No announcement yet.

Every Man For Himself (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the season opener didn't they show a camera flyover which showed the Others' camp on the same island?
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

They showed the Others' home, their houses and so forth, to be on the Island, yes. However that's not to say that they can't work or whatever they do on the Hydra Island.
      Spoiler:
      Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

OK folks...am I the only one to think there's a MAJOR disconnect here with that 2nd island suddenly showing up outa nowhere ? Sure it adds an interesting twist to the storyline but seriously...a whole ****in' island only a few miles off the Lost one & not a single survivor noticed it during their entire 2 months stay ?

oh well

here's a few explanations I could come with, from the reasonable to the far-fetched along with the absurd

- the "Hydra island" was on the other side of where the survivors lived & none of them journeyed that far off the beach
        (but that's still doesn't explain why Sayid Jin & Sun missed it when they circled the island on Desmond's boat )

- the survivors were too busy getting lost to notice anything

- the Hydra island is concealed by some type of cloaking device

- it's a ploy to convince the prisoners that escape is futile : the island Sawyer saw was an "illusion" of some sort - in fact he, Kate & Jack never left their island

Comment

But isn't that why the Others went out to get the sailboat? Because they didn't want Sayid to sail around the island and discover the second island? Isn't that what they were talking about when Ben sent the woman out on her mission?
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

maybe...
            on the other hand Russo (the french lass) has been on the island for what - 16 years ? and apparently she's traveled all over the place - yet even she never found out about the 2nd island...??

btw from the Hydra island to the Lost one didn't seem like a long swim (unless the waters in between were shark-infested or something -)

Comment

Desmond sailed around the island completely trying to get out I'm betting theres some kind of force field

Comment

yes, and although some complain about how slow the show progresses...die hard fans such as us will come back week after week, and console each other with Lost threads until the episodes return.

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
                  yes, and although some complain about how slow the show progresses...die hard fans such as us will come back week after week, and console each other with Lost threads until the episodes return.
                  So say we all

wait...wrong forum

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    So say we all

wait...wrong forum

teehee. I thought the same thing. i also love BSG. just dont visit that forum...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                      maybe...
                      on the other hand Russo (the french lass) has been on the island for what - 16 years ? and apparently she's traveled all over the place - yet even she never found out about the 2nd island...??
                      Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                      Desmond sailed around the island completely trying to get out I'm betting theres some kind of force field
                      Well, Russeau isn't exactly the most talkative character on the island. Look at how she led us to believe that the Black rock was just some geographical feature, and then, what a surprise to discover that it was a galleon.

As for Desmond sailing all the way around the island, I don't think that he actually did. Desmond is an experienced sailor and yet he couldn't get away from the island. It seems quite reasonable to me that if he was using his nav charts he would have thought he was going round the island, whereas he wasn't really. If people on the land see weird stuff, why not on the water, as well? Desmond may have been turning hard to port ( the nautical term for making an illegal U-turn or something ) all the while believing that he was sailing in a (more or less, because, you know, no white lines in the water) straight line

Unlike Desmond's first attempt at escape from the island, Sayid's group were sailing after the hatch with the hugmongous electro-magnetic thingie imploded. Maybe nav systems are no longer affected, letting sailors go where they please and finding the second island.

Also, the Others knew that Sayid's group were looking to shore to find Jack and company. They'd be hugging the coastline, unlike Desmond who would likely be sailing away from the main island, not around it.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess View Post
                        Well, Russeau isn't exactly the most talkative character on the island. Look at how she led us to believe that the Black rock was just some geographical feature, and then, what a surprise to discover that it was a galleon.

As for Desmond sailing all the way around the island, I don't think that he actually did. Desmond is an experienced sailor and yet he couldn't get away from the island. It seems quite reasonable to me that if he was using his nav charts he would have thought he was going round the island, whereas he wasn't really. If people on the land see weird stuff, why not on the water, as well? Desmond may have been turning hard to port ( the nautical term for making an illegal U-turn or something ) all the while believing that he was sailing in a (more or less, because, you know, no white lines in the water) straight line

Unlike Desmond's first attempt at escape from the island, Sayid's group were sailing after the hatch with the hugmongous electro-magnetic thingie imploded. Maybe nav systems are no longer affected, letting sailors go where they please and finding the second island.

Also, the Others knew that Sayid's group were looking to shore to find Jack and company. They'd be hugging the coastline, unlike Desmond who would likely be sailing away from the main island, not around it.
                        Rousseau would surely have mentionned something of such magnitude as a 2nd island, at least whenever she spoke of the Others. Equally logical to assume Desmond would have circled the island in his attempt to find a way out - like an animal circling its cage :|
                        Not to mention Sayid who had an even greater chance of spotting the island if as you suggest the hatch was somehow generating a field that prevented anyone within from seeing out (since Sayid was also at sea after the hatch imploded)
                        Last edited by SoulReaver; 03 November 2006, 01:11 PM.

Comment

That's the thing, Sayid may not have searched that far.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

It might even just be that from sea the second island looks to be part of the first.

Comment

I still thought Sawyer should have pushed Ben off, right around when he started going off on that good crap again.

Message to Ben: YOU, ARE, A, HYPOCRITE!!!!
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X