No announcement yet.

The Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmmm to change the topic a little... a thought occurred to me. with the hatian being able to turn off powers, can he turn off claire and adam's power too??

if indeed the power stems from parts of their brains, surely the hatian could turn that power off too right?

Comment

They've already crossed a line in the show that makes anything they do irrelevant. They've introduced the reset button. They've disregarded their previous rules and made up new ones. The evolution was supposed to be in the brain, now it's in the blood, too? I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Isaac again, or D.L. or Linderman. All they have to do is introduce some back story where the company showed up shortly after their death, such as Linderman's, and carted him off to their facility where they brought him back to life with Adam's blood and he's back on the show. It's ridiculous.

Don't count ANYBODY out as far as returning to the show. As much as I like the show, it's jumped the shark. I can't take it seriously anymore. It doesn't even follow the rules it set in the first season.

Comment

This whole discussion is stupid. Heroes is a TV show, fiction, nothing more. You can't apply molecular biology or genetics to explain the things done in a TV show. Just watch it for entertainment and stop thinking on how is flight, regeneration, telekinesis, etc, possible for the heroes. It is pointless anyway

Comment

Originally posted by drake122 View Post
          This whole discussion is stupid. Heroes is a TV show, fiction, nothing more. You can't apply molecular biology or genetics to explain the things done in a TV show. Just watch it for entertainment and stop thinking on how is flight, regeneration, telekinesis, etc, possible for the heroes. It is pointless anyway
          You're right, it's fiction. A TV show for entertainment. Fine. How about Heroes can now create magical rainbows and surf them to get where they want to go? Who cares, it's just a fiction tv show, right? Who cares if it makes any sense whatsoever? Even though it's fiction, it has a set of rules it established in the first season. Now, they are re-writing the rules with disregard. But who cares, because it's fiction. Nobody wants to watch something that makes SENSE (in the context of the show), because again, it's just a made up story on TV. Maybe the characters should just start talking in pig latin or just jibberish, because TV shows are just fictional stories made up by people.

If you're going to expect me to dedicate an hour a week, or 26 hours a year to your product, the least you can do is provide me with something that makes sense within the context of the very rules that YOU'VE already established.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
            You're right, it's fiction. A TV show for entertainment. Fine. How about Heroes can now create magical rainbows and surf them to get where they want to go? Who cares, it's just a fiction tv show, right? Who cares if it makes any sense whatsoever? Even though it's fiction, it has a set of rules it established in the first season. Now, they are re-writing the rules with disregard. But who cares, because it's fiction. Nobody wants to watch something that makes SENSE (in the context of the show), because again, it's just a made up story on TV. Maybe the characters should just start talking in pig latin or just jibberish, because TV shows are just fictional stories made up by people.

If you're going to expect me to dedicate an hour a week, or 26 hours a year to your product, the least you can do is provide me with something that makes sense within the context of the very rules that YOU'VE already established.
            It seems I do not share your... obsession with TV shows and their stories.

I only watch shows that I find worth it. So far, Heroes is quite enjoyable for me. Now, if the creators decide to implement something really crazy or disturbing into it I will simply stop watching and move along. No big deal. Works for me, you can make it work for you too.

Comment

Doesn't real world science usually follow Sci-Fi science?

Comment

It seems I do not share your... obsession with TV shows and their stories.

I only watch shows that I find worth it. So far, Heroes is quite enjoyable for me. Now, if the creators decide to implement something really crazy or disturbing into it I will simply stop watching and move along. No big deal. Works for me, you can make it work for you too.
                It has nothing to do with obsession, and everything to do with what little time I have to spend watching tv. I have time to watch maybe 4 1/2 hours of TV a week. I watch:

Heroes
                Prison Break
                Supernatural
                Stargate Atlantis
                The Office

TV shows I wish I had time to watch

Smallville
                Bionic Woman
                The Unit
                Journeyman
                Cold Case
                Eureka
                Criminal Minds
                Bones

Thank God 24, Lost, and BSG haven't started yet.

