No announcement yet.

Four Months Ago (208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose if they'd introduced Adam in this ep, it'd kind of spoil the surprise of his genetics when Hiro meets up with him, but on the other hand, he'd come across as much more likely to be a good guy and people probably wouldn't have suspected anything until he made that threat to Hiro, THEN they'd wonder if his agenda is as altruistic as he claims.

Which reminds me, I had a bizarre dream last night (during one of the three hours I managed to sleep) where someone was explaining to Hiro that the Princess was his however-many-times-great grandmother (which caused him a rather awkward moment; nothing weirder than finding out you were lusting after your ancestor) and that she was brutally slain by a stranger who left a message that, it turns out, makes perfect sense to Hiro: Kensei has (had?) begun his campaign of destroying all that Hiro holds dear.

Wish I could remember more detail, but the fact that I was able to dream at all is kind of amazing. *sigh*

Comment

Didn't like this episode. The stories were all potentially interesting, but it fell apart in the execution.

Adam and Peter: Could have been great, but the build up just went on and on with next to no payoff at the end.

Niki and D.L.: Again, could have been interesting, but wasn't. The only highlight was D.L. as a fireman, good man for becoming a true hero, but again the execution could have been better.

Maya and Alejandro: The bit in the teaser on its own would have been far better without the follow up.

Nathan's recovery: Too many blind spots, what happened to Heidi in the end, did I miss something?

I would have prefered this if they'd cut the stories down into the bits that were needed, get the story flowing, and filled the time with the 4 months of HRG, Matt and Mohinder, which wouldn't have taken that much time.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

This episode was good... nice to finally be in the know as to what is happening with the plot. I'm still hoping that Adam is a good guy, though I'm sure he's not, I'm hoping that at least he can be saved.

I certainly liked him better as Kensei and a "hero" at that... but as far as story goes I guess this is the most logical step. It's too bad that they have to wrap it all up in 3 episodes.

It's sad to think that it will be such a long time until new episodes are aired... they haven't even been written yet along filmed and produced. It will takes months to start producing new episodes as soon as they actually start writing them again.

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Okay, I'll be the rebel and disagree. I absoluelte loved this episode, despite the fact that it should have come earlier or been the season premiere.

I liekd seeing how Adam and Peter met, how Adam slowly turned him into his tool, and then finally used him to bust out.

The only real dissapointment for me was Maya/Alejandro. We really already knew all of that, so it didn't do much for me at all. Oh well, though... at least we got to see Elle live out her wild kinky fantasies on Pete
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I liked the episode too, lot of great moments, but I do agree that it just reinforced a lot of stuff we already knew. I understand the idea to start the season months after the season finale in order to make things more interesting, but in this case it seems to have backfired. Ah well, at least things are semi back to normal, and I love Peter finally having his memories back. The Nikki shooting DL thing was a bit...strange. I mean it was obvious she was gonna kill him but I just thought it was executed a bit weird.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
              I liked the episode too, lot of great moments, but I do agree that it just reinforced a lot of stuff we already knew. I understand the idea to start the season months after the season finale in order to make things more interesting, but in this case it seems to have backfired. Ah well, at least things are semi back to normal, and I love Peter finally having his memories back. The Nikki shooting DL thing was a bit...strange. I mean it was obvious she was gonna kill him but I just thought it was executed a bit weird.
              Niki didn't shoto DL, that drugged-up guy in Vegas did (or was it LA...).
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ah I see, I got really confused since it all happened so fast. I thought it was the guy at first but wasn't all that sure.
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

He could have phased. I mean he avoided the sucker punch, which was much faster than the pulling of the gun and the shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                    He could have phased. I mean he avoided the sucker punch, which was much faster than the pulling of the gun and the shooting.
                    I wondered about that. My guess is he was dumb enough to think the guy wouldn't try anything and didn't phase automatically. *sigh* It was a stupid and pointless death and while I understand that the world is full of such things I still felt DL deserved better. I LOVED him as a fireman, and given some of the looks his fellows were shooting at him I think it might have been interesting to see how that worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I wondered about that. My guess is he was dumb enough to think the guy wouldn't try anything and didn't phase automatically. *sigh* It was a stupid and pointless death and while I understand that the world is full of such things I still felt DL deserved better. I LOVED him as a fireman, and given some of the looks his fellows were shooting at him I think it might have been interesting to see how that worked out.
                      Its funny how an ex-con can get a job as a fire fighter. There are rules against that. And when did all that get cleared up? Last time I checked he was being chased by the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                        Its funny how an ex-con can get a job as a fire fighter. There are rules against that. And when did all that get cleared up? Last time I checked he was being chased by the cops.
                        yeah, artistic license if one thing but that was total BS!
                        My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                          That got resolved when Nikki turned herself in to the police and confessed to the murders and DL returned the 2 million to Linderman. So I assume DL's record was cleared.

I thought the episode was okay. Not all that I had hoped for.

I mostly liked this episode for the Nathan bits. I still think he should have died, but how they revealed it conveys that he intended to sacrifice himself in order to save Peter. (I just remember some people speculating that maybe he flew Peter up and then flew off. Glad it didn't play out that way.) Though if he were dead, I wouldn't have his story line to enjoy this season since his plight this season has been one of the few that has interested me.

Originally posted by The Signal
                          Nathan's recovery: Too many blind spots, what happened to Heidi in the end, did I miss something?
                          I think it had something to do with Angela Petrelli's power. Hers seems to deal with manipulating the mind somehow, I think. Not sure if that ended up resulting in their eventual split though. I'm guessing Nathan's depression did that. I think she just wanted to "suggest" to Heidi to not blab about Nathan saying he could fly etc.

Originally posted by The Signal
                          Adam and Peter: Could have been great, but the build up just went on and on with next to no payoff at the end.
                          Agreed. It just didn't go anywhere, and this was one of the main bits I was looking forward to.

The Nikki/DL stuff was boring (other than seeing DL really use his power to be a true hero) but then I've never been a fan of their story. Then DL's death was a cruddy way for him to die.

The Maya inclusion was not as bad as I thought it was going to be though and agree with The Signal that the teaser was fine but the follow up wasn't needed. Though I think their story should have been left out of this episode all together and mentioned in another episode.

I'd have liked to have seen something of the others, especially Sylar, but I suppose they are saving that for when he finally gets to NYC.

As far as it's placement this late, I would have liked for it to have been earlier in the season but not necessarily the first episode. Of course I would have liked to have know immediately what had happened after the events of last season but having that gap in knowledge did make for some intrigue this season....How did Nathan survive and what happened to him? What exactly happened to Peter? etc. My problem with this season was there being too much filler (Maya and Monica mostly followed by West) and the story taking too long to progress.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

I didn't mind the episode(aside from Maya and her brother...I can't stand them now). Elle was a hoot(kudos to Kristen Bell).

Poor DL.....what a crappy way to go. I actually felt bad for Niki there too.

Anyway, the episode cleared some things up. I don't know why they just don't show all this stuff during the season premiere, though.

Comment

I thought this ep was pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff with adam. I really love his character. Also i liked the expalnation to how Peter and his brother survived. It was bugging me a little how he managed to survive peter exploding.

The Nikki and DL storyline was also ok. i liked to see that he got the chance to be a real hero. It was obvious that he was trying really hard to do what was right and the way he died was so tragic.

as for maya and her brother........meh........i just want them to get on with what sylar has planned for them.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Overall, I thought it was a very good episode. I really look forward to these next three though. Things have been building to these three episodes.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X