Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
    Lol, yes, the Krampus is typical for Bavaria and Austria (but also known in South Tyrol, Hungary and Slowenia). He has similar tasks like Knecht Ruprecht in Northgermany. The name comes from the middle-high-German word for claw, "krampen". The Krampus is NOT an evil version/twin of Santa Claus (besides, we don´t believe in Santa Claus here, we have the Christkind ), like Monroe said in the sneak-peek, but accompanys Saint Nicholas on December 6th to punish the naughty children with a birch. The actual Krampus day is December 5th, though. I don´t know were they got December 21st as Krampus-day.
    Oh, and don´t confuse the Krampus with Perchten, they are something completely different.

More on the Krampus here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krampus
    Maybe because December, 21st is midwinter? Longest night, shortest day in the year and means pretty much to New Age Witches?
    Thanks for clearing this. I was confused about the explanation because I only know Krampen as a sort of cake. I think that thing is unique to this region (as I never saw some everywhere else).

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
      Maybe because December, 21st is midwinter? Longest night, shortest day in the year and means pretty much to New Age Witches?
      Thanks for clearing this. I was confused about the explanation because I only know Krampen as a sort of cake. I think that thing is unique to this region (as I never saw some everywhere else).
      The writers probably confused the Krampus with Perchten, because those usually (should)/do not show up until midwinter till Twelfth Night. Everything before that date is not folklore, but only tourist attraction. Especially in recent years, Krampus and Perchten got mixed up for that purpose in so-called "Perchtenläufen".

I don´t know a cake called Krampen. The only other thing I call Krampen is a pickaxe.
      Well, yeah, on the other side Knecht Ruprecht is totally unknown here. I know the name but I had to google how he looks like.

Funny, Grimm is the second US series were they use/mention the Krampus. The first being Supernatural....
      sigpic

Comment

so having re-watch the first two seasons i have a question: how do the Wesen see a Grimm?

We know Grimms recognise Wesen by looking at them, being thus able to discern what kind of creature they are, but how does it work the other way around?

Do Wesen also see a transformed face? do they smell them? do they just feel it in their guts? Can Wesen somehow read a Grimm-aura?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          so having re-watch the first two seasons i have a question: how do the Wesen see a Grimm?

We know Grimms recognise Wesen by looking at them, being thus able to discern what kind of creature they are, but how does it work the other way around?

Do Wesen also see a transformed face? do they smell them? do they just feel it in their guts? Can Wesen somehow read a Grimm-aura?
          Nick said that he thinks wesen can sense he is a grimm. Nick has looked away at times when a wesen started to wolga and he didn't want them to know he was a grimm, so I guess they must be looking at each other. When his mother was here, both Rosalie and Monroe knew someone dangerous was in the house but not that it was a grimm - until they saw her, or rather, when she attacked Monroe.

So, I assume, Grimms look like themselves to everyone.
          Last edited by kathy-a; 15 December 2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

How was the double-header?? I haven't watched either episode yet but I'm tempted to wait until Grimm returns..

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Some VERY interesting character developments. I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
              Nick was Bad Grimm.
              sigpic
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post

Spoiler:
                Nick was Bad Grimm.
                Spoiler:
                I'm assuming Bad doesn't mean good in this cas?

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                  How was the double-header?? I haven't watched either episode yet but I'm tempted to wait until Grimm returns..
                  good episodes, though they are two separate episodes. So you can watch one and then wait to watch the other.
                  sigpic

Comment

luckily we only have a short hiatus before it comes back and we're only on episode 8. hopefully when Grimm returns it will go non stop until it's season finale. i just wonder how the winter Olympics is going to affect it's schedule.

i also can't wait for
                    Spoiler:
                    Juliette to kick some Wesen Butt
                    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 16 December 2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post

Spoiler:
                      Nick was Bad Grimm.
                      Spoiler:
                      He was pretty good in the second episode even with his friends telling him to kill Krampus
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        luckily we only have a short hiatus before it comes back and we're only on episode 8. hopefully when Grimm returns it will go non stop until it's season finale. i just wonder how the winter Olympics is going to affect it's schedule.
                        My guess is it will air 3 or 4 more episodes before the Olympics and then take a couple weeks off for the Olympics but NBC will advertise all its shows heavily for the Olympic audience
                        sigpic

Comment

Grimm - Episode 3.09 - Red Menace - Promotional Photos

Comment

Interesting teaser from David Greenwalt in Ask Ausiello

Spoiler:
                            Question: Can you use your considerable pull in the industry to make sure that Nick is shirtless and running on a treadmill on Grimm a lot more in the future? Thanks. –Ryan

Ausiello: Would that I could, but this’ll have to do instead: In the second half of the NBC drama’s season, Nick will “have to go from being the student to being the teacher,” executive producer David Greenwalt says. “He’ll be passing on some of the information he’s learned – but we can’t tell you to whom.”
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                              Interesting teaser from David Greenwalt in Ask Ausiello

Spoiler:
                              Question: Can you use your considerable pull in the industry to make sure that Nick is shirtless and running on a treadmill on Grimm a lot more in the future? Thanks. –Ryan

Ausiello: Would that I could, but this’ll have to do instead: In the second half of the NBC drama’s season, Nick will “have to go from being the student to being the teacher,” executive producer David Greenwalt says. “He’ll be passing on some of the information he’s learned – but we can’t tell you to whom.”
                              let me guess... Juliette or Hank will be the Protege to Nick.
                              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 17 December 2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

ScreenSpy has some extra-notes and extra-promo-pics for 3.09:

First Details

(this time without pimping )

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                                Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic
                                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X