• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete EW panel vid with Mister G., Kit Harington and Matt Smith:

Brave young Warriors

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

^ I was just about to post that. I really enjoyed it . Though the youtube video I was watching skipped David's intro.
      sigpic

Comment

I have just watched this Hollywood Game Night thing with Mr. G. Darn, lost a bet with another Grimmster, now I have to pay a pizza for her.

Wondering when they shoot that show because he still had a bit of the Hexenbeard. Weird ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Hollywood Game Night season finale with Mr. G. Full screencaps with *hopeful* all his sillyness you can find at TeamGiuntoli's Gallery

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic

Comment

Hey! I get to give a con report! (I've never been to a con before, so this is new to me.)
            Yesterday at Rose City Comic Con, I went to David's panel. There are a few minor spoilers about season 3, but nothing new if you've already been reading the season 3 thread. Here's what I remember about what he was asked:

The wesen he would least like to run into in a dark alley is the schneetmacher. They've never had one on but when they refer to it it's in the context of: Yikes! This wesen is awful! But at least it's not a schneetmacher!!

If he had to be killed by a wesen he would take the spider lady because Amy Acker was gorgeous and if he's got to go, then at least he'd have that.

When asked who he liked to murder the most, he said it was the first guy he decapitated (I think...I didn't write this stuff down).

When asked which sci-fi/fantasy show he would most like Grimm to do a crossover with, he said: Elf

When asked which kind of wesen he'd be cast as (not which kind he'd want to be), he said he thinks one of the snake guys because of the shape of his face. He's noticed the casting people seem to cast guest actors based partially on face shape. Maybe so that they don't have to morph too far. He also sort of sees wesen all over the place now because he naturally looks at people's faces and jaw-lines and unconsciously does the same thing.

He liked filming the first couple of episodes this season because zombies don't talk much so he didn't have to learn very many lines.

He felt sorry for Bitsie last year because she had to act opposite a perfectly normal floor. She's happy now, though, because she gets to do the fun stuff with the rest of them (except Wu) now that Juliette knows everything.

He auditioned for Man of Steel. He made it past the first round because they basically wanted everyone with blue eyes and a cleft chin. He was out after the second round because then they wanted a "man-sized Man of Steel" and he's only 5'10"....occasionally. He said he used to say he was 5'10" and a half but that sounds kind of lame now that he's in his thirties.

He gets letters about the elephant "son" he adopted that include cute pictures of it peeking out from behind trees and stuff like that. David can't pronounce the elephant's name, though. He's really big on animal rights. (I think we already knew that!)

He likes riding his bike to work and to bars. He's not an avid cyclist or anything (and trust me there are really, really avid cyclists in Portland), he's just happy when he's on his bike.

He says Reggie does lots of research on stuff. They were driving around the other day and Reggie said: "Hey! That's the seminary that....."
            David: "What?"
            Reggie: "It's embarrassing."
            David: "No, what?"
            Reggie: "Well, I have a line I have to say later about a seminary student, so I Googled local seminaries and we just drove by the one I decided the guy goes to...."

When asked about his favorite wesen he said: "Why that would be the blutbad, of course."

Two girls asked him together about the duality of his character between Police-Nick and Nick who goes around dumping bodies in the river. After saying that they'd sort of deal with that right away this season (because of zombie Nick doing something really bad) the mediator guy commented it was nice that they'd asked the duality question together. David said it's because they know he's kind of simple-minded so it would help him understand the question to have two people asking it. Then he said he has a little feed in his ear so that someone on the other end could tell him what the big words meant. Then later, when someone used an obscure word, he stuck his finger in his ear and pretended he was listening to the feed before answering the question. (He was very cute and funny the whole time.)

A couple of girls asked for hugs, which he gave them, and then the mediator said no more hugs, so the next girl asked for a hand-shake, which he gave her. Another guy asked to show David a magic trick so he came up on stage. It was a pretty good card trick.

Another guy asked a long, rambling question about the spirituality of they show. He seemed pretty nervous so it was hard to understand the point of the question, but David said he thinks the Grimm is really seeing the darkness or potential of darkness in the wesen and where his ancestors would have just killed them all, Nick understands that everyone has those kinds of things inside of them so the wesen aren't all that different from the humans.

Someone asked if Nick would ever have to face off against regular human "bad-guys" and he says the writers have talked about that but it probably wouldn't happen for a couple more years.

The rest of the stuff was mostly Portland-centric. He has been approached about being on Portlandia and he really wants to but it's hard to find time in both shows' filming schedules when he could do it. (I would love it if he could be on that show!! It's hilarious!!)

Comment

Thanks for summarizing what happened. I'm glad that someone asked about the different sides of Nick. I do wish that someone at one of the conventions would ask about grimm powers, which is probably more a question for the writers.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                Thanks for summarizing what happened. I'm glad that someone asked about the different sides of Nick. I do wish that someone at one of the conventions would ask about grimm powers, which is probably more a question for the writers.
                Actually, he did mention that. He said he really liked it when Nick discovered he could suddenly do flip -kicks and stuff like that. He thinks it made Nick feel a lot more powerful. Sorry, I can't remember exactly what he said. I don't think it was anything we don't already know, though.

Comment

What would have been for interest for me would have been more for the PDXler: what if Mr. G. would have cancelled again?

Well, I hope you guys know how lucky you are. All around the world the people envy you for having that experience

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic

Comment

About the whumping - I think I'm definitely more of a h/c person.. I like hurting people but I also like to see them being taken care of afterwards.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                    What? No word about Mister Giuntoli's dramatic appeareance at the Bush-statium? I'm stunned ... NOT!
                    There was an appearance? It was dramatic?

