No announcement yet.

The End, Part 2 (618)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lovely ending to the show, that how you do a end, BSG an countless others who have faild miserable can take lessions here.

To me the Island was real an excisted in reality, oceanic 815 crash landed but Jacub protected them during the crash, so they would fullfilled there mission,

The flash sideward was a aftertificial world was created by close friends who all waited until they could all cross over.
    This interpetation means Hurley eventually dies to an found a replacement. The ones on the plane live a fuflled life an the others waited around until they all go to heaven together.
    Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    So

1. No Walt, Eko or Ms. Klugh (Black Lady who was shot by Mr Patchy in Season 3). Not a major gripe, but would be still nice to see them somewhere. Before it was revealed that the Church was Purgatory, I was hoping that Eko would be the Minister or something.

2. So yeah. Basically the Island is just "magical". Seems a bit of a cop-out considering the super-science of the Dharma Initiative that was being revealed, the Electromagnetism of the Swam hatch and all. But I can live with it. Magical Islands aren't bad. The Tempest has one, and that's a classic piece of literature.

3. Nice how Jacob/ MiB were just ordinary men, with godlike powers. MiB wanting to leave, Jacob wanting to keep him there for reasons unknown (Bullcrap about the world ending, Jacob just didn't want his brother to leave him, and Jacob didn't want to leave).

4. Shame that we don't see what Hurley & Ben do with the island (I can imagine Hurley opening it at a tourist hotspot). Also, shame we didn't see the plane land. Especially considering it was supposed to have crashed, and people have been missing for a good 3 years onboard it. (Also, Richard is going to be an Illegal Immigrant now).

5. Desmond is magical. Too magical for the island. No reason for that, he's just magical. I can live with that.

6. Would've liked to see why Radinzky shot himself in the head in the Swan, and how that Soldier guy who was in there with him, and then Desmond, arrived there.

7. The Swam Hatch was somehow related to the wells the people dug 2000 years ago, and someone tapped into the energy, but it was flawed. I guess that's an

alright reason. Just a pointless thing really. No reason given why it needed manual input of the numbers. Just a magical hatch I guess.

8. Charles Widmore returned to the island because Jacob told him to? Would've been nice to see a brief flashback or something about that. Just to tie everything together.
    9. Who built the statue? Who built the light plug summoning circle thing?
    I think it was hinted at that it was probably one of the two brothers that built the statue the temple an may be a lot of the other stuff we saw on the island. We know that MIB help his mother people build the well, he thought of it as a way to escape, it would of been nice to of seen him helping the dharma innitive an also seeing Jacub building his statue an light house. I think the real question is where did they get this knowledge from. His adopted mother also possessed this knowledge or knew of the knowledge an knew what it could lead to. She most likely was a version of smokey to, how else could she off took out an entire village.

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    Its nonsense to state on that single point about Walt, that they never had a plan from the beginning. They had a beginning and an end to the show, with things they wanted to do during it, which they achieved. What show ever has had every single episode planned from the get go?.
    Two word Babylon 5,J. Michael Straczynski. He planned his entire series out, he even plan where to place standalone episodes ready for emergencies such as actors not being available. However hollywood writers have grown incredibly lazy over the years, so lazy in fact that they can barely plan out a film, let alone a TV series.

Overall I think the series finish one episode to soon, it needed more flashbacks to key events that were just nearly mention in pasting such as Jacob inviting Widmore back to the island. An personally I would not have Christian being the one leading them to heven but Jacub, with him promising answers as he walks into the light. I think Christian was shoehorn into the role to much, but we still have not learnt what happen to his body. I think they should of explain Widmore role more an actually give a bigger part in the ending, I personally would of had him take Jack an gang into the light.

I would also love to of seen the idea of Jacob sewing a tapestry in the statue more integrated with the different time lines an events storylines.

I also think they could got away with the island being giant plug that keeps dimensions from collapsing together, one of these dimension is time, an the other being a world where sole go to or better yet evolve to be able to go there, Jacob would of had plenty of time to figure out how to get there, him taking the rest along is his last gift.
    Last edited by knowles2; 29 May 2010, 01:50 AM.

