Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    mi_guard: That spoiler suggests that Bree will be on maternity leave for a while. I wonder for how long.
    yeah, same thing I thought when I read it

so, how long until the next episode?
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

I am trying to improve my German (or get it back where it was when I studied it because I used to speak and understand pretty well) so I guess I could go back to find RTL2, VOX and other programmes on the satellite and watch again. I used to watch a lots of Star Trek and Stargate there because they were always ahead with this. I am surprised Grimm didn´t air in Germany yet.

mi_guard: That spoiler suggests that Bree will be on maternity leave for a while. I wonder for how long.
      Yeah, wonder how long it will take. Anyone has seen what the cast gave to her as baby-gift? Sooo cute!

Well, I have to say, I only barely watch TV - or free TV. But what I can tell you is that that "Reality TV"-virus has infected pretty much networks for now *rolls eyes*. Not my cup of tea, I better watch my DVDs or what is up on PayTV. I think besides ProSieben and Tele5 there's no network really interested in SyFy or Fantasy, and ProSieben ... we better be quiet about how they treated Doctor Who ... It made me wonder that RTL2 had bought the rights on GoT and Vox ... since the end of PSI Factor they haven't aired anything SciFi-related *scratches forehead*. We will see when Grimm will have its premiere. A friend of mine is guessing maybe on Halloween (which would be bad for me because ... well, Wicca on board *waves*) but I don't see it. There was a rumour that, when OuaT would bring in good numbers Grimm would come this year. If that is true ... don't know.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I don´t watch much of a TV. too. I am back with my folks for a while (I am moving away at the end of this month again) so I occasionally watch something with my mum. But the reality TV is here as well, just in some weird, twisted way. We Czechs are a very specific viewers (and I basically watch only News now, because of a alcohol prohibition we have so there are news about it each hour). I see everything before it gets here, altough I have to admit, I sometimes watch even shows I have already seen, just to have a background to dinner (so it´s usually Step by Step or The Simpsons )

And btw., do you know that David will be next May in England for a convention? It is just a week before German FedCon which I attend every year so I probably won´t go to England (too expensive to have two conventions so close to each other). But I have to admit it´s very tempting )

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
          Yeah, wonder how long it will take. Anyone has seen what the cast gave to her as baby-gift? Sooo cute!
          no, what did she get? can you post it?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            no, what did she get? can you post it?
            Here we go:
            Spoiler:

Bitsie tweeted that it was Reggie who found it ... uhm ... who else?
            Last edited by Hyndara71; 19 September 2012, 02:32 AM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

And btw., do you know that David will be next May in England for a convention? It is just a week before German FedCon which I attend every year so I probably won´t go to England (too expensive to have two conventions so close to each other). But I have to admit it´s very tempting )
              Uhm, no, this I didn't know. And England is out of reach for me as I have a cat at home and have to take care on her. No vacations over night because I don't have someone who would feed her or clean her litter. That's why I prefer FedCon/RingCon/TrekGate. Duesseldorf is 150 km away, an hour on the train and I can come back for the night.
              Maybe someday one or two of the cast will show up in Germany too. I fear, as long as the show will run, not for RingCon because it's always in October, but Sasha (for example) also did Caprica, so I could imagine him on FedCon.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

I hope they will invite them one day. They started with "other" TV shows already (this year, there was a guest from Buffy ) and I am glad to see them to get actors from Farscape. I know FedCon started as ST convention but today´s fans want more, I suppose, since from ST, you get to other shows. Grimm is still very young but they could surprise us one day
                Maybe we´ll bump into each other (I bought a flight ticket this time because we usually go by car and it is a very exhausting 8-hours long drive). It´s not that unlikely to meet, you know I have a friend here from GW, who always meet only on FedCon - this year, I even didn´t know she was going and I met her in the corridor before dealer´s room

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                  Here we go:
                  Spoiler:
                  http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb88afb3b.jpg
                  Bitsie tweeted that it was Reggie who found it ... uhm ... who else?
                  so cute
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope they will invite them one day. They started with "other" TV shows already (this year, there was a guest from Buffy ) and I am glad to see them to get actors from Farscape. I know FedCon started as ST convention but today´s fans want more, I suppose, since from ST, you get to other shows. Grimm is still very young but they could surprise us one day
                    Maybe we´ll bump into each other (I bought a flight ticket this time because we usually go by car and it is a very exhausting 8-hours long drive). It´s not that unlikely to meet, you know I have a friend here from GW, who always meet only on FedCon - this year, I even didn´t know she was going and I met her in the corridor before dealer´s room
                    As far as I know Nicholas was invited because they also had the original comic-artist for the new Buffy-Comic-series there. Usually they say Scifi is FedCon, Fantasy (what Grimm is) is for RingCon. But RingCon overlaps with the work on the show (still in hope for a third season ...). So I'm pretty sure the only chance to get a maincast-member would be for Sasha. Well, I wouldn't mind, I like him too . A complete panel like they had on ComicCon is out of question - unfortunately .

