Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost S2 speculations (spoilers for both seasons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Am I the only one who thinks the white swish in the middle looks swan-like? The beak is all wrong, though.
    Now that I look closely, it does look like a swan. Not sure what it means if anything, but definitely looks like a swan.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, I was thinking that Zeus had been known to take on the form of a swan, but now that I look at the image a little closer, I'm thinking maybe it's a hint of what the "monster" looks like. Either it's a close-up detail of one of the nanites or maybe some kind of huge octopus-like thing with lots of pointy tentacles.

Of course, that idea probably makes the swan look rational in comparison.

Comment

Way back at the beginning of S1, Sayid wondered how it was that all of them managed to survive a major air disaster relatively unscathed.

Now, I've heard the "they're all dead" theory and I don't believe it. This may be scifi, but that's a little too kitschy for me.

I also know that there is, theoretically, something to "connect" them all, some series of "coincidences". That's vague enough that I can accept it. But the question remains: HOW are they connected? Beyond the obvious crossing of paths, what do they all have in common? And how does it tie in to what the island is?

We know that a plague/sickness of some sort explains the existence of the quarantined fallout shelter (well, it doesn't explain it, but you know what I mean). Desmond seemed surprised that the world was still out there. Why? What happened (beyond his relief never arriving) to make him think that?

I was toying with the idea of the survivors having received some kind of inoculation against the mystery plague which made them "immune" to the crash (maybe they were injected with some sea monster goo from Surface). But it's too inconsistent an idea, especially since some of the survivors are seeing things/hearing whispers, and even that doesn't fall within definable parameters. Or not my parameters, anyway. If it had been a mass inoculation like the smallpox vaccine thing was, it might explain why certain segments of the island population are now falling victim to the plauge (assuming that the voices are a symptom, which is actually a HUGE assumption and quite possibly a red herring).

Anyone else have theories on why they survived? What's the common vector?

Comment

Y'all should check out the US Code. Definitely an off topic dead end, but still some fun coincidences. Like Title 42 Chapter 4 being about viruses, serums, toxins, antitoxins, etc.

You can make the numbers fit ANYTHING if you want to.

*wanders off to find more crazy coincidences*

Comment

I'd guess it has to do with the balancing of black & white.

Let's see...

<snip>

Hmm... don't get a lot out of it, really, although I dunno if it's meant to be a literal association or just the idea of it.

Am I the only one who thinks the white swish in the middle looks swan-like? The beak is all wrong, though.
            And then there's this:

CHYAN
            Grey or
            Black & White
            Metal
            Northwest
            Travel & Timely Help
            Head
            Travel & Timely Help (interesting that it's listed twice)
            Heaven

Then I found this statement on that Feng Shui site listed by LoneStar:

"the aim of Feng Shui remains exactly the same as it was thousands of years ago: the pursuit and creation of a more comfortable and harmonious place to live and work"

and this:

"Through the modernized principles taught by Master Lin, a Feng Shui practitioner can redirect the vital life-force energy of "chi" in the environment"
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

This Feng Shui stuff got me to thinging. I found this statement on another site:

"One hundred eight (108) is the most powerful and protective of the numbers as it contains three nines: 99 plus 9." (http://dwij.org/forum/cerritomni/r10_lang.html)

I also have seen Feng Shui jewelery with 108 beads that are supposed to be used with Mantras. I found this info about Mantras:

"There are many mantras used in worship. The first is always the Moola Manthirum. This mantra forms the foundation which supports all the others. It was not written by a person but was given to us directly from Amma Herself in Her oracle. This mantra has enormous power. Some of the benefits conferred by reciting the Moola Mantra are:
              1. The Divine energy freely flows from the feet of Amma to the different systems of the body. The holy vibrations penetrate all the cells and revitalize the entire system.
              2. Eradication of one's Karma.
              3. Gives you what you rightfully deserve.
              4. Helps solve ailments and genuine problems.
              5. Confers blessings leading to prosperity and a happy life.
              6. Helps one to reach the highest spiritual pedestal (Mukti).
              7. Prevents fatal accidents." (http://www.omsakthi.org/worship/mantra.html)
              Just some things to thing about, but then again, I could be going down a bunny trail.

sigpic

Comment

ok more thoughts here.

We can confirm that it is a swan on the dharma logo. So, I looked up information about swans (thier meaning and such). Here's some interesting info about the Constellation Cygnus (the Swan): (http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Cygnus.html)

Cygnus usually is shown in full flight down the Milky Way, the Stream of Heaven, "uppoised on gleaming wings"

Cygnus gives a contemplative, dreamy, cultured and adaptable nature. The affections are ill regulated and unsteady, the talents develop late. There is some love of water and swimming and the arts. By the Kabalists it is associated with the Hebrew letter Resh and the 20th Tarot Trump "Judgment".

sigpic

Comment

Well, I was thinking that Zeus had been known to take on the form of a swan
                  I was sitting there last night thinking "Whadda ya know, Shadow was right."
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh! You can all hate me or dismiss me as you see fit, but I must at least express a ‘yay!’ for me finally having figured out a large plot point of a TV series ahead of the rest of you! I don’t say that to sound pretentious, I’m just happy to (hopefully) have landed on a sound theory for once. And if my predictions are correct, I’m going to like this show even more in short order...

I can’t bring myself to tell you what I’ve figured out about ‘Lost,’ because if I’m right (and I really think I am this time) I wouldn’t want to spoil what the writers have in store! (You’re probably thinking, then why post at all? How rude!) But I may drop hints…very subtle hints…in the future or suggest some things to look at that may draw you to the same conclusion.

Meanwhile I’m writing up a summary of where I think this show is going (to be buried in a secret vault! just kidding) and time will have to tell whether I’m actually right or full of baloney!

PS. Keep posting ideas, guys! I really want to see some one else land on my theory! (I may feel secure in discussing my ideas then)

Sincerely,
                    Tiret.

Comment

I did hear one theory on another board - it is rather far fetched, but I guess we can't dismiss anything at this point:

Spoiler:
                      The Nazis originally started experimentation on the island long ago, and eventually we will find Hitler and some of his scientists hidden underground, continuing their human experiements - life longevity, cryogenics, etc. They use the magnetic properties on the island to bring in a plane or ship whenever they need new test subjects.

That's the wildest one I've heard so far.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

This showed up on msnbc.com today. Interesting article with links to some photos and other articles - their take on events so far:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9651631/

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Probably completely random but if you add up the numbers they equal 108. Plus the number of days people are assigned to the station, 540, is divisible by 108 five times...

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            I did hear one theory on another board - it is rather far fetched, but I guess we can't dismiss anything at this point:

Spoiler:
                            The Nazis originally started experimentation on the island long ago, and eventually we will find Hitler and some of his scientists hidden underground, continuing their human experiements - life longevity, cryogenics, etc. They use the magnetic properties on the island to bring in a plane or ship whenever they need new test subjects.

That's the wildest one I've heard so far.
                            If this happens I will never watch LOST again

Comment

This article was in this week’s TV Guide. It has a, I guess you’d say major spoiler but names weren’t named. You’ve been warned.

Page 1, 2, and 3

I didn't pick up on that bit about the guy that died in the car accident with Jack's eventual wife having the last name Rutherford, which is the same as Shannon's.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X