Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
    where did you found it?

and one general question to Monroe's sentence when Nick and Hank go to his house: "Boy, do we have trouble right here in River City." As they are in Portland and not in River City, I assume this is a quote. Anyone knows where it has been taken from?
    It's from "The Music Man", an old musical. There are some businesses in town that refer to themselves as "River City" whatever, though. (Like River City Bicycles)

Also, that was our real mayor (though I see he ditched his usual hipster glasses for the role) at the press conference.
    Last edited by Callista; 03 November 2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

where did you found it?

At LJ where we are also discussing the episode.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Oh, regarding the spare bedroom: This being Portland and all, that's probably where Nick and Juliette have their marijuana farm set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
          It's from "The Music Man", an old musical. There are some businesses in town that refer to themselves as "River City" whatever, though. (Like River City Bicycles)

Also, that was our real mayor (though I see he ditched his usual hipster glasses for the role) at the press conference.
          Thanks!

your mayor seems to like it to be on TV I heard
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The music man has a whole song about 'we got trouble, right here in river city, right here, starts with p, rhymes with T and it stands for pool'.....it's when the con man is trying to convince the town to buy into his whole 'start a boys band' con.

and the town is river city iowa

so pop culture reference. akin to 'there's no place like home' or 'we need a bigger boat'

and sure, there should be other bedrooms in the house, but do they have beds? I mean our house has 4 bedrooms...and we got 2 beds cause there are two people.

I think, in the denial nick is in, he just can't go out and gt that roll away and keeps hoping to end his exile on the couch
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              and sure, there should be other bedrooms in the house, but do they have beds? I mean our house has 4 bedrooms...and we got 2 beds cause there are two people.

I think, in the denial nick is in, he just can't go out and gt that roll away and keeps hoping to end his exile on the couch
              Mh, interesting. I'm all alone and have ... three beds. Maybe I should lend one to Nick *just kidding*. My problem is more about the blankets and the pillows

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Why exaclty is Juliette looking for Adalind?

Does she want to ask her about her cat? or if she's the cause of her amnesia? can't really imagine what she would tell her if she really was able to contact her.

guess we're going to see it next episodes
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Why exaclty is Juliette looking for Adalind?

Does she want to ask her about her cat? or if she's the cause of her amnesia? can't really imagine what she would tell her if she really was able to contact her.

guess we're going to see it next episodes
                  She may be wanting to know if Adalind knows anything about what happened to her or how things went with her cat since Juliette doesn't know how the animal got along.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                    She may be wanting to know if Adalind knows anything about what happened to her or how things went with her cat since Juliette doesn't know how the animal got along.
                    can be

btw, your avi/signature is beautiful but do you really wait for it all year? for me this is the period of year where I start to get sort of depressed
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                      Could be ... Nick mentioned that cat very often in front of her, trying to explain to her, that the cat was the reason for the koma. Maybe Juliette is digging now because of what that woman in 2.09 said to her?
                      BTW, what the heck happened to the bowl Nick took out of Adalind's apartment? Where is that thing? Maybe they can find an answer there - well, after two month maybe not longer ...

@ mi_guard:
                      Are you kidding me? Fall and winter are the best seasons of the year! Especially when the winter turns out really cold and is full of snow like the one we had two years ago. And fall ... I love the colored leaves, this special smell, the stormwinds coming in, yeah, sometimes also the rain, depends on what I want to do . I love to watch the sky in fall, when the clouds are rolling in ... there's so much I love about autumn ... *dreamy sigh*
                      Well, maybe it's mostly because I cannot stand the sun (actinic dermatitis), so I'm living a little ... weird life, am a lot outside during the winter, hiking, walking, whatever, and have to stay inside the house during summertime.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

can be

btw, your avi/signature is beautiful but do you really wait for it all year? for me this is the period of year where I start to get sort of depressed
                        Yeah, I do wait for it all year. I hate summer; spring's okay, but I loathe summer. I like winter but where I live (a desert) winter and fall are pretty much the same thing. I'm depressed pretty much 24-7 so I don't notice a difference in mood; actually I tend to be a bit happier in fall/winter because it's colder out.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

I am a little late this time, I was gone for a weekend (a convention ).
                          I liked it. Finally a good, solid episode with some Grimm background and mythology and I loved, LOVED Nick. I love how the writers push him further and further to the edge and I think he is losing it. The way he ran after the guy in the beginning, and how he sneaked into the house of the other one? Yep, Grimm inside.
                          I am beginning to think if we actually see the "Grimm going from puberty into a maturity" sort of a thing? You know, like Nick finding out only a year ago, discovering his inner demons and he doesn´t really know how to fight it (because, it is in his genes and blood, that´s hard to fight)? He didn´t really have a teacher, only Monroe helping him to get through. Now, when Nick is more self confident and is able to do a stuff on his own, he could slip in the future.

