• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twelve Days of Krampus (308)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    TWELVE DAYS OF KRAMPUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 308
    After a string of delinquent teens go missing, an old Wesen tale of an evil Santa who brings more than just a lump of coal may be the prime suspect. The investigation intensifies as Nick and Hank take things a little too far. (NBC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 December 2013, 09:42 PM.

another good episode. I liked that Rosalee and Juliette had a scene which shows they are becoming friends. And Monroe with his over the top decorations. And the part with Nick and Hank beating up Santa lol.

The fight between Krampus and Nick was good and another gray moment for Nick. It seemed that his turning back to a zombie for a second gave him the strength to knock him out. I wonder if I was the only one who was hoping that Nick would kill him at the end (have him not turn out to be a human of course) and him act the way his ancestors would.

edit: i forgot it was great to see Bud
    Last edited by blueray; 14 December 2013, 07:31 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I wasn't too surprised about the link between the Krampus and Santa, since a lot of it (lashing naughty kids with sticks, taking them away in a bag and leaving a lump of coal) is familiar to me from Saint Nicholas and his helper. What we (in my country) see as his helper is the Krampus in Germany, only ours has become nicer over the centuries He's usually the one throwing around candy and leaving gifts for the good children, but in all the songs it's still said he'll beat you with a stick, throw you in a bag and take you back to Spain with him if you're naughty (and instead of hanging stockings we set a shoe in front of the chimney a few days before and if you've been good you'll get a present/sweets but if you've been naughty there'll be a bag of a salt and/or lump of coal in the morning)...

So, it was really nice to see this incorporated into Grimm. I wonder what the Council with do with him now and if he's the only one, or if there'll be another one next year and the following years?

I also liked the focus on Rosalee and Monroe here and it was great to see Bud again.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It was interesting that they brought up the internal conflict Nick was having with the bar fight and brought it forward to Krampus (at the end) with everyone pushing him and as he weighted his grimm role. Nick is going to be well known to the Council.

I loved Renard in the meeting and stating that he has a grimm. Yay, sounds like he and Nick will have forward momentum in this soon. Wu was funny, poor baby, tough episode for him. I love the humor of Hank and Wu. Nick has the more serious role and his humor is more rare and subtle which makes it even funnier with his casual delivery. Hank and Nick have developed this non-verbal communication when Nick uses his grimm senses. Watching Nick use his special hearing and how he has mastered the undead state for action is awesome...want to see more of this.

Completely shallow...Sasha looked great in that sweater. In the previous episode, Nick and Hank in the trailer was another great scene.

Yay, Bud surfaced in this episode. Love this actor and character.

I do want Nick to go full-on explosive Grimm somewhere down the line!!!

Comment

Loved the Episode and it managed to hit close to home. The Decorations, Vienna Sängerknaben, the Krampus and of course Vienna if even just Glimpses. It was nice having this in one of my Favorite shows, though the Actors they have to speak German are across the field. Hans and Renard are very good, I got no problems understanding them. The rest however gave me a headache trying to understand what they are saying.

Is there a Term for what the writers are doing with Adalind? I mean she just appears to be filler, appearing mysterious while saying most times nothing at all. In the beginning of the Season I could still accept her Storyline since there was some sense in it. Now its just, Wackjob pregnant Women rubbing blood on her Belly and not being concerned at all that it sickers in and takes the form of a Skull and Spider. Thats totally normal and healthy for her Baby.

Its great to see the Team gaining some Dynamic and connect between each other. Hank and Nick make a great Team now and Hank has come a long way since he completly freaked about the Wesen thing. He just knows now when Nick sees or hears something he doesnt and goes with it.

Originally posted by kathy-a View Post
          Completely shallow...Sasha looked great in that sweater.
          You are not alone, he looked hot and I kind of got a Crush on the Actor now.
          Last edited by tomstone; 14 December 2013, 11:03 PM.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I am (pleasently) surprised how they moved the storyline around Renard and Adelind Nick won´t be too happy about Renard talking about him like "I have a Grimm" but I guess he will help since they both want the same thing.

We don´t really have Santa here (oh, they tried hard to sell it here but we resisted ) so I don´t find it that creepy but I liked the idea of a "season wesen". Second time Nick wrote something into the book.