Now, I'll continue to watch Heroes, because I still enjoy it. However, if they keep re-writing rules and it gets more and more ridiculous, it won't interest me anymore, and at that point I could have spent my valuable time enjoying one of the many other shows on my list that I don't have time for.

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
                  hmmmmm to change the topic a little... a thought occurred to me. with the hatian being able to turn off powers, can he turn off claire and adam's power too??

if indeed the power stems from parts of their brains, surely the hatian could turn that power off too right?
                  I've wondered that myself from time to time as well. Makes sense that he would if you think about it.....

I also wonder if the Haitian can selectively target out people and only cancel their powers out if he wants, or if he just creates a big, involuntary "no power zone" around him... but that's for another conversation

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                    Doesn't real world science usually follow Sci-Fi science?
                    yeah, with a lag of about 100 years.

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                    It has nothing to do with obsession, and everything to do with what little time I have to spend watching tv. I have time to watch maybe 4 1/2 hours of TV a week. I watch:

Whatever suits you...

Comment

i guess the question is if it can destroy virus cells, for that matter can it kill bacteria?
                      i think if Clair got cancer Cellular regeneration would make it worse because cancer causes cells to multiply rapidliy, resulting in tumors. With cellular regeneration any attempt to destroy those tumors would prove futile.
                      I could be wrong though.
                      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                      sigpic

Comment

i guess the question is if it can destroy virus cells, for that matter can it kill bacteria?
                        i think if Clair got cancer Cellular regeneration would make it worse because cancer causes cells to multiply rapidliy, resulting in tumors. With cellular regeneration any attempt to destroy those tumors would prove futile.
                        I could be wrong though.
                        If she can stave off a virus, then this implies she has a highly advanced immune system, in which case she can deal with pretty much anything you toss at her, cancer included. But keep in mind that hereditary cancer is the result of bad genes, the heroes are the next step in evolution, they have better genes than the rest of us, so would likely only gain cancer through environmental factors.

And yes this IS fiction, just a show, but come ON, if you are going to have a show that obeys MOST scientific rules, why not others? Where do you draw the line and say "factor X is going to be scientifically plausible, but factor Y is going to be whatever we want it to be"?
                        Last edited by Dusk; 27 November 2007, 01:12 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                          If she can stave off a virus, then this implies she has a highly advanced immune system, in which case she can deal with pretty much anything you toss at her, cancer included. But keep in mind that hereditary cancer is the result of bad genes, the heroes are the next step in evolution, they have better genes than the rest of us, so would likely only gain cancer through environmental factors.

And yes this IS fiction, just a show, but come ON, if you are going to have a show that obeys MOST scientific rules, why not others? Where do you draw the line and say "factor X is going to be scientifically plausible, but factor Y is going to be whatever we want it to be"?
                          Spoiler:
                          If you watched last nights episode "Truth & Consquences" 2x10, Claire isn't immune to the Shanti Virus, her blood coupled with Mohinder's antibodies from his blood can create a cure for the Shanti Virus.

Comment

I said this in another thread early today,
                            For all we know Clair's blood might not be a definite end all cure though. Sorry to through X-men at you guys, but after Warren Worthington aka Archangel discoered his healing abilities from his second mutation, he used his blood to heal quite a few people, however, his blood couldn't revive everyone, there were factors like blood type and the Rh factor that had to be taken into account. Clair's blood could have similar, if not the same, abilities. But you should always consult a doctor before using Clair's blood, do not use the blood if you are pregnant, over 35, or are currently smoking. Clair's blood may not be right for every one and could cause harmful side effects, such as falling from 20 stories up, loss and regrowth of the baby toe, surviving car crashes at 70mph, and Chronic anul leakage and darkening of the stool. If you experience these symptoms please contact The Company.
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X