Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A theory on Sylar and Peter's powers (S4 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope that Peter and Sylar's abilities are natural. That they weren't given their powers. That would ruin things for me a bit.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

so far i believe that peter and sylar's ability are natural, there's been a pattern that power is hereditary and related. Matt and his father;s ability are the same. We have been told that Nathan has artificial powers, so with the gene therapy he can fly while the rest of the males in his family can either steal, absorb, or understand others powers so much they can take it for their own. It may hold true for Kaito and Hiro as well since we dont know Kaito's ability.

And as for Peter i think he can absorb abilities but cant use all of them to the fullest until he knows about it. With Parkman's ability he could screw with a lot of people but when he tries he isn't as potent, possibly because he doesn't know his full potential. With Claire's immortality/invincibility thing I'm not so sure, Adam Monroe seemed quite adamant that a shot to the head would kill him (possibly because Adam and Claire's power differ slightly or Adam only figured that he never met a healing person before)
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
        .... Peter might as well let Sylar take his brain for examination too, giving Sylar the Mimic ability....
        That's probably how Sylar will fight Arthur. Syler could have his own abilities, then copy all of Arthurs. It'd probably give him too many powers and overload him so has to start over blank again for the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          so far i believe that peter and sylar's ability are natural, there's been a pattern that power is hereditary and related. Matt and his father;s ability are the same. We have been told that Nathan has artificial powers, so with the gene therapy he can fly while the rest of the males in his family can either steal, absorb, or understand others powers so much they can take it for their own. It may hold true for Kaito and Hiro as well since we dont know Kaito's ability.

And as for Peter i think he can absorb abilities but cant use all of them to the fullest until he knows about it. With Parkman's ability he could screw with a lot of people but when he tries he isn't as potent, possibly because he doesn't know his full potential. With Claire's immortality/invincibility thing I'm not so sure, Adam Monroe seemed quite adamant that a shot to the head would kill him (possibly because Adam and Claire's power differ slightly or Adam only figured that he never met a healing person before)
          not sure if it's canon, but from a season 2 deleted scene, we discover that kaito's power was being able to understand any problem or something, which is why he was so good in business. there was a cool cg effect which proved that the scene was taken out fairly last minute, with him looking at the stock pages in a newspaper and all the information moving around in an example of his ability to understand how the stocks will do etc.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

meredith and clint have the abilities to throw flames, and they are brother and sister so this further supports my theory. Claire on the other hand does not support the theory as much, but the fact that Nathan is her father and he was given artificial abilities my explain the unrelatedness of her and her parents powers. (same goes with DL, Nikki and Micha)

Comment

meredith and clint have the abilities to throw flames, and they are brother and sister so this further supports my theory. Claire on the other hand does not support the theory as much, but the fact that Nathan is her father and he was given artificial abilities my explain the unrelatedness of her and her parents powers. (same goes with DL, Nikki and Micha)
              Maybe Meredith and Clint have/had one parent with abilities and one without.
              Meredith and Nathan may mix up the power pool so that Claire's expressed power could go on a tangent.

With the writing on the show, I wouldn't be surprised (though a little depressed) to find that Linderman is Meredith's father (passing healing into Claire), or Parkman is related to the Patrelli's and everyone with powers is more related than they are now. Seems suspicious that Parkman/Angela's powers are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                Meredith and Nathan may mix up the power pool so that Claire's expressed power could go on a tangent.

With the writing on the show, I wouldn't be surprised (though a little depressed) to find that Linderman is Meredith's father (passing healing into Claire), or Parkman is related to the Patrelli's and everyone with powers is more related than they are now. Seems suspicious that Parkman/Angela's powers are similar.
                Parkman has Telepathy, with an occurance of precognition due to either the Powerpaste or proxying through African Isaac's powers. Or both.

Angela has some sort of Precognitive dreaming, or much more likely Astral Projection through dreams. Being able to project herself when sleeping to the past, present or future, and appear to other's in their dreams (or dream like state). Through this, she can project herself vision to the future, take a glimpse of what is to come, and her brain takes these images and incorperates it into her dreams, thus why most of her dreams appear to be symbolic in nature.