I thought the first Christmas for Monroe and Rosalee was great idea and it is that small stuff, details that make shows like this work. Small character details - dealing with a normal problem.
            But to be fair - Monroe´s decoration really is overkill I love how Monroes geeks over things but his geeking over things which are barely 80 years old is cute. I don´t think 80 years old thing is an old thing

And thanks God the break won´t be that long this time. I hope there won´t be many breaks until the end of the season

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'm glad that it isn't that long too. I wonder if there will be a break for the Olympics though.

I too liked Monroe's sweater
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                We don´t really have Santa here (oh, they tried hard to sell it here but we resisted ) so I don´t find it that creepy but I liked the idea of a "season wesen". Second time Nick wrote something into the book.
                I got to say I find it very interesting seeing that the Krampus apparently changes per Region. At least from Austria I was always used to the Nikolaus going from Door to Door to hand out sweets and Gifts, while the Krampus was always with him ready to scold the naughty ones. I even got a lumb of cole once, lucky he didn´t bag me to eat me Later.

So doesnt Nikolaus count as Santa? If I am not wrong they are based on the same Figure. But you are right, Santa per se does not exist. Hope there are no Kids reading this.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                I too liked Monroe's sweater
                Actually we were talking about Renards when they had the meeting, but still gotta say that one is nice as well.
                Last edited by tomstone; 15 December 2013, 02:12 PM.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                  I got to say I find it very interesting seeing that the Krampus apparently changes per Region. At least from Austria I was always used to the Nikolaus going from Door to Door to hand out sweets and Gifts, while the Krampus was always with him ready to scold the naughty ones. I even got a lumb of cole once, lucky he didn´t bag me to eat me Later.

So doesnt Nikolaus count as Santa? If I am not wrong they are based on the same Figure. But you are right, Santa per se does not exist. Hope there are no Kids reading this.
                  I think those two are considered separate 'people', seeing as how much they (mostly Santa Claus, though) have changed over the years from Saint Nicholas' origin. In my country most people celebrate both, so we have lots of presents from St Nicholas at December fifth and then three weeks later we celebrate Christmas! In November St Nick arrives in the country and everything is decorated for him and his helpers and once the day after the actual celebration everything gets replaced by Christmas stuff and the Christmas trees come out
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Actually we were talking about Renards when they had the meeting, but still gotta say that one is nice as well.
                    oh, I always get the actors names confused.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't care too much for this episode. I am really getting sick of the "This one is ultra-rare" plot. I guess that is also my complaint for Cold Blooded as well. Why do 80% of the situations Nick runs into have to do with really rare wesen or rare occurrences?! What is so special about Portland that draws them there?! Oh yeah, it is a TV show and they think this is a drama device, so they're going to use it over and over again. It is Season Three and this is something they should have gotten a handle on in Season One.

My other complaint would be about the coal. If this guy is unknowingly a wesen from Utah then how and why would he have gotten access to coal from the North Pole? He transformed and walked there?! He transformed and somehow ordered it by mail?! And I don't want to hear it magically appeared. It just seems like another gaping plot hole.

I love the stuff in Austria, but WOW! is tomstone right - everything they do with Adalind just seems like filler. Why is she even a part of this show?!

But this episode is a winner because it featured a return of BUD ! ! ! ! !

Comment

Someone suggested on another board that maybe Nick is somehow unconsciously drawing them there. And it has something to do with a being a good hunter (at least the way his ansessors were).
                        sigpic

Comment

We actually don´t have anything like Krampus...we have Nikolaus as well - roughly three weeks before Christmas, Nicholas walks the streets, goes to schools etc. and if kid tells him a poem, a story or sings a song, they get sweets. But with Nicholas walks an angel and a devil. Devil gives coal and is there to scare the kids. I know that many people outside our country have a hard time to understand this since Devil is like an evil creature or antichrist or something. We are very atheistic here but in our modern fairy tales, devils were like...little devils, often funny, or scary but never really freaked kids out.
                          We also don´t have any representative for Christmas, we say "Jezisek" (baby Jesus), and it is left to kids imagination how they see him

So yeah, it seems to differ one region from another. I like how they are trying to use also other stories and tales from other countries than just old Grimm stories. I really hope they will learn Czech properly when it comes to it....

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

i barely got to watch this episode last night due to finals but this episode was very interesting. Krampus was just cool and seeing Nick Hank and Monroe debate the fate of Krampus and I wish they would've killed him because we don't know how long this guy has been host to Krampus and in the end they did the right thing by turning it over to the Wesen council

The Juliette and Rosalee scene was pretty nice.

I still don't trust Renard.

and Bud is always such as hoot.

Comment

Picspam with review are uploaded to my LJ

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                              Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic
                              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                              X