No announcement yet.

Not In Portland (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other important thing we learn is that Juliette (and maybe other "Others" people) were litterally recruted to come to the island. They were chosen for their skills, and not told the whole truth about their new work place. And the recrutor was ready to kill to get the people they wanted. Juliette only want to leave the island, which is like a prison to her.

Comment

Sun did NOT hook up with the other asian dude. he was shamed for adulterating her and that she would not be with him, which is why he killed himself.

Okay well sure we didn't actually see them going at it like monkeys, but they were kissing while undressed in bed after the sun had risen. I think we can certainly assume there's a rather strong possibility that Jae is the father.

Also I don't understand how people can dismiss Jae as a potential explanation for the pregnancy, given the image above, but then assume Juliette had something to do with it. When did Juliette have time to perform medical treatment on Sun?
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
        Sun did NOT hook up with the other asian dude. he was shamed for adulterating her and that she would not be with him, which is why he killed himself.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums...ina-cap109.jpg

Okay well sure we didn't actually see them going at it like monkeys, but they were kissing while undressed in bed after the sun had risen. I think we can certainly assume there's a rather strong possibility that Jae is the father.

Also I don't understand how people can dismiss Jae as a potential explanation for the pregnancy, given the image above, but then assume Juliette had something to do with it. When did Juliette have time to perform medical treatment on Sun?
        The not!hook-up claim was wrong, granted.

But when Sun told Jin about her pregancy, they'd been on the island for about 60 days. Add to that that Jae didn't die the day the plane crashed, i.e. Sun had intercourse with him at least several days, maybe weeks before that. But a female should know after maybe 3 or 4 weeks maximum that there's something going on with her body when she doesn't get her period.

We could attribute stress etc. to natural causes, or Sun waiting to tell Jin (i.e. she's been knowing about the pregancy for a while), or the time distortion theories about the island, but that Jae is the father is IMO a little too out-there.

But then we're talking about LOST here... we'll talk about that after the next Sun/Jin episode...
        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

How do we know it was day 60 that she did that? I'm always a little fuzzy on the timeframe, but didn't Ben state they'd been on the island for 69 days as of episode 2 or 3 this season? Sun found out she was pregnant in episode 16 of season 2, which was about 18 episodes prior to the 69 day marker.

Comment

^I use www.lostpedia.com as my reference guide for time. Yes, it's a fan site, but the timeline sounds very reasonable to me.

Ep / Ep number / Days / Ep name
            001/I 101 1-2 (September 22, 2004) Pilot, Part 1
            002/I 102 2-3 Pilot, Part 2
            003/I 103 3-5 Tabula Rasa
            004/I 104 6 Walkabout
            005/I 105 7 White Rabbit
            006/I 106 8 House Of The Rising Sun
            007/I 107 9 The Moth
            008/I 108 10 Confidence Man
            009/I 109 12-13 Solitary
            010/I 110 15-16 Raised By Another
            011/I 111 16 All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues
            012/I 112 21-22 Whatever The Case May Be
            013/I 113 24 Hearts And Minds
            014/I 114 26-27 Special
            015/I 115 27-29 Homecoming
            016/I 116 29-31 Outlaws
            017/I 117 32-34 ... in Translation
            018/I 118 35-36 Numbers
            019/I 119 39-41 Deus Ex Machina
            020/I 120 41-42 Do No Harm
            021/I 121 42 The Great Good
            022/I 122 43 Born To Run
            023/I 123 44 Exodus, Part 1
            024/I 124 44 Exodus, Part 2
            025/I 125 44 Exodus, Part 3
            026/II 201 44 Man Of Science, Man Of Faith
            027/II 202 44-45 Adrift
            028/II 203 44-45 Orientation
            029/II 204 46 Everybody hates Hugo
            030/II 205 47 ... And Found
            031/II 206 48 Abandoned
            032/II 207 1-48 The Other 48 Days
            033/II 208 48 Collision
            034/II 209 49 What Kate did
            035/II 210 50 The 23rd Psalm
            036/II 211 51 The Hunting Party
            037/II 212 52-54 Fire + Water
            038/II 213 55 The Long Con
            039/II 214 56 One Of Them
            040/II 215 57 Mutterschutz
            041/II 216 58-59 The Whole Truth (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Whole_Truth)
            042/II 217 59 Lockdown
            043/II 218 60 Dave
            044/II 219 61-62 S.O.S.
            045/II 220 62-63 Two For The Road
            046/II 221 63-64 ?
            047/II 222 51-64 Three Minutes
            048/II 223 65 Live Together, Die Alone, Part 1
            049/II 224 65 Live Together, Die Alone, Part 2
            050/III 301 66-67 A Tale Of Two Cities
            051/III 302 68-69 (November 29, 2004) The Glass Ballerina
            052/III 303 68 Further Instructions
            053/III 304 70-71 Every Man For Himself
            054/III 305 71-72 The Cost Of Living
            055/III 306 72-73 I Do
            056/III 307 73 Not In Portland
            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Well, I'm not a pregnancy expert, but a quick google implied that it's not unreasonable that a woman not realize she is pregnant for 8 weeks. Couple that with the reduced nutrition she had on the island for awhile which may have slowed the growth of the child, or that may have masked the early signs, and it's not unreasonable.

But you mentioned the critical fact, that we don't know exactly when the affair with Jae happened. If it was months before the plane then obviously he's not a candidate, if it was a week or two, then perhaps. Remember we also don't know for sure how long she suspected it before taking the test.

