No announcement yet.

Helix (Ron Moore) - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we know how many episodes have been commisioned, are we having a mid season break or is it a full run in one go?

Comment

13 episodes i believe
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

13, ok so is that it, 13 and thats that or is it a 13 episode tester to see how it goes before they sign off on more I wonder..

Comment

Yeah we don't know yet, i think its going to be a 1 and done kind of deal
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            Yeah we don't know yet, i think its going to be a 1 and done kind of deal
            I doubt they intended it to be limited run or we'd have heard that. But it does seem like that may be the case after all.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I suppose a 1 and done would make more fianacial sense as theres no actors wanting more money or no show and all the rest of it, 13 episodes you can pretty much show in one go and it be done, wonder if we'll see more of this sort of TV from SyFy if Helix pans out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                Yeah, I think a second season is probably a long shot. But Syfy isn't looking for the same numbers network television looks for. And they've lost some other original programming. And the new head of the network is pushing hard for original content. So, I guess it's possible. We'll certainly see.
                But he also looking for new content which will get the wider media attention and create a GaT or Walking Dead type following, an I am sure he wouldn't mind Walking Dead rating either. That not going to be helix, not unless it suddenly ups it quality for the next series in every area. I'm betting he aiming for shows like Orphan black through, a dedicated fan base, an strong media interest and following in the show that goes beyond science fiction magazines/website.

The producers and writers have admitted they struggle to come up with enough story for the first season, which is why we got the love triangle, an frankly there are already signs that the writers are running out of ideas.

Personally I hope this is a one season show. The universe they have created is just not that exciting, though it could have been, especially if they made it from the start about a battle between 500 immortals or ultra long live humans trying impose their control on to the human race, the current storyline would just be one of several ongoing storylines about battles taking place across the globe against this group.
                Last edited by knowles2; 21 March 2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Personally, I kind of hope we get another season. Overall, I have really enjoyed this show.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

WeEll given theres only a few episodes left perhaps it'll be a cliff hanger?

Comment

I hope that the show gets another season, but if not then it better not end on a cliffhanger

I'd be ok with an ending that has them escaping from the arctic but doesn't solve everything with Ilaria corporation and the grey eyes. That way at least there is some kind of closure to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                        WeEll given theres only a few episodes left perhaps it'll be a cliff hanger?
                        There is only one more episode left

Comment

Originally posted by TheRandomOne View Post
                          There is only one more episode left
                          I'm in the UK, we're a bit behind..

Comment

Yay! Helix has been renewed!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...y-syfy/248888/
                            sigpic

Comment

^ damn you beat me to it

I did not see it being renewed but oh well, i'm still not sold on this how yet but i don't hate it so i'm sticking with it, i'll probably be back for season 2
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

^

I like it a lot, even though there are certain things about the show that annoy me. I find the plot interesting, I like most of the characters, and I think it's fun to watch. It's got a weirdness about it that I really like lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X