Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    Maybe David is afraid of flying
    actually that's possible, though I'd imagine he would say in an interview.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      actually that's possible, though I'd imagine he would say in an interview.
      Nope, he just took a flight yesterday and twittered about that. He was in Europe (Paris) for a couple of weeks on vacation and I doubt he came here on a ship. Seriously, I think he isn't very interested in any fan-contact, sad but true *shrugs*.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Or...he had some bad fan encounter. He doesn´t have to tell anyone about it. Seriously, I still think there is some explanation for it. Also, maybe he has some PR guy managing his twitter. He may be doing some posts alone but I know a lots of actors who do only some of the tweeting.
        I remember Scott Bakula didn´t like going to conventions too much for some reason but in last four years, he went to several conventions and he seems to be enjoying it. Maybe it is just an irrational fear of something. Or maybe he is afraid of crowds...I know actors who are not too fond of crowds and even though they appreciate their fans, they keep their distance. I can completely understand how he would be hesitant to take photos with 1000 people, many of them sweaty, smelly and otherwise unpleasant...I don´t really follow him that closely (not at all, actually) but I don´t believe he would do this if he didn´t have a good reason.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

He did and he continues. And I doubt that there's someone else "managing" his twitter. Those ... over-intelligent tweets are surely him. He cancelled now everything besides ComicCon. And the ComicCon-panel is official work as it is organized from NBC.
          I get that he probably isn't fond of too close fan-contact, heck, I'm the first defending him!, but, as I've written to him a couple of weeks ago, the fans need at least a little respect. If he doesn't want to go to Conventions, it's fine with everyone, as long as he says that loud and clear. He isn't the first actor not doing conventions. But this yes/no-game is going on everyone's nerve, I only said it loud again.
          Yeah, I know, I'm a bad fan *shrugs*. Better bad than braindead.

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Maybe he had something else to do and had to cancel.

Dare I ask what you're going to do now that you've been blocked? Cause, that sounded kinda threatening..

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

For the Germanspeakers, yesterday's ratings. Grimm's numbers are on record-low:

Quotenmeter.de

Sorry, German!
              The article tells about Grimm was loosing nearly half a million vievers in one week. Well, it doesn't tell that, but you can compare the number with the one from last week.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                Maybe he had something else to do and had to cancel.

Dare I ask what you're going to do now that you've been blocked? Cause, that sounded kinda threatening..
                Seriously, M, I'd been there for a long time, I know ALL the excuses, believe me. There was nothing and there is nothing. Silas confirmed tells me, that there are no filming schedules, at least not at a weekend. So I doubt it has anything to do with Grimm. And as this wasn't the first cancellation ... *shakes head* I'm sick of searching excuses for him. For me it's clear, he doesn't want to interact with fans, at least not "in person" - fine. He's eye-candy, now he has to live with that.

I'm not blocked anymore. David is WAYS too noisy to put me on "Ignore" forever. But I'm not following him anymore - not with my usual Twitter, only with GermanGrimmsters (and as i'm in that one only a few minutes a day you can imagine that I'm not checking on him regulary anymore). And I'm too fond with the others, no matter if cast or crew. David now has to live with two of his fans, not including him in their researches anymore. I also deleted nearly all my David/Nick-icons at LJ, made a new header (true, on which he is but very "ghostly" while the focus is on Eric/Samedi), screencapping I'm doing right now about Silas, Sasha and Bitsie. Maybe THAT will give him something to think about as I was the only person on Twitter, tweeting picspams about him.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

Honestly I think it should be up to the actor if they want to participate in fan evens (other than comic-con). I imagine for the actor going is more than just spending a weekend in a random city but having to deal with everyone knowing who you are and asking questions. While they might get this in Portland not nearly as much as they would at a fan convention. I can see how a crowd of people would be intimating. Though if that is the reason for the cancellations, he shouldn't make a commitment to go in the first place.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    Honestly I think it should be up to the actor if they want to participate in fan evens (other than comic-con). I imagine for the actor going is more than just spending a weekend in a random city but having to deal with everyone knowing who you are and asking questions. While they might get this in Portland not nearly as much as they would at a fan convention. I can see how a crowd of people would be intimating. Though if that is the reason for the cancellations, he shouldn't make a commitment to go in the first place.
                    That's what I try to tell the whole time. It's up to him. If he doesn't want to - okay. I don't have a problem with it. With what I've a problem is plain and simple this On/Off-game He's playing. He wants respect from the fans, but he also have to respect the fans - my opinion and that's definetely where he lacks a lot in.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think you're taking things way too personally.

And how do you know that David is even going to notice if you stop being a fan?

And no I don't mean that how that sounds.

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

m, I know because I know he checks out my account on regular base. And that I know because it was told me from several people knowing him (including Bitsie, Claire and Flula). Besides I know how fast I was blocked after I critized him about his behaviour.
                        Yes, I take that personal because I spend the money to go to cons and I already HAVE tanked money this year two times (okay, one time it was my own fault as I was too sick to go to FedCon but had paid for the ticket). I only have a small paid job and be in money-trouble all the time. To pay for a ticket (and the hotel and the flight) only to learn then that he cancelled again piss me off - and not only me. There are several others who think the same way.

Besides, I'm not stopping being a fan or a Grimmster. As I've said if he like to play games I can do that too. Don't have a problem with reducing him into a "thing". That's a two-way-street.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree with you Hyn, that if he has some issues with conventions he should just say so. I am sure fans wouldn´t blame him (at least the sensible ones) but to make fans look forward to a convention and then cancel really is not fair.

But I decided some time ago not to get attached to a TV show too much. I love Grimm but to follow twitter, all interviews and actors, I haven´t done that since Season 4 of Chuck (which disappointed me). It takes way too much time and makes me angry when something goes wrong. I read occasional spoilers or interviews but nothing more.
                          Last edited by Klenotka; 18 June 2013, 09:28 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I guess I'm a "distance fan".. I'm a fan but from a distance. I refuse to spend money on a con because not only would we not be able to afford it, but I wouldn't trust the actors that are scheduled to actually show up. I'll write fanfic, I'll make art, I'll even idly follow some people on Twitter but that's about as close as I'll ever get.

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                              I guess I'm a "distance fan".. I'm a fan but from a distance. I refuse to spend money on a con because not only would we not be able to afford it, but I wouldn't trust the actors that are scheduled to actually show up. I'll write fanfic, I'll make art, I'll even idly follow some people on Twitter but that's about as close as I'll ever get.

Well, I am a multifandom person so I always choose someone at conventions

Comment

I'm also not the kind of fan who reads (or writes fanfics), I only pay attention to some interviews mainly those at comic con (which I dream about going to some day). And I don't have twitter so I don't pay attention to those (unless someone posts here).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X