i can't think of a single 70 keyboard that uses the command "execute."

Something from NASA, perhaps? Or, with a command like "execute," the cold war military?

Actually there's a screencap at Lost-media.com that shows Desmond typing and his fingers look to be in the alphabet part of the keyboard, which... may or may not mean anything. <shrugs>

About the wall drawings; the houses and stick people look like the artwork of a very young child, wouldn't you say?

Lots of contradictory stuff in that place: modern washing machine and ancient LP player, fresh meds and ancient injection system, old computers and modern weapons. Wierd.

Looks like Desmond's day is the island's night. Makes me wonder what he gets up to while the Lostaways are trying to sleep....
                Gracie

Comment

Looking at the furnishings of the "apartment" in the bunker, it looks like a 60s-70s style, especially having a turntable/vinyl record player instead of a tape player. However, the picture of that terminal computer definately looks like late 70s to mid 80s technology. In fact, I'd lean towards mid-to-late 80's. In which case, maybe that was put in place 16 years ago.

Comment

Desmond seemed to be typing in the numbers. I had a good look a few times and he is using the number row above all the letters with the space bar.

The question is, how many times are these numbers significant? I mean I know there will be some reason for them being on the side of the hatch, and what he was typing. But as for the numbers being on the vials of fluid that he injected, I think that one is a red herring.

Comment

What about Desmond's bunk bed, he was on the top bunk. If I were alone I would sleep on the bottem bunk, and I wouldn't have a bunk bed at all.
                      sigpic

Comment

The number of keys (numbers and spaces) Desmond types corresponds to the 4 8 15 16 23 42 sequence.

Comment

Couple of things struck me about this episode (of which I think most have been mentioned!).

1) Desmond's 'See you in another life' comment - leading me to believe that where they are now is not 'real life', but something else.

2) The word Quarantine was on the inside of the hatch - suggesting that the islands is/was under quarantine (and perhaps that there are other entrances/exits that lead to other areas of the island or perhaps other places entirely?

3) The fact that Sarah could move her toes even though Jack was certain she would be paralysed from the waist down forever more - this suggested to me that maybe they were already in some sort of alternate reality before they even arrived on the island (or at least the weird stuff had started happening to them before then).

As ever though, I guess all my ideas will be totally blown out of the water by the rest of the season, but that's one of the things I love about this show!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                            Also, with regards to the number 108 in the sun on the mural, the sun is 108 times bigger than the Earth.
                            Uh, no, it isn't, at least by volume. However, the diameter is close to 108 earths.
                            aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Yes. Check it out here:

http://www.losthatch.com/images/scre...d_Keyboard.gif

Comment

I know this was mentioned before, but I don't think anyone really discussed it.

In the opening scenes, Desmond's bunker appeared to have windows, although partially covered with blinds, with daylight coming though them. I think it's safe to presume that the hatch is blown open in the same scenes when he suddenly dims the lights in the bunker, gets some weapons, and fine tunes his mirrors to see who's at his door. The only thing is the hatch is blown open at night on the island.

Anyone think this is a continuity eror? I doubt the writers would make such a blunder. Or, are we made to ponder if that really is sun light coming through those "windows"?

Comment

Working...
                                X