No announcement yet.

Six Months Ago (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jessica was real and she is dead and she isn't inhabiting Nikki's body at all. What I think is that Nikki is generally a weak minded person, she never stood up to her father, she let people walk all over her. Jessica is Nikki's mind's way of dealing with both Nikki's weakness and her new found super strength but Jessica just seems to be a sociopath. Jessica is Nikki's way of coping with everything.

Comment

It´s possible that Bennet has the power to resist all mental attacks...

But it´s more likely that the black guy is doing all the heavy lifting here. Would be great to find out why he is working for Bennet.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
        The father wasn't blocking her powers. It is the Haitian as you suggest. He seems to be at the very least, a damper, perhaps with other abilities.
        Blocking mental probes/suggestions, erasing memories chances are haitian guy is a powerful and well trained telepath. Its also possible Bennet has been trained to block telepathic probes/suggestions.
        Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

atm i think that bennet had helped him out in some way and maybe helped him learn about his powers. i think it was in homecoming where he mentions that he helps "heroes" understand themselves and something happened to claire's actual parents during the process of his helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
            I think Jessica was real and she is dead and she isn't inhabiting Nikki's body at all. What I think is that Nikki is generally a weak minded person, she never stood up to her father, she let people walk all over her. Jessica is Nikki's mind's way of dealing with both Nikki's weakness and her new found super strength but Jessica just seems to be a sociopath. Jessica is Nikki's way of coping with everything.
            I agree. I think it really is that straightforward. I think Niki's alter ego is her way of coping with the loss of her sister by recreating her within herself to deal with all her problems. Jessica is an escape so Niki can do whatever she needs to do without having to deal with the guilt.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Agree it's DID with a Hulkian twist; disagree vehemently with the 'weak-minded' terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                I think it´s going to be a much more funny reason. The theory on Syler is that he maps out peoples brains to find what´s different about them and then copies that into himself somehow. Isn´t it possible that when he scanned her´s he might have copied her aneurysm in the process by mistake?

This would be a very ironic twist of fate.
                I thought the same thing. Sylar + aneurysm = plottwist!
                Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
                The father wasn't blocking her powers. It is the Haitian as you suggest. He seems to be at the very least, a damper, perhaps with other abilities.
                The Haitian's powers all seem to be very 0-ish to me...all of them that we've seen are something to nothing(persuasion to no persuasion, thoughts to no thoughts, etc.), and when Matt heard his thoughts he heard nothing.
                Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                It´s possible that Bennet has the power to resist all mental attacks...

But it´s more likely that the black guy is doing all the heavy lifting here. Would be great to find out why he is working for Bennet.
                Because he is literally nothing without Mr. Bennet. We already know he has no independent thoughts of his own. He's like a human Kull Warrior.
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
                  I thought the same thing. Sylar + aneurysm = plottwist!

The Haitian's powers all seem to be very 0-ish to me...all of them that we've seen are something to nothing(persuasion to no persuasion, thoughts to no thoughts, etc.), and when Matt heard his thoughts he heard nothing.

Because he is literally nothing without Mr. Bennet. We already know he has no independent thoughts of his own. He's like a human Kull Warrior.
                  it's possible that Bennet made a offer to him similar to the one he made to Eden. a chance to use his powers to do some good. Bennet may just be doing his job, similar to the way the the US Marshals in "the Fugutive" were doing there's. His orders are probably to neutralize threats and make sure the situation stays under the publics radar. you notice he hasn't killed or harmed anyone when it can be avoided. Matt and Ted are still alive. He could have killed or imprisoned the them but he let them go after wiping their memories.
                  Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath View Post
                    it's possible that Bennet made a offer to him similar to the one he made to Eden. a chance to use his powers to do some good. Bennet may just be doing his job, similar to the way the the US Marshals in "the Fugutive" were doing there's. His orders are probably to neutralize threats and make sure the situation stays under the publics radar. you notice he hasn't killed or harmed anyone when it can be avoided. Matt and Ted are still alive. He could have killed or imprisoned the them but he let them go after wiping their memories.
                    I think after enhancing their abilities, he didn't need them. Perhaps, he may offer Sylar a chance to work with him if he(Bennet) enhances his(Sylar's) abilites. Sylar agrees and they test out his newly enhanced powers on Eden. Thus she dies.
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                      I was a pretty good episode. I always wondered how Nathan's wife going injured. I always assumed that Niki and her husband weren't that close through out the marriage (mainly because of him being in jail). Too bad we didn't learn how Issac first discovered his powers.
                      We saw that in Issac's First Time, a webcomic that is still available at http://www.nbc.com/heroes

As for Nikki's powers, it doesn't seem like Jessica is inhabiting her body. They obviously have different physical bodies. Jessica has the tatoo but Niki does not. If it were mere possession bother would have the tatoo. Also, Niki has never demonstrated any super strength.