You were there during the whole con? I only was there on Saturday and had a lot of fun. Unfortunately I think I was one of the rare looners there, haven't met anyone I know. But besides that it was great and I will surely go there again. For now I'm not sure about next year because so far there's no one I really WANT to meet on the guest-list so far. I think maybe I will try RingCon next year because during the last years they had a couple of stars from TrueBlood there whom I would like to see in person. Unfortunately this year ... no chance!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

I am always there for the whole convention. To go there just for one day isn´t really worth the trip for me (we are neighbours, and I live pretty close to German borders but it is still through the whole Germany ) There is a group of us but this time, I may be also alone. I have a friend who also prefers RingCon and I really hope they will keep "changing" the rules and will invite more people from not strictly sci-fi area. But yes, Sasha would be really, really cool
                      I am already excited about FedCon because this year, there wasn´t really anybody who would I run and yell for (so it cost me more because I didn´t go for a particular actor ) but this time, they have already my most favourite actor and character from ST (Alexander Sidding, because Bashir is, along with Archer, my most favourite ST character), Ben Browder and Gigi Edgley (yay if they will make a Farscape panel) and Colin Ferguson who was there once already but I didn´t know Eureka back then
                      Maybe if David guest starred on some sci-fi (is there any sci-fi show, except Doctor Who, that is really good on TV?) so they would use it as an excuse to invite him
                      TV, ?)

Comment

Maybe we will meet one day at FedCon

Well, for now I'm wondering that they are still inviting TrueBlood for RingCon because they had a Vampire'sCon this summer.
                        I have to say, sometimes this "German behaviour" sucks. All this "this is scifi, that is fantasy, those is horror, blahblahblah). Haven't we just learned that vampires are also good in a fantasy-world (besides I remember a movie where vampires came from outer space, so, what would be that? ). I've heard some crtical voices about the Buffy-panel but, my, there was so much to look at and to listen to, there were some other, definitely crappy panels in the noon. When I only remember this horrible "Apocalypse and the day after"-panel. Really, this genre (end of time) is pretty high on my list and I was so pissed about what that guy on stage was doing to it! I think I know why the microphones were deactivated during the early panels *iz still pissed*.
                        Colin Ferguson I have seen on that list and he made me for a moment thinking about changing my mind. Farscape ... I still have on my watch-list, never saw it when it originally aired. ST, besides TOS, isn't my cup of tea, but I remember Alexander Siddig from "Primeval". Well, not such a big fan of season 4 I think ...
                        David G and Scifi, that would be pretty cool but unfortunately ... I'm going through his old stuff right now (hey, I simply have to do something till next week!). Unfortunately it looks like he was more casted for being eye-candy (what he definetely is) and/or love interest. I think the closest to scifi he'd ever done was acting on "Cold Case" in the past-scenario. I'm more wondering about how he'd managed it to get in the first credits for one damned scene where he had to speak three sentences and looking serious (The Unit). But ... he looks pretty hot in uniform !

EDIT:
                        Well, okay, David was one time in Ghost Whisperer, which was a mystery-show, and he's listed two times for "Eli Stone" (why the heck I cannot remember him there?) which was more or less fantasy.
                        Last edited by Hyndara71; 19 September 2012, 12:51 PM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

I used to complain about their organisation (too many actors) but this year, they did great (I was at Captain´s Table last year and *that* was a mess). Who could have critizised Buffy panel? I fortunately forgot enough German to avoid these comments but I understand enough to go to the "supporting" panels. I was at one about psychology in sci-fi and it was really interesting (even though I understood every third word from it )

Watch Farscape, Ben Browder is great and hot in there (SG1 never truly gave him to show his potential). And as for ST, I think Enterprise and Deep Space Nine are the best so if you would ever want to watch, go with them.

David is probably very busy with Grimm but if guest starred somewhere...it´s a long shot.
                          Reggie Lee was in the Star Trek movie and said two lines, so he may be a guest

And I think we just hijacked this thread! (sorry guys!)

