Fallout (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyzmarca View Post
    I remember that story well, as a matter of fact, and I've seen the idea executed in some fairly appalling ways over the years. In fact, wasn't there a whole movie centering around that? I seem to recall seeing trailers for it and thinking, "dear gods, I must avoid that at all costs!"

Yay for Hiro for knowing the story, too. I wonder if he read the actual story or if he got the comic book version?

EDIT: Here's a review of the movie A Sound of Thunder.I hope Hiro's encounter is better. From the sound of it they'd have to try damn hard to make it worse.

People at the studio screening I attended began fleeing after 10 minutes -- and they got in for free. Indeed, while the credits rolled I heard a guy shout out, "I want my money back."
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 05 December 2006, 01:08 PM.

Comment

How did Sylar use his powers?

Very simple. There was an unshown scene where Eden disables whatever is suppressing his powers. She had to do this in order for her own power to work.

What happened to Peter in his vision?

I think it's clear. If the vision is true, he absorbs radioactive mans power and can't control it.

Comment

Why would Eden have to give Sylar back all his powers in order to convince him to shoot himself? Doesn't make sense to me. Not to mention that there isn't any evidence (that I recall) that Sylar's powers were ever supressed. Every time we saw him I wondered if the little cage could actually block his abilities toward those on the other side of the glass.

Remember his capture in "Homecoming?" It took Sylar a moment to go down. He put his head down as if he was listening to this strange sound of Eden's voice in his head, trying to figure it out.

I suspect that maybe he's just learn that he doesn't need to crack open skulls to figure out how people have the powers they do. Maybe he spent his time in the cell recalling his encounter with Eden and figuring out how her power worked. Then he wouldn't care if she blew her brains out -- heck, maybe he telekinetically put the gun to her head and shot her himself.

Are the comics made by people working directly with the writing staff?
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Wow fantastic ep. Now this leaves us with more loose threads and unanswered question.
          The whole Pete thing was a big surprise, I speculating thats because he obsorb/mimicks others power that maybe his DNA is rewriting itself and in the process has a-wired and to a point thats its become a destructive, similar to what some one has mention that the energy can not be contaian in his body. I also think that Clair plays a big role in this some how that her powers will stop the explosion hence save the cheerleader save the world.

I'm loving it how black dude is still a main mystery in the show and now that he spoke leaving us a even more criptic element to his character, is he good or bad?

Finally Hiro meets up with Issac, and how freaky is that for Issac to be told that in the future he was murdered.

How sad that Eden is dead now or is she? I was really liking her character as well especially how she tried to redeem her self. How ironic that to have that power of minipulation but only to be control by others and to die but that very power.

The weakest point for me in the ep would have to be Niki and family, some how there was something that felt missing there. Though I do like here character and family.
          sigpic

Comment

Here's a thought: Eden shot herself to prevent Sylar from getting at her brain... but we don't know what abilities he has. He could heal her or even put her brain back together like he would a watch. Then he'd still be able to get her power.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Why would Eden have to give Sylar back all his powers in order to convince him to shoot himself? Doesn't make sense to me. Not to mention that there isn't any evidence (that I recall) that Sylar's powers were ever supressed. Every time we saw him I wondered if the little cage could actually block his abilities toward those on the other side of the glass.
              I think Eden had to turn off any power suppression for her power to work period, not just work on him.

Comment

I don't think Eden did any of those things, I think Sylar was simply biding his time. He wanted a shot at Eden and her power and (as far as we know) she never visited him until that moment so he didn't have a chance to try and grab her.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Here's a thought: Eden shot herself to prevent Sylar from getting at her brain... but we don't know what abilities he has. He could heal her or even put her brain back together like he would a watch. Then he'd still be able to get her power.
                  Very true, there's a few possibility to this sinario so I guess we'll see next year.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rook818 View Post
                    I think Eden had to turn off any power suppression for her power to work period, not just work on him.
                    I was thinking that as well, cause he could have broken it earlier then hunt Eden and Clair down. He is good at that after all.
                    sigpic

Comment

BTW, Greg Beeman just updated his blog with inside scoops and photos from this ep. Check out the latest post from here - http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/ Evidently, this awesome episode was directed by John Badham

Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Who's the one sticking her tongue out... or maybe just pouting her lips or whatever. Next to funny guy Milo.

Cool pic. Although, seriously, someone needs to expand Claire's wardrobe.

Comment

Great cast pic lostinspace
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Not sure what to make of Pete's "vision" but it's looking more and more like Nathan is going to be a bad guy, which COMPLETELY SUCKS!!
                            I've thought this from the start.

This episode was really cool! I really hope that Peter doesn't die. I like him

It's sad that Claire doesn't have Zach anymore But now we know that there's someone abover her dad who's calling the shots.

Exciting!
                            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Who's the one sticking her tongue out... or maybe just pouting her lips or whatever. Next to funny guy Milo.
                              It's Simone Deveaux. That appears to be the location for the NYC scene.

Comment

...which of course was shot in LA...

Comment

Working...
                                X