My theory, Niki's power is a form of extra-dimensional teleportation, similar to how Nightcrawler can teleport by taking a shortcut through the Darkforce Dimension. Mirrors simply serve as convenient portals. When she was 11 she saw her father strangling her sister and wanted to stop it. The unfortunate result was that she half-teleported her sister, leaving her stuck in this mirror-dimension. The father sobers up, notices that there is no body, and simply assumes that he burred her somewhere and can't remember it. In grief and remorse he turns himself in for the murder. Even without a body, the evidence and his confession is more than enough to get him sent to prison. Meanwhile, Jessica grows up in the mirror world alongside Nikki who she is chained to due to Niki's powers. Occasionally, Niki will experience a stressful event and her powers will activate, allowing Niki and Jessica to trade places seamlessly.

Comment

Interesting theory, but I doubt the explanation is that complex. I think that Niki genuinely has a split personality. I think that Jessica was always the strong sister, protecting her as much as she could, and when Jessica died, and Niki no longer had a protecting, she created a second personality to protect herself - Jessica would always protect her, so in her mind Niki wasn't strong enough to defend herself. Over the years "Jessica" dwelled in her subconscious and festered, becoming something quite different than Niki's sister actually was. Also, note that "Jessica" only made herself known to Niki when it was no longer possible to stay hidden. For the bulk of her existence, "Jessica" seemed to want to let "Niki" live a normal life, only emerging when there was no other choice.

I think that the fact that the tattoo only appears when Jessica is in control is related to this. Jessica doesn't want Niki to know she's there, and if she has superhuman strength, who's to say she can't take a mark on the skin with her when she goes back into hiding? Plus which, if we are to infer that Bennet gave her that tattoo at some point, then he gave it to her when Jessica was emergent...which means the Haitian or Eden must be pretty powerful to be able to subude her long enough to run some tests, mark her, then wipe her memory...
                        Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                        I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                        What have these years left to me?
                        Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                          Interesting theory, but I doubt the explanation is that complex. I think that Niki genuinely has a split personality. I think that Jessica was always the strong sister, protecting her as much as she could, and when Jessica died, and Niki no longer had a protecting, she created a second personality to protect herself - Jessica would always protect her, so in her mind Niki wasn't strong enough to defend herself. Over the years "Jessica" dwelled in her subconscious and festered, becoming something quite different than Niki's sister actually was. Also, note that "Jessica" only made herself known to Niki when it was no longer possible to stay hidden. For the bulk of her existence, "Jessica" seemed to want to let "Niki" live a normal life, only emerging when there was no other choice.

I think that the fact that the tattoo only appears when Jessica is in control is related to this. Jessica doesn't want Niki to know she's there, and if she has superhuman strength, who's to say she can't take a mark on the skin with her when she goes back into hiding? Plus which, if we are to infer that Bennet gave her that tattoo at some point, then he gave it to her when Jessica was emergent...which means the Haitian or Eden must be pretty powerful to be able to subude her long enough to run some tests, mark her, then wipe her memory...
                          But Niki's normal life is threatened because she can't remember her father hitting her, just being away from her. As you said, if Jessica can take the tatoo with her, she probably could take the bruises as well. If HRG did take her, her powers wouldn't have been as strong as they are now and the Haitian and Eden wouldn't have to struggle that much to get her. Also, Sylar is pretty powerful and Haitian and Eden subdued him in like 2 minutes.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic View Post
                            Also, Sylar is pretty powerful and Haitian and Eden subdued him in like 2 minutes.
                            after he fell a few feet from the top of a building with no regen power.

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
                              after he fell a few feet from the top of a building with no regen power.
                              True. I think "few" is more like "twenty" feet. It's at least 2 stories high.

Comment

hehe not good with feet since we use meters in australia

Comment

Working...
                                X