Comment

I've heard and read a lot of critic especially about the whole Buffy-thing on FedCon, also be member on their boards at the FedCon-Site, made a lot of the WPs they had shown during the panels.
                            Captain's Table? What is that?
                            I'm a little confused now because I was asked before my visit at the Con to work there as Confish (Babblefish, someone who translates for you if needed). When I was there no one seemed to even knew what and where I should work as translator so I finally spent my day there having a lot of fun. Funny that you haven't got a "Fish" on your side .
                            Farscape I definetely will rewatch, I saw a couple of episodes in a rerun and haven't had a clue what was going on there but I liked what I saw. Unfortunately the network which "owns" the show right now only have paid for the (I think) second season what they have on TV over and over and over again. I think I have to buy the DVDs *sigh*.
                            DS9 I know, my Dad and one of my brothers were both Trekkies so I grew up with TOS and haven't a chance to avoid watching it later . To me DS9 is ... well, I think they were VERY inspired by Babylon5 but with the typical ST-flaws. Not really my cup of tea. Ent I never watched. Some friends of mine are always trying to push me into that but ... I was tortured by the former shows, I don't need it.

Well, he mentioned several times that he like scifi and horror so ... maybe it will happen and we will see him somewhere else guesting. I think he's still pretty close to the start of his carreer, everything is still possible to and for him.

Are we? As far as I can see it every thread on this boards was one or two times hijacked and the Grimm-forums are still very quiet, so ... *shrugs* ... as long as the mods are fine with it and we are not bothering others, why not ?

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

Captain´s Table happened on September last year and it was basically only Captains from ST. But my favourite, Scott Bakula, wasn´t there
                              The organisation there was terrible. Nobody seemed to know anything. I asked one staff person, he told me something, while someone on the other side of the corridor told me something else. They were suprised by the amount of the people - in FedCon, you have many actors and visitors spread around, while here, everybody wanted a photo with every actor. It was a jungle.
                              I understand German but when there are changes going on and they speak in German very fast, it is a problem. I can ask again and ask for the person to speak slower (or repeat it in English) but my friends don´t know anything German and were very angry.
                              This year, it was my friend´s first FedCon and he said "British are better". They are smaller, that´s true and also, they speak, obviously, English. But he also said "If they want to invite people from all over the world and be a convention for everybody, they should all speak English and have information in English." I understand it is in Germany but it is a big event where people from 30 different countries arrive. I had to explain a situation about moving a photoshoot to another room to a group of confused American girls. Maybe I should be asked to do a translator if I manage to improve my German until next year

I don´t understand how any fan can critizise anything genre related. Buffy isn´t exactly sci-fi but it is far from fantasy. It is horror/mystery and when they can invite some unknown people from the Alien then I have no problems with Nicolas Brandon at all. Especially when he was so cute

I always watch DS9 the way that I skip first two seasons and some stand-alone episodes. It is very far from the perfection of Babylon 5. It is definitely B5 rip-off. The story about Strazcynski being kicked out with his idea from Paramount, where they started DS9 the same year as B5 under different company, has been a source of misundersting between trekkies and B5 fans for years. I am a fan of both (I am a typical example - started on ST, moved to different and better things). Babylon 5 and Farscape are definitely the best sci-fi shows of the last 20 years. If you should watch anything from ST, watch Enteprise. The first season is a typical ST, but it is set before the Foundation of Federation so Archer and his crew go from "we come in peace" to "go to hell" pretty quickly I would recommend it as a good sci-fi, and if you are not necessarily a ST fan because it can stand alone as sci-fi show.

Comment

Well, because the management is lacking was one of the reasons why two other (smaller) cons were launched, TrekGate by some fans themselves and Supernatural-Con ... I think it's the same company that runs much of the British cons. As far as I've heard about both had also flaws (hey, come on, first time, they can make mistakes at the first time!) but also were great. As next year Misha Collins is announced for SPN-con ... who knows? Maybe, depends on what OSTFC will come up with for RingCon ...
                                Yeah, that about the handler was another thing that bothered me. I've written two con-reports after my visit and I think in my German entry you can read very well how pissed I was. Because I had a daily ticket they didn't let me in to several panels (I knew about the Shatner-panel and it was okay with me as long as I could watch it live in the other room) but the JF/KS-panel? Besides that one of the handlers tried to avoid me the entrance to the art-showroom. And the best of all was this brainwashing whenever I asked something related to other shows/movies (huge Alien-fan over here ). Everytime you got a looong explanation about ST *rolls eyes*.
                                I have to say I felt sorry for the actors when I heard the spelling and grammar for some of the questions. I mean, I think I wasn't really better, especially at the double-panel I was pretty nervous, but ... *shakes head in disbelief*. Well, as a German myself I really didn't noticed all the German, but I noticed very well the looks I got when I began to talk to others in English (had a nice conversation with Franko Urro at his table about Buffy and drawing and comics. My, he liked my selfmade shirt *iz still proud*!). But I think at least for the handler they should take care that they are able to speak and understand English.
                                As I've said, Trekkies *shrugs*, everything else isn't Scifi for them.
                                Uhm, Strazcynski first went to Paramount? Oookay, that I didn't know before . Well, maybe someday in the future I will spend a look into Ent, we'll see ...

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X