Nick: I'm cute!
                    me: You are, but not that actor who's playing you *petsherNick*
                    Au contraire - the actor that's playing his is very cute/hot. I know that David rubbed you (and a lot of his fans) the wrong way but you don't have to like his personality to find the man hot/sexy/cute. Granted, most people think the beauty of a person is in their personality, heart and physical appearance but all we do is stare at pics so it's like the first two are a must

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                      About the whumping - I think I'm definitely more of a h/c person.. I like hurting people but I also like to see them being taken care of afterwards.
                      What i said, that's the part I like to skip. Probably a bit too much for my imagination, don't know.

There was an appearance? It was dramatic?
                      There was. Unfortunately my DVR skipped that part, or ESPN didn't send out the right signal or both. Whatever. Mr. G was at the Bush Stadium to have the first pitch at the opening ceremony. Whatever they have registered, the ball seemed to have pretty much speed, not far away from regular players. Said Mr. G ...

Au contraire - the actor that's playing his is very cute/hot. I know that David rubbed you (and a lot of his fans) the wrong way but you don't have to like his personality to find the man hot/sexy/cute. Granted, most people think the beauty of a person is in their personality, heart and physical appearance but all we do is stare at pics so it's like the first two are a must
                      I like to say no. I indeed had contact with Mr. G., enough for us both to recognize we are not good in having conversations with the other one, so it's better for us both to stay away from said other one.
                      Unfortunately Mr. G is a bit noisy and seems to check out my Twitter-account on regular base (yes, still, I'm not blind, man!). What led to the unpleasant experience to have an exploding number of Followers because said Followers have a pretty high chance to get an answer from Mr. G via Twitter IF (again, I'm not blind, you are still doing this!) I ask for. Funny thing, if I ask for an answer myself, there's silence.
                      And no, I'm not crazy, that's a pretty much known phenomenom in the fandom. And, besides, Mr. G isn't the only one, Bitsie and Reggie are also pretty much into what I'm doing, not to speak about Claire, except that they are also react to me - if they have time and space (Reggie is pretty much into making me jump to be true). And, another phenomenom, I'm the only one so far who ever got an answer from Christian - what turned out as a slow but ongoing conversation between us (and he's a great guy I really would also love to meet in person one day!).

But back to topic:
                      I adore the Nick-character, he's cute, funny and a lovely hero. All things I cannot say about Mr. G. True, he's the one performing Nick but I wasn't the one starting this silly little game. If he can separate the goodies (for him) from the critic (which he deserved, for the rest I apologized), I can do the same. I love Nick, I don't have to have any feeling for Mr. G. Just like Taris does with Sheppard/Flanigan *shrugs*

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                        But back to topic:
                        I adore the Nick-character, he's cute, funny and a lovely hero. All things I cannot say about Mr. G. True, he's the one performing Nick but I wasn't the one starting this silly little game. If he can separate the goodies (for him) from the critic (which he deserved, for the rest I apologized), I can do the same. I love Nick, I don't have to have any feeling for Mr. G. Just like Taris does with Sheppard/Flanigan *shrugs*
                        Is there a reason specific reason Taris does it with Shep/Joe? Or is it just a preference?

I prefer to keep them separate (and only thunk the character) out of the sheer fact that (to me) it feels like an intrusion on their personal lives and such do both. I know that some actors don't mind but it still feels wrong to me. *shrugs* I'm odd, I know

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                          Is there a reason specific reason Taris does it with Shep/Joe? Or is it just a preference?
                          Preference. I don't know why Taris does it, I fear you have to ask her yourself. I only know why I do it.

I prefer to keep them separate (and only thunk the character) out of the sheer fact that (to me) it feels like an intrusion on their personal lives and such do both. I know that some actors don't mind but it still feels wrong to me. *shrugs* I'm odd, I know
                          The good thing on Twitter is that you get feedback from your fans and you can choose how much interaction you want as a celeb. I mean, besides the main cast and the most of the known guest stars the people on Grimm don't have verified accounts. Actually, after Norberto started following GermanGrimmster I welcomed him there and got the feedback from a German fan, why I would do that but never welcomed him? That guy didn't know that Orson IS in fact Norberto Barba because Norberto never verified his account. Grimmsters already know who he is - or they should.

Actually I like to be in a small contact with some of the cast and crew. Not because I want my five minutes in the limelight (the most of the contact is per DM and not via TL) but because I like what they are partly sharing, especially Bitsie. And for them Twitter is also a platform where they can promote other projects. Heck, half of the reports about Bree I wouldn't have found on the net if she wouldn't tweet the links! And if you look into my TL the gross of my Tweets are about my personal life, I'm not bothering anyone from the cast or crew. In fact I told my followers NOT to ask anybody for Birthday-greetings as I think that's a little odd. They already know who I am and I love more the fact that people like Bitsie or Bertila sent me "Get well"-greetings on their own when they are not been asked for.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

If I thought that anything I said actually mattered to a single one of them, I would probably try and keep in touch with them as well. But I seriously doubt it and therefore just read whatever they post whenever I check my twitter. Them and/or Paul McGillion or any celebrity I follow.. I just..I just don't see how they would ever notice me saying anything and so I don't *shrugs* I'm too insignificant in my RL, don't need to feel like that in my VL as well

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm in a thunking mood...

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X