D. O. C. (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
    So is eye patch guy back from the dead or did he just fake his own death that day with the "electrified fence" cuz he knew it was the only way to get out of that situation? Think about it...All we know for sure is that it keeps the black smoke out. We never see anyone else go through while it was activated...
    I think the "electrified fence" was actally intended to be a "sonic barrier" causing cerebral damage or disruption to anyone passing through it. In the case of Mikhail (the eye patch dude) the effect of the barrier was probably temporary, never causing death just temporarily incapacitating him and lowering his vital signs to mimic death.

Comment

I don't think the fence is designed to kill at all. I think it just incapacitates the victim. For some reason the fence killing people doesn't meet the "Others's" MO.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

ok, i remembered about Sun wrong

so it is really jin's kid

cool
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I dont see why they would inseminate Kate. It seems more likely they new bringing Kate, Sawyer, and Jack to one place and putting them in stressful situations would lead to Kate sleeping with ONE of them at any rate. If it hadn't been Sawyer, they might have stuck her with Jack in a cage for a few days.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
            I don't think so at all.

Mikhail's alive. Awesome. But I'm so confused now as to what this all means.
            Yeah, I was confused by that, too. At least we get to see Locke again next week.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
              Yeah, I was confused by that, too. At least we get to see Locke again next week.
              Well, we know the Island has healing abilities i.e. Locke. Mikhail cryptically noted that injuries are different on the island.

If thats true, shouldn't Shannon and Boone have recovered quickly? I mean I would consider a bullet wound less severe than a brain hemorrhage for crying out loud.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The island seems to selectively use its healing powers. This was addressed previously, Ben wants to know why the island healed Locke, but his own recovery is slow.

Comment

Maybe it's how they die that is the determining factor... like who or what killed them... or maybe it's something to do with who they are...

Meh... I'm more confused now then ever Especially following that final scene...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
                    The island seems to selectively use its healing powers. This was addressed previously, Ben wants to know why the island healed Locke, but his own recovery is slow.
                    Ben was born on the island - I always took it that his body therefore had a tolerance to it. Sort of like Superman's race and our sun is how island outsiders come to the island and get super healing like Superman does on Earth with super-powers. Kind of.

Comment

Originally posted by Groove View Post
                      Ben was born on the island - I always took it that his body therefore had a tolerance to it. Sort of like Superman's race and our sun is how island outsiders come to the island and get super healing like Superman does on Earth with super-powers. Kind of.
                      Right Ben was born on the island (or so he says), so that means it's only been recently that people can't have babies on the island, or that he wasn't conceived on the island, I wonder which. If it is that people can't have babies recently I wonder what caused it.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                        So is eye patch guy back from the dead or did he just fake his own death that day with the "electrified fence" cuz he knew it was the only way to get out of that situation?
                        well he did have foam coming outa his mouth - as far as I know (which is little as I'm not a doc -) that ain't a good sign. not a good sign at all...
                        but perhaps if there's a doctor amongst us, he could clarify (and/or rectify)

Comment

He also had blood shooting from his ears. My coworkers still insist he wasn't dead. I suppose he may have just been all but braindead. "Dead" is kind of subjective for a little while afterwards.

Comment

I think you can be dead for up to 10 min and be rescusitated without brain damage.

In extremely cold climates, you can be resuscitated hours after you've stopped breathing due to the cold weather slowing the rate of brain damage.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Charlie also took quite a lot of CPR to jump back to life after his hanging incident in Season 1.

Indeed, the island has been selective in the healing. I'm not sure how long Charlie kept the scar on his forehead but i'm pretty sure it's gone. Sayid got back to full power quick after been shot by Mikhail whereas Sawyer took several days and it was a real battle to keep him alive. Could it be that the Island doesn't like Sawyer ?

It's likely that the reason behind the Island's selection (and at least part of its nature) will be revealed in upcoming episodes.

Comment

Is nobody wondering what that girl with the punctured lung and a picture of Desmond and his girlfriend, the one that fell out of a helicopter actually say in Italian? It was translated by the x Red Army soldier as "Thank you for helping me" but i'm pretty sure i didn't hear any "Gratie" in what she said.

Comment

Working...
                                X