Comment

I absoloutely loved this episode a fantastic return from a loooooooong break. We got our first 'Other' flashback with Juliet. Is she good? is she bad? Its so hard to tell and we need to know more !!! There is also the more than welcome return of the brilliant and now slightly chubby Ethan Rom in flashback form of course. We got to see more of the lovely Sheena sorr Alex and of course my favourite part of the episode the room 23/clockwork orange section with Karl Strapped to a chair in the room with the funky Drum and Bass music and all the crazy images. Ive got lots of theories on that (which ill post in another thread). Ben woke up in the middle of his operation and we had that whisperd scene between him and Juliet. If anyone can lipread what was said I will love you forever. on top of all of this there is the excitement of Kate and Sawyers escape from Hydra Island ending in the death of Danny Pickett (who saw that coming I thought Sawyer would have killed him). And Juliet letting Kate Sawyer and Karl go but not Alex ??????? This just leaves me craving for more and I welcome the return of the filling of the sunday night void left by Torchwood
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

[quote=ZatNKitel;6309992]For anyone who's seen the SG-1 S10 episode "Bounty"

Spoiler:
                  A bus comes to run over Juliet's ex-husband on LOST, then a bus comes and runs over Daniel's would-be-assassin on SG-1 all in the same week... coincidence? I think not.

quote]

And anyone who watched Nip/Tuck on Monday night (UK)

Spoiler:
                  would have seen the same bus related deaths although that one looked a lot more gory Three times the charm .

Be careful out there, follow the green cross code.
                  Clark'sGirl

Comment

I was watching the episode again last nite and I had a brainwave. What if Rousseau is not who she claims to be but instead was brainwashed in Room 23 to give her those memories ???
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

It's kinda lame how obvious it's become now about what the Island(s) is(are) for! The whole concept of new world cults conducting experiments with the goal of either; A. surviving global disaster, or B. mass genocide of the human race, is a tired one that's been featured in countless movies & literature (and prob some TV, although none comes to mind.) There's simply nothing else it could be, unless.. whoever is behind it all is also being watched by someone else for some other purpose.

Oh and, Sun's baby is not the other guys. it's either; A. The islands healing thing has made Jin fertile, but have they had sex while they've been there?, or B. Sun has somehow been made pregnant via processes we now know The Others are capable of.

One annoying thing is that they tried to steal Clair's baby. Why would they want her baby if they can either have kids amongst themselves, or induce pregnancy in people unable to conceive? Perhaps they're trying to broaden their genetic base for a future civilisation?
                      Last edited by lunarleviathan; 14 February 2007, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Well, if you remember one of the episodes in season 2, i think it was "The Whole Truth", i could be wrong, well, someone had attacked Sun... That could be when Juliette could have injected it into her... I'll have to re-watch the episode to see if the facts lead up to that properly.

Also, about Danielle and Alex, since Ben is apparently Alex's father, Maybe Ben was Danielle's husband, and she had thought she shot Ben, and thought that all the others were dead... We saw they used brain washing techniques, think about it, they could have made her believe she did all that, and then sent her alone in the woods....

About them trying to steal Claire's baby, as lunarleviathan had said, maybe they knew that with all that's gone on on the island, there was no way her child could be born, so, they felt sorry for her, and tried to make her have a baby via Juliette's methods.... just a thought...

And, when i saw Carl, i thought he looked just a wee bit like Martouf from stargate... anyone else think that?

Comment

Well, if you remember one of the episodes in season 2, i think it was "The Whole Truth", i could be wrong, well, someone had attacked Sun... That could be when Juliette could have injected it into her... I'll have to re-watch the episode to see if the facts lead up to that properly.

It was The Long Con. That was 2 episodes before Sun knew she was pregnant. Moreover, she was never 'taken', she was dragged maybe 20 yards. And moreover it was CHARLIE who took her, not the others.

Also, about Danielle and Alex, since Ben is apparently Alex's father, Maybe Ben was Danielle's husband, and she had thought she shot Ben, and thought that all the others were dead... We saw they used brain washing techniques, think about it, they could have made her believe she did all that, and then sent her alone in the woods....

Just because Alex believes Ben is her father doesn't mean he is. My assumption was that Ben has 'raised' Alex as his own, or atleast has taken a fatherly interest in Alex. I don't think we have any reason to think Danielle's whole story is some elaborate mind control technique.

Comment

It was originally said that Sun was the one unable to conceive. It was later revealed in the same episode that it was infact Jin. The doctor was scared of what Jin might do. In the same episode we had reason to believe Sun had been faithful and attributed it to an 'island miracle'.

We learned earlier this season that Sun was infact not faithful to Jin, so it could be either.

No. Sun was in the process of being unfaithful to Jin, but backed out at the last minute. Her father then interrupted them and she left with him. Sun was apparently telling Jin the truth when she said she had never been unfaithful. She just chose not to share how close she had came.

The most likely scenario is that Jin has been healed by being on the island and is now able to father children.

Comment

No. Sun was in the process of being unfaithful to Jin, but backed out at the last minute. Her father then interrupted them and she left with him. Sun was apparently telling Jin the truth when she said she had never been unfaithful. She just chose not to share how close she had came.

How are you assuming they hadn't slept together?

Comment

Okay in fairness and to not be dismissive of your theory I went back to watch the scene again. You're right in that when Jae starts kissing her she says she can't. But up until that second she looks really guilty. It also appears to be morning, like they'd spent the night together.

Comment

Working...
                                X