I agree with Hydara that Hank doesn´t trust Nick as he used to. I think he knows that Nick tries not to be bad but with proves of what his ancestors did, watching his behaviour, even his "it doesn´t mean that when he is a wessen, he is guilty" meant more than it could seem. I think the way he goes almost anywhere Nick goes, shows how he is there to stop Nick from doing something he would regret later. Honestly, I believed for a second that Nick was gonna kill Ryan the moment he started yelling at him about not being a Grimm. Ryan as wesen (if he was actually a wesen) was really scary btw.
                          But "the twist" about Ryan being the killer wasn´t that surprising. Another story where I saw it coming from the beginning. Writers should try to hide their intentions a little bit more

I liked how "local Wesen" were mentioned because it seems that not all Wesen know about Nick (judging by the many wesen he encountered, who are still surprised by him being a Grimm) but there seems to be a community that trusts (or tries to trust) him. I was actually a little worried for Bud for a while. He is such a great supporting character (another wesen than Monroe and Rosalee who we saw more times, and who is on Nick´s side) but I was afraid they were gonna use him in the "nobody is safe" way.

I am afraid Hank or Juliette will be gone at the end of the season. They will need a push to get Nick to his inner "Grimm".
                          And I am beginning to think it will be Juliette. Writers pushed themselves into a corner with this Renard/Juliette thing. I still think it was a great twist to a classical "prince charming" story, but now I also starting to dislike Juliette´s behaviour. They have no idea what to do with her. If I was in her place, I would try to find out as much as I could about what is happening. She should try to find out why she remembers everything but Nick (she keeps asking but never tries to get an answer), she stopped the woman in the last episode to tell her more, she is confused about Renard...she started a little digging (with Adelind) but that´s not enough imo.
                          The only smart thing for writers (and Nick) to do is to tell her a complete truth because it would actually make sense at this point. Why didn´t Nick tell her yet is beyond me.
                          And I have a feeling he will A) start sleeping in a trailer from next episode (I was also curious about the guest bedroom but I think it is actually possible they don´t have one), B) Nick will know about Renard at the end of the next episode, or episode 12.

Not enough Monroe and only one short scene with Nick and Monroe. I know that in police cases, he doesn´t have much to offer but this was (almost) purely a Grimm story, they should have tried to involve him more.

Two episodes left this year? I was hoping they would go just with a small break over Christmas Let´s hope we won´t have to wait for new episodes til June or so
                          Last edited by Klenotka; 05 November 2012, 01:17 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Mh ... seriously? I think it will be Hank. I have no idea why but from the point now ... I could go along with Juliette ending up with Sean, with strong jaws but ... I would buy it. Hank on the other side ... he's getting more and more involved in something he has, besides Nick as being his partner, no real interest in. And after watching the trailer for the next (two) episodes I have an idea, with what they will probably coming up with. And ... I'm still suspicious why Russell is not longer listed as second main-character at IMdB. Sure, IMdB is sometimes not well informed but this gives me something to think about .
                            Ryan was a Wesen. Now it's official (or as official as it could be before NBC will update the Grimm-journal) at the Grimm-Wiki, just saw it today. Ryan's a Lebensauger (Lifesucker). And, funny, the only one I thought Nick wouldn't kill was really Ryan. Don't know why ...

Interesting point of view with your "getting more Grimm", and I think you are right. Nick isn't completely at his edge, there are some more triggers they have to push before he will completely lose control - and I think this could happen, especially when Adalind is back in town and trying something bad on Nick and/or the ones who are still close to him. And, just as I saw in the trailer, Nick isn't that nice guy anymore, also when it comes down to Juliette (yelling - more or less - "who is it?" isn't very nice in my opinion ).

BTW: Talking about the trailer ... anyone noticed Monroe there? Seems like he will be spend some time with Nick *yay!* and he's definetely involved in ONE fight *bounces*
                            Last edited by Hyndara71; 05 November 2012, 04:02 PM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

I hope it´s not Hank. He is now apparently the only one who can keep Grimm Nick relatively harmless. I can´t imagine what could happen if Nick should lose him now.

I rewatched the episode (when I saw it on Monday, it was about 2 hours after I got home so I wasn´t too focused on that). And I have a few more things that I liked.
                              The scene with Ryan was VERY intense, I loved acting of both of them.
                              But what I absolutely loved was the scene in Monroe´s house, where explains the history about Grimms murdering Wesen. All three actors/characters were perfect. Nick was so sad, ashamed and angry, that he actually kept looking into the ground. I thought it was as if he was worried and ashamed to look into Monroe´s (and Hank´s) eyes. Monroe, with his typical excitement, gave the lecture, without realizing how much it was painful for Nick (he knows it, obviously, but it seems that his mouth is sometimes faster than his mind). For Hank, it was just another Wesen history lesson and he also probably even didn´t realize how painful it must have been for Nick who is more and more aware that his ancestors (and contemporary "relatives") were/are cold-blooded killers.
                              It was really perfect. More scenes like that.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                Two episodes left this year? I was hoping they would go just with a small break over Christmas Let´s hope we won´t have to wait for new episodes til June or so
                                I hope its just a short break. I hate that shows stop around christmas time .
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X