Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
    5 years is good for most shows these days. Lost, which was one of the most popular shows ever on TV only went 6 seasons.
    That was because Darlton (the writers) wanted to end there. Had they said we change our mind lets have 7 seasons they would have probably have gotten it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      That was because Darlton (the writers) wanted to end there. Had they said we change our mind lets have 7 seasons they would have probably have gotten it.
      Quite possibly, look at a Supernatural. Eric Kripke. He *indended* SPN to be 2 seasons to tell the story of the Winchesters and YED, then he expanded on it to 5 seasons with the "Lucifer Rising" story arc. After that however he stood aside and let others "take the helm".

I think this is a *huge* problem in TV in general, the original writers "holding on" to their glory days rather than just being happy to write their story with the characters and then move on once they are "burnt out" on a series.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        Get one for me too, please
        They were out
        sigpic

Comment

They were out
          Oh ! Sorry for you {{hugs}}

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
          Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

5 years is good for most shows these days. Lost, which was one of the most popular shows ever on TV only went 6 seasons.
            Honestly, Chuck started losing its breath already in Season 3 (which is my favourite, btw.) and Season 4 was awful. There wasn´t one memorable episode and to give a more screen time to Morgan (Chuck´s annoying best friend) was a big, big mistake. Also, the final Season 5 wasn´t much and the ending was just meh. I expected better because when they were writing it, they already knew it was the last season.

That is why I am hesitant even in Grimm to give more screen time to supporting characters. They may be favourite because they have time to be funny but when they have too much screen time, it hurts them. Generally, their role is much easier because the lead has usually the most screen time and has much more difficult job.

I hope when the time comes, writers of the Grimm will be sensible enough to go out with Bang, not trying to go on with bad stories when also the actors will look bored.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

David G. cancelled his appeareance at Armageddon Con (NZ):

ArmageddonExpo
              Sad News – Unfortunately due to last minute filming commitments both David Giuntoli & Eric Roberts are unable to attend Hamilton/Wellington.
              Last edited by Hyndara71; 06 May 2013, 12:47 AM.

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Finally found a working link - thanks to @ScreenSpy :

http://youtu.be/qUTVgAjmo1g

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

I like the show but I don't know if it does enough to last long term. NBC likes to cancel shows at random times anyways.
                  sigpic

Favorite quote:
                  McKay: You shot me!
                  Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                  Ronon: You shot me, too.
                  Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by python490 View Post
                    I like the show but I don't know if it does enough to last long term. NBC likes to cancel shows at random times anyways.
                    If it gets 3-5 years, I'll be happy. not everything can last 10 years, and some shows probably shouldn't last that long anyway. I would rather less years of "better" stories than see the show slide into the mediocrity that many long terms shows slip into.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping for at least 5 years
                      sigpic

Comment

5 would be an ideal number IMHO, but if it goes longer I just hope that if the writers have had enough they step back and let other people who are passionate about the show take over
                        sigpic

Comment

Umm, what happened to the last couple of posts?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            If it gets 3-5 years, I'll be happy. not everything can last 10 years, and some shows probably shouldn't last that long anyway. I would rather less years of "better" stories than see the show slide into the mediocrity that many long terms shows slip into.
                            I fully agree with you. Better less years of better episodes, that a never ending boring story. However, what I really want, is closure. I hate it when shows are cancelled without a closure like SGU.
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

So do I. As far as I know and how David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf explained the storyarc, they NEED 2 or 3 more seasons to tell their whole storyarc. Well, I only hope that Grimm continue bringing in good numbers. And I think after all the promoting NBC trusts the show - they only need sometimes a little longer to let fans know about *sigh*. Plus a 5 year run would be the best for the show, maybe one or two more, depends on David and Jim as they are the main-writers. And I think they are also experienced enough not to get swollen heads and to know WHEN it is time to end or step back the show. But, as I've said earlier, I doubt that to Grimm could happen what happened to SG. Grimm has a grounded TPTB, a grounded crew and a (hopeful) grounded cast. And if someone starting to get a swollen head there are enough others to bring him/her back to earth again.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Do I really have to? *sigh* Another "version" of David G.'s interview (and I hope this one will be the last one):
                                Grimm Star David Giuntoli talks Zombies, Season 2 Finale Deaths and Nick's Cowardly moves

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X