No announcement yet.

Further Instructions (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Locke's best episodes and possibly one of THE best episodes! I loved that Locke returned to his mysticism. After his descent into cynicism and despair, we're seeing him at his best once again. Has anyone else noticed that whenever Locke has a vision of the personification of the Island, it's of someone who he's wronged in some way? His actions resulted in the death of Boone and his decision to stop pushing the button led to the implosion of the Hatch and Eko's injuries and subsequent Polar bear abduction. Perhaps this is the Island's way of humbling him (I'm a believer by the way). I also have a theory that the Hatch's implosion changed or took away something from each one of the men caught in the implosion. Charlie lost his hearing temporarily, while Locke lost his ability to speak temporarily, and Desmond comes away with the ability to foresee the future. Regarding this clairvoyance, it's possible the Island has given Desmond a vision, much like it gives Locke and Eko. It's possible that Desmond will become a 3rd pillar of faith in the Lost universe. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, Eko takes away from the experience. Other stuff worth mentioning is the dream sequence, which was superb, and Hurley being Hurley, which I've missed.

All in all, 4 stars from me! ****
    Spoiler:
    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I liked the scenes insode the Polar Bear cave. I wish I had Tivo'd the show to get a better look at the various items strewn about.

I saw bones, lots of bones.
      A paper/wrapper with the Dharma logo
      A Yellow "Tonka" dump truck (I used to have one of those)

What else?

Comment

The thing with the DHARMA logo on it was in fact a shirt with the Pearl version of the logo. It was also on a child's skeleton (if I'm not mistaken).

If you want to go back and get a closer look, I recommend going onto abc.com's lost site. They air episodes for free (!) and with limited ads in between (30 seconds really).
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
          I do wish that Hurley would speak up. Doesn't he have a habit of not telling people about the weirdo stuff right away?
          I think hes afraid people will think he is crazy since he was at a mental hospital.
          and what was with eddy going to "Eureka" I dont knnow what the intention of that was

I also think that Desmond, lock, charlie, and ecko were effected by the implosion. charlie lost his hearing, lock his voice, ecko somehow knew about johns cop hunter/pot farmer situation, and desmond somehow saw te future or somthing. I wonder....charlie=hear no evil, lock=speak no evil, but i dont know about see no evil, maybe desmond seeing the future?
          Last edited by Ragnarok13; 20 October 2006, 07:30 AM.
          anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13 View Post
            I also think that Desmond, lock, charlie, and ecko were effected by the implosion. charlie lost his hearing, lock his voice, ecko somehow knew about johns cop hunter/pot farmer situation, and desmond somehow saw te future or somthing. I wonder....charlie=hear no evil, lock=speak no evil, but i dont know about see no evil, maybe desmond seeing the future?
            I think your dead on with that theory. Still, it's driving me crazy wondering who pulled them all out and how Desmond lost his clothes.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I don't know if eko actually does no about lockes past, the way that it seemed to me was that eko was still unconscious and that it was another hallucination. It makes sense as when charlie reappeared eko was once again unconscious

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok13 View Post
                I think hes afraid people will think he is crazy since he was at a mental hospital.
                and what was with eddy going to "Eureka" I dont knnow what the intention of that was
                Eureka is a town in California. It's been established that Locke has spent most of his later adult life there.

It was not a reference to the show EUReKA.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch
                  It was not a reference to the show EUReKA.
                  Or was it?
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

ecko somehow knew about johns cop hunter/pot farmer situation

I also had the impression that Locke was imagining Eko speaking.
                    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

On another note, at least Boone was in this episode. It was nice to see him. I'm mad they killed him off.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

theres only one logic explnason why Desmond new what locke was going to say............................................................................. ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ..........................................................................time travel

Comment

Indeed that's been a theory I've heard that's plausible. However, the producers have discredited theories that people will return from the dead and the like. I think they want to stay away from straight science fiction. Plus that guy on Heroes can travel through time, so Desmond would have some stiff competition for prime time time traveler of the year.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            Or was it?
                            It wasn't. Eureka, California and the general area around it is a big place for weed farms and the like. It made sense.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                              It wasn't. Eureka, California and the general area around it is a big place for weed farms and the like. It made sense.
                              that would make more sense, thanks
                              anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

I have a whole backyard full of weed. I live in Ohio. got broad leaf, dandelion, crab...he he he you name it. just not the obvious weed.

Comment

Working...
                                X