No announcement yet.

UK Lost Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot news, ladies an' germs! Michelle Rodriguez is set to join the cast of Lost from Season 2, playing a survivor from the tail section of the plane.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

You know, the only thing that annoys me about ‘Lost’ is that it seems to have fallen into the pit fall of having the attractive leading man and the attractive leading lady falling for each other in the most painfully obvious way possible.
      Spoiler:
      I love Charlie and Locke, and ‘Moth’ ranks as my favourite episode so far, but I personally found the emphasis on Kate’s concern for Jack to be extremely off-putting. I think the TWOP reviewer summed in up for me when they said: ‘...And great, just what we need is Kate running up so she can start in with her grief and concern that you might expect from Jack's wife of 25 years and not from a crash co-survivor.’

Originally posted by Hywel
      Spoiler:
      Loved seeing Charlie perform some music, and I'm ashamed to say I was filled with a warm tingly feeling when he chucked the drugs into the fire. Hurrah for doing the sensible thing!
      Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by Adele
        [what] annoys me about ‘Lost’ is that it seems to have fallen into the pit fall of having the attractive leading man and the attractive leading lady falling for each other in the most painfully obvious way possible.
        ITA, but I'm holding out hope that she's playing him somehow or will screw him over. It'd make the clichéd ALM/ALL thing more worthwhile.

Madeleine

Comment

Has anyone seen the DriveSHAFT website? I've had a quick look, and I assume there's no spoilers. But you can never be too careful.

Comment

Okay, so, watching Lost on C4 last night - good episode, nice symbolism - I caught the name Paul Dini credited as being Story Editor.

Chances are this is the same guy who brought us the rather wonderful Batman: The Animated Series about ten years or so ago.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

E4
              Spoiler:
              Did anyone recognize Michael DeLuise (the guy who played the fake O'Neill in Wormhole X-Treme) as the husband that Sawyer was trying to con?

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                E4
                Spoiler:
                Did anyone recognize Michael DeLuise (the guy who played the fake O'Neill in Wormhole X-Treme) as the husband that Sawyer was trying to con?
                The DeLuise family's attempts at world Domination move one step closer...
                sigpic

Comment

I just typed a really long message and then lost it by pressing something on my keybroad!!! Oh well here I go again, I think Lost is great and I love how the diff characters have such diff backgrounds. My fave so far is that of the Korean woman but I wouldn't understand what was supposed to happen to her when she was waiting for someone to pick her up or something like that when her husband was in a queue at the airport. If any1 knows pls tell me unless it's in S2 then don't! Does any1 know when Lost is repeated on C4 and E4 apart from Sunday because I already missed some eps and have a habit of missing it on Sunday too? I agree with what Madeleine said, if it wasn't for Lost, sg1, sga and the occasional wildlife prog, I wouldn't watch tv at all. Posting in this forum is too much fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

This is just gonna sound daft, but i was watching lost, that bit where sawyer's lying there after recovering from getting stabbed. He starts talking to Kate, what did he say, or could someone give me the jist of it? i just couldn't hear what he was saying for the life of me. I rewound the tape over and over again, and all i got was that it's not his real name, he wrote the letter, something about money and that family, and that he became who he was searching for. I don't get it! Could someone throw me a bone...? Please?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                      This is just gonna sound daft, but i was watching lost, that bit where sawyer's lying there after recovering from getting stabbed. He starts talking to Kate, what did he say, or could someone give me the jist of it? i just couldn't hear what he was saying for the life of me. I rewound the tape over and over again, and all i got was that it's not his real name, he wrote the letter, something about money and that family, and that he became who he was searching for. I don't get it! Could someone throw me a bone...? Please?
                      I've seen a few people on different sites say they couldn't hear what Sawyer said. Here's a transcript of the conversation for you:

Kate: Went to the caves to check on Shannon. I read it again, and then again, because I've been trying to figure out why you beat up Boone instead of just telling him you didn't have his sister's medication. Why you pretended to have it anyway. The thing that I keep coming back around to is that you want to be hated. Then I looked at the envelope. America's bicentennial, Knoxville, TN. You were just a kid, 8 maybe 9 years old.

Sawyer: Kate?

Kate: This letter wasn't written to you. You wrote this letter. You're name's not Sawyer, is it?

Sawyer: It was his name. He was a confidence man. Romanced my momma to get to the money, wiped them out clean, left a mess behind. So I wrote that letter. I wrote it knowing one day I'd find him. But that ain't the sad part. When I was 19, I needed 6 grand to pay these guys off I was in trouble with. So I found a pretty lady with a dumb husband who had some money. And I got them to give it to me. How's that for a tragedy? I became the man I was hunting. Became Sawyer. Don't you feel sorry for me. (He grabs the letter from her). Get the hell out. Get out!
                      I wonder what his real name is? I think he looks like a Wayne. Don't know why.

Comment

Thanks, it makes much more sense now!! It's quite a shame. That's his story basically over now. At least with Kate, Locke and Jack still have an air of mystery about them. "Sawyer" has, give or take, revealed all his cards.

Comment

I have to say that I love Lost and can't wait to see the next episode. i have a few theories but I don't think that they are all in purgatory or that Claire is preganant with the devil. At one time though I was convinced that the creature was a giant ape and my sister thinks it's a dinosaur. The island itself is really weird but I think the whole series has something to do with second chances.

Oh and did anyone else get the feeling that Kate and the marshall used to have a thing?

Comment

My friend seems to think it's an alien zoo of some sort. hence the polar bear, no one finding them, miraculously surving, the "monster" and locke's..... praise of the island. It does make some sense, but it's not what i think. But i agree with Nightingdale, it must have something to do with second chances. Why else would they be given these opportunities to change for the better. I like the idea of Purgatory though.

Comment

This just occured to me but I think that none of them actually wanted to be on the plane.
                              Spoiler:
                              the Korean woman wanted to leave her husband but couldn't, Jack didn't want to go get his dad's body and bring it back, Kate certainly didn't want to be in custody, Charlie wanted to spend more time with his brother and Locke pplanned to go on the Walkabout
                              does anyone else agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                                Thanks, it makes much more sense now!! It's quite a shame. That's his story basically over now. At least with Kate, Locke and Jack still have an air of mystery about them. "Sawyer" has, give or take, revealed all his cards.
                                Without revealing any spoilers let me just say that it's not the last we hear about Sawyer.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X