No announcement yet.

Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and good news for German speaking Grimm fans: finally a German channel has bought the rights on 'Grimm', i.e. VOX

http://www.cinefacts.de/tv-news/2930...rie-grimm.html
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The drama of this show gets ruined when my husband keeps calling the blond girl a wildebeest instead of a hexenbiest .
      I wonder why Juliette is such a good shot?
      Last edited by Callista; 31 March 2012, 10:19 AM. Reason: three e's in wildebeest

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
        The drama of this show gets ruined when my husband keeps calling the blond girl a wildebeest instead of a hexenbiest .
        I wonder why Juliette is such a good shot?

loved this episode - but it was a little bit frightening - poor Wu! and I so far really like Rosaleen (?)

and here the promo for next week's episode

Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Comment

I have a question regarding the "Island of Dreams" episode: to which fairy tale does it relate? Does anyone know?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know which fairy tale it was.

I have my own question, though: Why was Wu eating his couch cushions?

Comment

I don't know which fairy tale it was.

I have my own question, though: Why was Wu eating his couch cushions?
              A sideeffect from the Zaubertrank, he will now have a craving that nothing can fill. It was kind of disturbing though what a satisfied look he had eating that. He will be dead by the next ep if he keeps that up.

And just a sidenote, the way they use german at times goes on my nerves. Zaubertrank? Really? Wouldnt it have made more sense if they would have called it by what it was? Its not like Potions originated in Germany, like many of these Monsters seem to be, going by their names.
              Last edited by tomstone; 31 March 2012, 10:55 PM.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I am still wondering what exactly Renard represents and after the 'Island of Dreams' episode I would say that
                Spoiler:
                he is a descendant of the French Kings, specifically of the Bourbon dinasty.
                He speaks French. When he had the coins he informed someone in Paris. And speaking of the painting, he mentions that it pertained to his family but it was lost during the Revolution along with some heads. As Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette did effectively 'lose their heads' during the French Revolution, I would bet that Renard is from their royal lineage.
                what do you think?
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Grimm gets better with each episode (I think I said that already but I believe it´s truth ) Rosaleen is a great addition, I love the relationship between Nick and Monroe so this will be a nice change of a dynamics. Grimm also gets creepier which I like. Wu eating that "couch" was really creepy, as was the bite in the beginning. I am glad there won´t be any breaks and we will get 8 more episodes

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

By the way, that painting was "La Bella" or "Woman wearing a blue dress" or something like that by Titian. It was in Portland's art museum a few months ago. (My daughter informed me of that fact while we were watching because they talked about it in art class.)

Comment

By the way, that painting was "La Bella" or "Woman wearing a blue dress" or something like that by Titian. It was in Portland's art museum a few months ago. (My daughter informed me of that fact while we were watching because they talked about it in art class.)
                      so they may have effectively shot that part in Portland's art museum and filmed the original painting?
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                        so they may have effectively shot that part in Portland's art museum and filmed the original painting?
                        Yep.

Also, this is what NBC has to say about the inspiration for "Island of Dreams":

Spoiler:
                        "Soon he was so in love with the witch's daughter that he could think of nothing else. He
                        lived by the light of her eyes and gladly did whatever she asked." - Donkey Cabbages

"Island of Dreams" is loosely based on a Grimm tale called "Donkey Cabbages" or "The
                        Donkey Cabbage." In the story, a huntsman goes out into the world and comes across a
                        castle where an old witch lives with her beautiful daughter. He quickly falls in love with
                        the young witch, who deceives him and abuses his love to steal his fortune. (He then
                        ends up stranded in a magic cabbage field and turns into a donkey, but that portion of
                        the story proves irrelevant to the episode.) Hank clearly parallels the huntsman, and
                        Adalind is the witch's daughter. With her sexual prowess and her love potion, Adalind
                        intends to manipulate Hank's affections to get what she needs.

Comment

Yep.

Also, this is what NBC has to say about the inspiration for "Island of Dreams":

Spoiler:
                          "Soon he was so in love with the witch's daughter that he could think of nothing else. He
                          lived by the light of her eyes and gladly did whatever she asked." - Donkey Cabbages

"Island of Dreams" is loosely based on a Grimm tale called "Donkey Cabbages" or "The
                          Donkey Cabbage." In the story, a huntsman goes out into the world and comes across a
                          castle where an old witch lives with her beautiful daughter. He quickly falls in love with
                          the young witch, who deceives him and abuses his love to steal his fortune. (He then
                          ends up stranded in a magic cabbage field and turns into a donkey, but that portion of
                          the story proves irrelevant to the episode.) Hank clearly parallels the huntsman, and
                          Adalind is the witch's daughter. With her sexual prowess and her love potion, Adalind
                          intends to manipulate Hank's affections to get what she needs.
                          okay, thank you very much - that Grimm tale is completely new to me

but I think we will see more to it in one of the next episodes based on the spoilers I already read .....

really looking forward to the next ep
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

Still really enjoying this show. I liked Rosalee a lot and am looking forward to the next episode. Several of the actors/writers have tweeted that there will be no more breaks till the end of the season - I really hope they are right!

I miss Grimm when it's not on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Press release for episode 18 - Cat and Mouse

do not open if you don't want to be spoiled
                              Spoiler:
                              NICK MUST CHOOSE SIDES WHEN HIS DUTY AS A GRIMM CONFLICTS WITH HIS DUTY AS A DETECTIVE - While investigating a string of murders, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) learn that their suspect’s crime wave began overseas. When Nick discovers the suspect (guest star Neil Hopkins) is being harbored by none other than Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (guest star Bree Turner), he realizes he’s hunting the hunted, a freedom fighter trying desperately to escape the clutches of a creature bounty hunter (guest star Sebastian Roche)
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

spoilers for episode 19 - Leave it to the Beavers

Spoiler:
                                An investigation into a construction worker's death leads Nick into a conflict in the creature world; Juliette makes Nick invite Monroe to dinner

the second sentence I am so looking forward to see that, I am sure that will be really funny or extremely awkward
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X