No announcement yet.

Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a rewatch, too. I thought it was a right time. Three weeks will be enough because I don´t have any time off ahead of me (except the Oscar night but I will sleep most of the Monday after that ).
    I thought it could be interesting to jump between episodes between Season 1 and 2 but I am just too annoying with a proper order of things, that I just can´t.

I am curious how is it going to be after 2x13 because so many things will have to change - especially after Nick finds out everything (hopefully). And I am curious how will Adelind fit into the story when they will go back to the police cases. I hope they won´t bother us with too many pointless detective stories...I like how Nick has to find a way how to balance police work with "grimming" but it is time for more serialized show. Also, I hope Hank will be there only as Nick´s police partner and an ocassional "stop" when Nick loses it but with Monroe as an unofficial Grimm partner. That would be cool.

I can´t find any place for Juliette in the story. I don´t want them to kill her...yet, but they have to do something with her.

I honestly think that Nick will actually leave the police in the end of Season 2. Maybe only for some time but I don´t think he can keep doing this. NBC, just bring the show back and RENEW it already.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

One of the crew tweeted yesterday that, true not confirmed now, but should be a sure thing now that Grimm will get a third season - well, I hope so ... Right now I don't find that Tweet anymore and as it was late yesterday and I'm busy with other things I really don't remember who it was. Something is telling me Simkins but don't nail me on that!

I have this coming week off but already planned to finally catch up with "my" shows. I still haven't managed to watch the last couple of episodes from "Haven" and I wanted also to do rewatches for GoT and The Borgias. Both shows are also starting next months. Also there's still the complete show "The Fades" here awaiting to be watched and I haven't took a look into Walking Dead, which backhalf started last week. So I would say my week is already full.
      The only absolutely sure thing is, that I'll celebrate tomorrow with a friend the premiere - with my GB-DVD-box as a marathon . Weird, I know, but the German voices (especially Nick's and Monroe's) make me sick. Besides that whoever did the translation had managed to make out of a worried question a joke. Nick is NOT a clown! Especially not when his second-mother is dieing!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I hope you're right about the renewal - looking forward to the official news

here a spoilery picture for a future episode - more a spoiler about the cast - from Claire's twitter

https://twitter.com/clairecoffee/sta...665793/photo/1
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Small report about the premiere of Grimm tonight: Ab in die Geisterbahn

Sorry, German!

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I was at my first German lesson after ten years today It was fun because for some weird reason, after one hour of a very clear and slow German the teacher was using, I was able to remember how to create a past tense or even remembered words I had no idea were there

Anyway (sorry for OT, you just reminded me of it), I have also a lots of shows I need to catch up. But for some reason, I am not in the mood to start something new, so I´ll just try to watch the latest episodes of Arrow and some classic Doctor Who and hope for Grimm to comeback asap (I know when, I just hope I can hold on that long ) Also, I am in the middle of a fantastic Stephen King´s book that I read even during my lunch break because I can´t wait to see what happens next

I am curious what they are gonna do with Adelind in following episodes when she is the main character now. I don´t think they can keep doing "case of the week" anymore and make it more wesen focused and discover all the mythology around it. They did it with Buffy and Angel (similar, remember ), in later seasons, so why not here. They could keep the procedural, more or less, to let Hank working with Wu as his official partner and make Nick a sort of "private detective". We have seen it (Angel, about a dozen comic books and books about detectives with supernatural powers) but hey, who claims that Grimm is original? It is great in its own way but a guy who is able to see things others can´t is hardly an original concept

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              I was at my first German lesson after ten years today It was fun because for some weird reason, after one hour of a very clear and slow German the teacher was using, I was able to remember how to create a past tense or even remembered words I had no idea were there
              Sorry to hear that you tortured yourself with that. I just came home from a friend of mine. We both celebrated the premiere with my DVDs - in ORIGINAL dubbing. I think Vox didn't did well with their voice-casting. That's the reason why said friend of mine wanted to "taste" the original (with subtitles, which was kinda weird for me), she simply hate Dennis Schmidt-Foß (Nick's German voice), But I think I did well with hooking her, she just ordered the GB-DVD-Box how she told me via mail.

Anyway (sorry for OT, you just reminded me of it), I have also a lots of shows I need to catch up. But for some reason, I am not in the mood to start something new, so I´ll just try to watch the latest episodes of Arrow and some classic Doctor Who and hope for Grimm to comeback asap (I know when, I just hope I can hold on that long ) Also, I am in the middle of a fantastic Stephen King´s book that I read even during my lunch break because I can´t wait to see what happens next
              As we all do, I would say. I'm climbing the walls only thinking about what could happen.
              Reading ... yeah, I should catch up with my books but ... I'm still sticking in the middle of Grimm-fanfics, just spend nearly the entire day, before I traveled to my friend, with reading some great Oneshots.