You could argue that the Haitian is related to Parkman, as both possess Mental Powers (I wouldn't be suprised if Parkman develops Memory-Wiping powers if he continues to advance).

Just because the powers are similar, doesn't mean they have to be related. Loads of people have Sickle Cell Anemia, sure they're are probably related on a large scale, and all share a common descendant, but they wont be that direcrtly related.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post

parkman has exactly the same powers as his dad. the way i see it, most powers are hereditary, ie sylar and peter getting power taking abilities like their dad, peters ability enhanced by his mothers power, except the artificial powers which manifest differently with everybody hence why claire and nathan have powers different from thier relatives.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    parkman has exactly the same powers as his dad. the way i see it, most powers are hereditary, ie sylar and peter getting power taking abilities like their dad, peters ability enhanced by his mothers power, except the artificial powers which manifest differently with everybody hence why claire and nathan have powers different from thier relatives.
                    Shouldn't Claire have either Flying or Pyrokinesis then?

Elle should have Alchemy. Though we don't know who her mother may be.

Micah should have Phasing or Super Stregnth. Or even Ability Augmentation. DL should have Ability Augmentation too.

Molly should have Cytokinesis, if James possessed it.

There's equal cases where powers haven't been transmitted exactly through heredity, different powers emerging for descendants.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

Micah should have Phasing or Super Stregnth. Or even Ability Augmentation. DL should have Ability Augmentation too.

There's equal cases where powers haven't been transmitted exactly through heredity, different powers emerging for descendants.
                      i think you missed something i said, about artificial powers manifesting differently, the only times we have not seen link with relatives is when we either don't know both parents, or when artificial powers come into play.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      Quotes!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                        only Meredith seemed to have had natural abilities since clint has the same ability, pointing to her ability running through family lines. But from what we've seen abilities seem to pass paternally where the father's ability is then given to the child. Since Nathan had an artificial ability his genes may allow his offspring to manifest but the new power will be random.

Elle was adopted by bob if i remember correctly

same as claire, Nikki had artificial power given by Dr.Zimmerman and the way Linderman said in the past that he planned their lives makes me think he gave DL his ability as well.

who is james?

if you look at it a little some paterns show, they may or may not be canon but it just seems that, in their world, doing certain things will lead to a predictable outcome where as the show has gone on they feel more inclined to make things happen in a certain way.

Comment

Elle was adopted by bob if i remember correctly
                          Fan theory. No proof either way.

who is james?
                          Molly's dad, the frozen guy eating his dinner.

Comment

Arthur- Takes away abilities and uses them to his own gain
                            Angela- precog dreaming
                            nathan- artificial gene - flying man
                            peter- absorbs abilities similar to his father
                            syalr/gabe- able to transfer power to himself yet comes at a price of understanding and hunger

since males where all born, it suggests its taken the arthur blood line and came out with all something similar apart from nathan, which the shows tells us arthur was dissapointed and given nathan artifical powers
                            nathan + meredith gave birth to claire (theory - nathan artificial ability was still not able to develop and meredith is likely the naturally born ability and when both genes came together, they did not compute and since they're different strains shanti virus, claire blood was able to fortify the antibodys to kill the shanti virus, maybe the same was to inject nathan and a regenative blood lets say adam since being locked away for how many years fortified the injection in nathan and once making a baby with meredith, her natural gene got jiggy with nathans gene and it worked so much the healing power took over and gave it to claire)

meredith-pyrokinsis
                            flint- pyrokinsis

parkman- telepathy like his father
                            murray- telepathy

maya- plaque giver
                            alexomango- plaque storage device

niki - super strength artificial
                            D.L- phase likely given by the company
                            micah- techniopathic byproduct of the artificial genes

due to angela precog dream they had to get nikki with DL to make micah to rig the machine for nathan to win the election so they had to give nikki + her sisters the gene and D.L aswell and let the futre play out for micah

thats what i think anyway all just theory i miss some things out so ..

after watching its coming episode about claire i say yhh
                            Last edited by wise one; 20 November 2008, 10:32 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I now officially concede on this theory. Now that we've seen Sylar use Peter's exact ability in It's Coming, I'd say it's become pretty well established that there is an inherited lineage to the natural powers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X