Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killjoys (Space) News/Discussion/Speculation (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
    That's where Killjoys is pretty strong, I'd say. Just when you think it's gonna fall in some cliche, it takes a different direction.
    That's one reason for me to continue watching it. The other is the good worldbuilding. Killjoys proved that you can do a decent space show (not great but decent) on a low budget if you have some creativity and imagination.

Comment

And it's pretty fun most of the time.

Comment

And it's pretty fun most of the time.
        It is. But in the last two episodes it got a liitle more serious. And it does seem to have a content. Not something exceptional but a content none the less. While Dark matter has nothing.
        Last edited by pakar; 12 August 2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ESESEL View Post
          Let's all take a moment to appreaciate that there wasn't an overcoming mind-control by love cliché. And good to see Amanda again too, pity she didn't have much to do.
          taken the moment

Originally posted by TOIVA
          We finally uncovered all we wanted to know about Pawter. And the coming revolution got more concrete, with spies among the company ranks (and massing of weapons).
          I'm finding that's the real strength of killjoys, the three leads have good interaction and there is time left to develop the secondary characters, making good use of the interesting world building. Certain sci fi shows with a big ensemble cast lack in that departement. I remember being surprised when Pawter was taken to prison. Really happy it turns out she's not some goody two shoes.

hope this gets a second season, any word on that?

Comment

Yup, I can't think of any character that would stand out (in the bad sense). They have good chemistry together, including the likes of Pree, Bellus, Alvis, the higher up RAC representatives we've seen etc.

When it comes to another season, I believe I've seen a report of Killjoys being pretty popular for the Space channel (Canada). For Syfy, it's a little lower ranking than both Defiance and Dark Matter. So, fingers crossed it survives. But frankly I'm very worried.

Comment

Next week is the season finale. I wish this show was getting 13 episodes instead of Dark Matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                Next week is the season finale. I wish this show was getting 13 episodes instead of Dark Matter.
                I wish the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                  Hell yes. I'm so hooked up. There are so many questions that keep appearing. So much more to discover.

This 9th episode just kept amazing me. The Quad is already a fairly vast and interesting place to be, but we keep getting more and more hints of what's beyond. If this isn't renewed, it's just such a huge lost opportunity...

Comment

This episode proved for one more time that what makes a show good is simply good writing not the budget. Allthough the space scenes are also better than Dark Matter's.

Comment

The Quad is actually a believable place. And there are actual people struggling in their daily lives.

Killjoys is great at immersion. Along with the momentum the episodes typically gain, it makes me not notice or quickly forgive the mistakes it does (because yes, Killjoys is far from perfect).

Comment

Of course it's not perfect.Far from it. But it has decent writing and acting and an interesting and entetaining story.
                        And i really liked this futuristic plasma computer. It's been along time since i show something really futuristic.
                        Last edited by pakar; 16 August 2015, 02:11 AM.

Comment

You may have a point. One of the consequences of having stereotypical unimaginative sci-fi lately is that it's all a rehash of technologies and abilities that were deemed sci-fi dozens of years ago. And what's sci-fi about micro-computers, cloning etc. at the current day?

While I'm sure Killjoys isn't the first with this kind of 'plasma computer', it still sounds like a relatively fresh idea and not something I expect tomorrow in the Apple store.

And since I spoke of mistakes, doesn't Dutch's injured leg switch from right to left when she reaches John and D'Avin?

Comment

And since I spoke of mistakes, doesn't Dutch's injured leg switch from right to left when she reaches John and D'Avin?
                            Not as far as I can tell from a quick second look. Left the whole time.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

it's been announced that they will be having a Killjoys panel at Fan Expo in Toronto on September 6th.That's a positive sign for renewal.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/kil...en-review.html

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                                Not as far as I can tell from a quick second look. Left the whole time.
                                I'll have to look at it closer.
                                Originally posted by pakar View Post
                                it's been announced that they will be having a Killjoys panel at Fan Expo in Toronto on September 6th.That's a positive sign for renewal.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/kil...en-review.html
                                How come there's no smiley for fingers crossed? Because that's definitely my current state of mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X