No announcement yet.

Out of Time (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam's power is to be a pain in the butt.

Comment

What was up with the change in the title screen? It was a green flare instead of an orange one... Maybe since the threat is now a biological one and not a nuclear one?

Comment

Perhaps the timeline changes caused by Hiro caused the logo change, as everything is the same but slightly different than how it was supposed to be.

Or you could be right and the destruction method just changed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          So far, it really seems that way. Why else would Bob show Nathan that, coupled with a few lines about how dangerous and pwoerful Adam is, unless the two were connected? And then it only makes sense if Adam could actually carry out that tsunami thing in the first place, which implies a power greater than simple regeneration.
          I actually took that to mean that Adam had organised the other people with powers in order to stop the zunami, thus saving Miami... Wasn´t Bob still talking about the golden age when Adam brought people together for the good of mankind?

Great episode on the whole, glad to see Peter starting to get more involved in everything that´s going on.

Peter´s mothers power seems to be memory retrival at the moment, that´s the only one we have seen. Then again it might be the reversal bit since she beat back nightmare mans powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
            I think it's odd that the virus exists in the future now, but there had been no mention of it in Five Years Gone. It's not like the New York incident and the development of a mutant virus would have any effect on each other.
            Unless the explosion destroyed the lab where that virus was created, or because of the explosion they never released it. It's entirely plausible they never shipped out Molly's blood cultures when they had her in New York, which means all evidence of that virus would have been eliminated when Peter exploded.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

It existed before Molly though. It was in Shanti at the very least, though there were probably others. It's not as if were just contained in New York.
              sigpic

Comment

A show like heroes should be predictable to some degree better that than say JKR just holding back all the important details until the last book so no one can figure anything out. Its the Writes being fair with those who watch the show we build up to something then we pay it off. Would you rather it be WTF is this that came out of left field so to me being predictable isn't per say bad.

All that Said I really hoped that Adam was someone new to me making Adam and Kensei just isn't as cool to me but hey it might work as long as he has more to him than "I want the kill people Whahahahaaha"

The part of this one that was strongest for me was losing the Irish gal, I hope peter finds a way to get her back. Or will it be all back to the futurey(Marty leaving his girl friend on the poach in the bad neighborhood but when the fix history she is now i left in the good neighborhood), where he will stop the plague and a year from now we will just find her where he last saw her. And do we finally have a glimpse into what peter mama can do

Also on small beef Mohinder must have O negative blood because he is transfusing a lot of people of different back grounds and its unlikely they would all have the dame blood type has him.
                Last edited by Night Marshal; 07 November 2007, 09:26 AM.
                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

*sigh* Well, the plotline I was pretending for six and half episodes - since Adam/Kensei arrived and opened his mouth - wouldn't come to pass, has. Bad show, so cliche. Please try harder.
                  At least now, I hope, after 7 episodes of setup we might start to get some interest going. It's been such a slow start.

I'd love to believe the Kensei vs. the Dragon story is Kensei vs. Hiro in the tent where Adam/Kensei figuratively cuts out his heart/ability to love/be a hero, but I think that might be too clever.
                  So Hiro is the legendary Takenzo Kensei (rather than the actual one), and I'm going to keep rooting for Adam because currently he's more interesting than the rest of the cast (minus Ando, and possibly Monica) combined.

As to his power, I think it might be mainly regeneration. I don't know if his charm counts as an ability, since many people have it, and it's just an extension of what he was doing before Hiro turned up - charming and bribing people to do his work for him. Like Bob said; Maury is just a tool for Adam.
                  Of course, it depends on how he escaped...
                  He talked Peter into helping him?

The big question is;
                  Is this going to become The 4400 on a bigger budget?
                  Establishment organisation on one side, charismatic leader who believes he working for the good of the people on the other, and unsure heroes in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                    Wow, I didnt really see Kensei=Adam. Guess I didnt really think about it much. At first, when I saw the burnt hand, I thought it might be Peter from the future.

I guess we now know why Adam is getting his revenge on the world.

So, I guess unless someone cuts Claire's head off, she'll live forever? Highlander anyone? lol.

Great episode though. the best of the year. I loved how Claire finally stepped up to her dad. I also liked that west left. man, his character was annoying.

I be the outbreak in the future is caused from the mutated virus. Saw that coming.

It will be interesting to see how the relationship between Peter and Adam is. Are they friends? Coworkers? enemies?

Also, not dissapointed we didnt see Sylar and the twins.

No Monica and Micah though.
                    This brings all kinds of (kinda sick but hey) questions though, can Claire be cloned in a matter of minutes? Maybe she'll be Heroes' Ba'al

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      What was up with the change in the title screen? It was a green flare instead of an orange one... Maybe since the threat is now a biological one and not a nuclear one?
                      That was part of NBC's "going green" theme for the night... it was more obvious in other shows. I'm glad they decided only to change the title screen rather than write "green" into the actual show as others did.

Ace
                      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                        That was part of NBC's "going green" theme for the night... it was more obvious in other shows. I'm glad they decided only to change the title screen rather than write "green" into the actual show as others did.

Ace
                        oh. that was rather lame then lol

Comment

I think we now have confirmation of Angela Petrelli's power.

She says to Peter (talking about his ability), "You are the best of all of us." This proves that she is among the group of heroes, and therefore posesses an ability
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

ok, I missed it...what was Mrs. P's power?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                              ok, I missed it...what was Mrs. P's power?
                              We still have yet to see it. I'm really hoping they don't keep us in the dark forever.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                                It existed before Molly though. It was in Shanti at the very least, though there were probably others. It's not as if were just contained in New York.
                                Yes it did exist with Shanti, but the mutant strain that is so virulent in the future did not exist before Molly. Shanti's virus pretty much died with her, so there's no samples for the Company to experiment with from her. Then Molly developed the same virus, and became the second known case. This is where the company got the samples they experimented with, and produced the mutant strain. Last season Molly was cured of the virus, so she was no longer a carrier and couldn't spread it. At that point the Shanti virus only existed in the Company's labs, if those labs were destroyed, so was the virus.
                                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                                X