I am curious what they are gonna do with Adelind in following episodes when she is the main character now. I don´t think they can keep doing "case of the week" anymore and make it more wesen focused and discover all the mythology around it. They did it with Buffy and Angel (similar, remember ), in later seasons, so why not here. They could keep the procedural, more or less, to let Hank working with Wu as his official partner and make Nick a sort of "private detective". We have seen it (Angel, about a dozen comic books and books about detectives with supernatural powers) but hey, who claims that Grimm is original? It is great in its own way but a guy who is able to see things others can´t is hardly an original concept
              Still have no idea about Buffy or Angel so no, I don't know what you are talking about. But I think after it's NBC behind the Cop-Drama I doubt Nick will leave the precinct for good. Maybe he will get suspended on some point or get some time off to calm down or something. I mean it's obvicious that he's mental affected now, someone simply HAS to do something before he snaps.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, NBC ordered a cop drama with supernatural elements but hey, it still could be intact, with Hank and Wu being there as cops, and Nick out in the wild But I am not sure how it could work because Hank and Wu are main characters so it would have to be every episode. But I can imagine Nick to leave for a while, to get his life balanced again...we`ll see.
                And I think Nick will snap. Maybe not now with Juliette but he is close and it`s only a matter of time

I liked the German lesson. It is paid by my employer so I have about 16 lessons ahead of me so I am looking forward to it. It`s time for me to know two foreign languages again (I used to be good in German but not now). I have a lots of old TV shows in German dubbing

Comment

this is interesting sorry in German

It is an interview with a real descendent of the Grimms (his name is Markus Grimm) and among other things he has been asked if he will be watching the serie Grimm. And his reply was that he is looking forward to it

http://www.stern.de/kultur/tv/neue-u...t-1973007.html
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

more about this descendent of the Grimms

this is what the article also explained
                    Er ist direkter Nachfahr der Brüder Grimm - und pflegt das Erbe: 2009 brachte er auf der Lesetour "Grimm liest Grimm" in alten Schlössern Kindern die Märchen seiner Vorfahren nahe. Zusamen mit Michael Grimm hat er 2012 die Doppel-CD "Grimm trifft Grimm" veröffentlicht, auf der die beiden zwölf Märchen musikalisch in Szene gesetzt haben. In den nächsten Monaten werden sie mit dem Programm auf Tournee gehen.
                    i.e.

He is a direct descendent of the brothers Grimm and he looks after his legacy: in 2009 he made a reading tour called "Grimm reads Grimm" where he introduced the fairy tales of his ancestors to children reading the tales in old palaces. Together with Michael Grimm (another descendent of the Grimm family and musician) he has made a double CD called "Grimm meets Grimm", where they present 12 Grimm tales in music. In the next months they will be touring (I assume in Germany) with this programm.
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

The start of Grimm was successful over here: Famoser Start für Grimm

Sorry, German!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Great! I could not watch but I DVRed it. Hope to watch it soon
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

I am surprised that Grimm, season 2, will apparently air here very soon after the Season 2 finale in the US. There used to be long breaks when the TV that owned the show allowed it to air somewhere else, but I guess with internet, they are losing money so it is probably important to sell it as soon as possible. I am glad, at least Grimm will have more fans here. I just discovered two more friends watching it right now and they can´t wait for Grimm to return in March

Comment

Mh, depends on "who" those fans are. Just read some comments on another (German) forum I frequents from time to time. Good God, schoolgirls! 12 years old! Nah, not really ... *really, wondering why the parents let them watch Grimm*
                            I mean, I've nothing against kids or such. I only don't want to dig through tons of bad fanfics written by those kiddos to find something worth the efford

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

I have question (which has been my head for some time now).

Do Royals see wesen even if themselves they do not woge? Assume yes, correct?
                              So if Renard would lose his Hexenbiest, he would still be powerful as royal and be able to see the wesen?
                              It is because I imagine that when he and Nick will fight, they will both be bleeding and maybe Sean will come into contact with Nick's blood and lose his Hexenbiest half. This would placate Nick because he will feel somewhat guilty of having killed a part of Renard but his 'blood thirst' will be placated.

what do you think?

do you think Renard would be pleased or not to lose his Hexenbiest half?
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

Uuuh, you give me a hard time! Jesses ... We don't know if Royals woge or not. They seem to have a lot more selfcontrol than a "usual" Wesen but something is telling me, they also have a not so human-half inside their genes. And I don't think Royals can see Wesen all the time. Remember when Eric told Adalind about Renard. Sean has lived several years in his father's home before the truth was revealed.

About the fight, I'm curious too. Well, it's not enough when Renard will get bloody fists, he has to swallow Nick's blood. That could be a little more tricky. As far as we had seen the fight-scene to me it looks not too good for Nick ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X