Comment

The producer's already mentioned who built the statue. It wasn't mentioned on the show because it wasn't relevant to the characters. The Egyptians built the statue, likely sometime before Jacob and MIB were born.

Scene's for Walt were filmed for the finale, they weren't included in the final cut for some reason, though the scene's will be on the DVD along with a 15 min epilogue of Hurley and Ben's time on the island.

The producers offered Eko a spot for the finale, but the actor turned it down. The actor was offered a pretty big sum for just 1 scene, the actor reportedly wanted 5x the offered amount.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
        The producer's already mentioned who built the statue. It wasn't mentioned on the show because it wasn't relevant to the characters. The Egyptians built the statue, likely sometime before Jacob and MIB were born.

Scene's for Walt were filmed for the finale, they weren't included in the final cut for some reason, though the scene's will be on the DVD along with a 15 min epilogue of Hurley and Ben's time on the island.

The producers offered Eko a spot for the finale, but the actor turned it down. The actor was offered a pretty big sum for just 1 scene, the actor reportedly wanted 5x the offered amount.
        I dont think he enjoy working their. He asked to leave the show. Shame really i loved his character.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
          I dont think he enjoy working their. He asked to leave the show. Shame really i loved his character.
          Yeah, the character was originally suppose to have a story arc that would have lasted up until season 6. But the actor reportedly didn't feel at home in Hawaii, so he asked the producers to write the character off.

Comment

I just watched this for the second time and cried all over again! Aww geez. [sniffle]
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
              I just watched this for the second time and cried all over again! Aww geez. [sniffle]
              This definitely was one that could make you tear up.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You know what guys I just realized that I'm not angry at the final episode, I'm just angry it's over, I wish we could see some more lost
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  The flight was real. The crash was real. The island was real. They survived the crash because Jacob wanted to bring them to the island. After they were all on the island for X amount of time, they died, or survived to make it off, and died sometime later. Jacob chose them because they were lost in their current lives, and needed each other in order to see who they really were - this would leave one of them to make the choice to stay and protect the island. The island was not a mid point between life and death.
                  If the island is a real place and has always been a real place then you need a spiritual and/or fantasy overlay. I have no problem with that. But there is no hard evidence that the island is not a "created" testing ground on an alternate plane of existence. In other words, it can be both real and be a testing ground. There is no way to prove it, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    I still don't thinkt hey did go specifically with a spiritual route. If you look at the Dharma Initiative stuff in contrast to the Jacob/MIB story, it's really two different explanations for the same thing. The DI provided the scientific explanations for the unique properties of the massive energy pocket below the island while the other side provided a spiritual context for it.
                    I don't think the DI stuff explained what the source of the em energy was or where it came from. They were just utilising it.
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      just change how horrible it ended for everyone on the island, and i don't care if the side universe/afterlife is touched or not.
                      I thought that the way it ended was a happy ending, the only possible way for it to have a happy ending.
                      sigpic
                      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                        I thought that the way it ended was a happy ending, the only possible way for it to have a happy ending.
                        i always thought the series was leading towards a rescue for everyone, or everyone getting off the island. oh, and them being alive while experiencing it.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i always thought the series was leading towards a rescue for everyone, or everyone getting off the island. oh, and them being alive while experiencing it.
                          With the amount of people killed during the series, I rather expected a sad ending....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I like to think of this as a bittersweet ending.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                              If the island is a real place and has always been a real place then you need a spiritual and/or fantasy overlay. I have no problem with that. But there is no hard evidence that the island is not a "created" testing ground on an alternate plane of existence. In other words, it can be both real and be a testing ground. There is no way to prove it, either way.
                              Yes there is. One idea is right, the other is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                                With the amount of people killed during the series, I rather expected a sad ending....
                                I expected the last 3 or 4 episodes to be a blood bath. I really didn't expect that many people to survive in the end. Especially minor character's like Miles and Frank.

Comment

Working...
                                X