No announcement yet.

So the button...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, im an Aussie, On aussie TV, we are up to the part with Kate, and her baby are looking for the "cure" to an illness. the french chick leads her to the other hatch.

But from a source. I get to see the latest from america, and thus ive seen "live together, die alone"

I think all the theories are correct and well put. didnt it say that the timer indicates that the button releases the charge, and that it builds up to a certain extent. when the button isnt pushed, it starts to build up, then when its realeased it creates that massive electrowave, eg: the white light.

I want to know is what the Egyptian hyroglyphics translate to, and do the others know what the hatch does and what that white noise was, and if they are apart of Dharma. Also how do they know the lost people's names? (Mysterious) also, how did charlie survive if the hatch blew up, then he should of been close enough to die too. and what is the Diesease that has the Immunization for? is it a hoax?

Name: Issac Matthews
    Team: SG-3(Marines)
    click for biography

Comment

"how did charlie survive if the hatch blew up"

Who said the hatch blew up?
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

edmond said it was supposed to "break the dam" but then again, he was sauced, so who knows how credible it was. i would of said a nuke, but then the island would be destroyed. plus charile is alive. i really hope lock and ecko are alive, i could understand desmond dieing
        anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

I feel Desmond is the last person who'd have died. He just got back ,and he's the only connection to the real, current world we have. I doubt Locke is dead as well. If anyone died I'd bet Eko, but I doubt anyone did.

Comment

i read some where 2 people get shot in the last ep, but that failed to happen, unless it was the 2 others that were tracking them, in which one died. or when jack kate and sawyer got hit by darts but thats 3... so im not sure how creditiable my source was.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Perhaps 'shot' was assumed, and whoever leaked it meant 'injured', and meant the guy they shot, and Eko. I heard that rumor too.

Comment

I assumed that the hatch blew up becasue of the quarantine hatch lid, that flew into the beach.

Then again, it could of been the key's work with the white light.

Name: Issac Matthews
                Team: SG-3(Marines)
                click for biography

Comment

They could have easily done an explosion though, and they chose not to, using some mysterious method instead. Also the door wasn't charred, nor did it have any burn marks.

It was however big and metal, and the hatch was all about strong magnetic forces. Not hard to imagine the door being thrown into the air by those forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended_Elite_mercenary
                    I assumed that the hatch blew up becasue of the quarantine hatch lid, that flew into the beach.

Then again, it could of been the key's work with the white light.
                    a burst of electro magnetic energy in the opposite polarity of the one that pulled them could make the hatch door go flying
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I mentioned this on another thread, but I'll repeat it here....

We know that the key was a failsafe, does that mean that a key has to be activated each time that the charge builds up or does it mean that the Dharma Initiative had expected to terminate the project and installed the failsafe as a means to end the experiment should something happen? Since the computer is destroyed they can't exactly push the button. Did the Dharma Intiative create something that could permanently disrupt the electromagnetic force? Perhaps by completely exhausting the island's electromagnetic charge in one big wave?
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Kelvin likened it to a Dam... every time they push the button they release just enough preasure to keep the system stable. My understanding of what he said was that there was this gigantic charge and they kept leaking it, opening a tiny "valve" and letting just enough out to stop the preasure from building.

Kelvin also suggested the failsafe would "blow the dam" allowing all the energy to freely flow. I suspect Dharma discovered the source of the geo-magnetic energy and hoped to harness it, sadly their methods were flawed and the containment facility (which is what I think the ??? is, but who knows) wasn't suffcient at keeping the energy in to a point where it was usable as a viable energy source or safe. Of course they kept the "dam" in place knowing they had to release some of the energy in intervals hoping they could build another containment facility big enough, or beef up the existing one.

When the key was turned the energy that had built up behind the "dam" blew, releasing all at once. Of course just like a dam, if you take it away you still have a river, but first comes the flood (the flood being the white "flash"). So the river still exists, and freely flows now unobstructed by the Dharma containment facility.

Now, if you were, say, looking for this "river" of magnetic energy but all you saw now and again was a trickle you'd probably right it off as rain water or monkey pee or something right? But suddenly the river is back and it's hard to miss... thus the gentlemen in the friged region.

Just my theory.

Comment

Working...
                        X