No announcement yet.

Blackwater (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so wanted Joffrey to die. Poetic justice, stabbed through the heart with heart eater. But sadly he lives.
    sigpic

Comment

be patient or read books
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. The battle scenes looked amazing, Tyrion was great, so was The Hound.
        I loved all of Sansa's and Cersei's scenes. I think both actresses did a great job with their characters.
        I've also been really liking Shae this season, I couldn't stand how the actress played her last season, but this season she's been really good (imo).
        sigpic

Comment

I think we should keep a handle on the hints please. Let those that dont' know the story find it out as it unfolds.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I think we should keep a handle on the hints please. Let those that dont' know the story find it out as it unfolds.
            This^

The littlest things you guys say give things away.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              This^

The littlest things you guys say give things away.
              On that note I would suggest that you stay away from anything about the Rains of Castamere, the Lannister song, sung by Bronn and the other soldiers at the start of the ep and played over the credits. While it's a great song, it is intertwined with some of the biggest events in the series, if you look it up you will get major spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                On that note I would suggest that you stay away from anything about the Rains of Castamere, the Lannister song, sung by Bronn and the other soldiers at the start of the ep and played over the credits. While it's a great song, it is intertwined with some of the biggest events in the series, if you look it up you will get major spoilers.
                I could barely understand any of the song and had no desire to look up the song...

...Until now, that is...

Curse you
                sigpic

Comment

The battle was exactly as I expected - purely epic. The wildfire scene especially was impressive.

Who stole the show for me though was Lena Headey. In an episode who's main focus was the battle, she delivered some awesome scenes as a semi-drunk Cersei.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oooh, click me.

And again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                      And I think we have a contender for explosion of the year here.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        Who stole the show for me though was Lena Headey. In an episode who's main focus was the battle, she delivered some awesome scenes as a semi-drunk Cersei.
                        I would like to mention one actor who have been simply amazing. Jack Gleeson has been delivering amazing performance. It's a shame he's not amongs emmy nominees
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          I would like to mention one actor who have been simply amazing. Jack Gleeson has been delivering amazing performance. It's a shame he's not amongs emmy nominees
                          Indeed. I can't quite remember an actor that has made me hate a character more
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Hound's fear of fire is a plot point. Hard for MR BadAss to deal wtih running like a baby.

Melisandre being there would have been interesting....would she have really been able to control anything? Or would she have been revealed a fraud?

and yeah, love the irony of Mr. 'the red god will help me' falling to fire.

Next week's will be interesting. It'll be intriguing to see how far they get with the plot.
                            I've wondered how much pyromancy knowledge Melisandre really has. If her power over fire is what she claims it is, she would've been able to manipulate the Wildfire--but only after it was ignited. Even then, would she have been able to survive the Wildfire herself? She may be a priestess from Asshai but she's no Targaryen. The other R'hllor followers in the books claim to great power over fire but I do have to wonder how much of that is proselytizing nonsense and how much of it is truth.

Spoiler:
                            Strangely, Melisandre's powers much are stronger at the Wall, one of the few places I expected her to be at her weakest. Talk about irony.

Speaking of proselytizing, I think Matthos had absolutely zero understanding of how R'hllor really works. Jaqen would have died in fire if it weren't for Arya's intervention. Later on, Jaqen tells her that the Red God demands three deaths in place of the lives she saved. I think that's the real Red God's principles there.

Spoiler:
                            With so many deaths through Wildfire, Melisandre maybe would've tried to console Stannis by telling them that there's no purer death than death through fire.

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                            Brilliant stills.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            And I think we have a contender for explosion of the year here.
                            Yepper. Someone who watched the episode with me claimed that the entire episode, particularly the explosion, was cinematic quality. I daresay that virtually the entire series has been movie-quality performances and cinematography.
                            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 29 May 2012, 08:30 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              I've wondered how much pyromancy knowledge Melisandre really has. If her power over fire is what she claims it is, she would've been able to manipulate the Wildfire--but only after it was ignited. Even then, would she have been able to survive the Wildfire herself? She may be a priestess from Asshai but she's no Targaryen. The other R'hllor followers in the books claim to great power over fire but I do have to wonder how much of that is proselytizing nonsense and how much of it is truth.

Spoiler:
                              Strangely, Melisandre's powers much are stronger at the Wall, one of the few places I expected her to be at her weakest. Talk about irony.

Speaking of proselytizing, I think Matthos had absolutely zero understanding of how R'hllor really works. Jaqen would have died in fire if it weren't for Arya's intervention. Later on, Jaqen tells her that the Red God demands three deaths in place of the lives she saved. I think that's the real Red God's principles there.

With so many deaths through Wildfire, Melisandre maybe would've tried to console Stannis and Davos by telling them that there's no purer death than death through fire.

Brilliant stills.

Yepper. Someone who watched the episode with me claimed that the entire episode, particularly the explosion, was cinematic quality. I daresay that virtually the entire series has been movie-quality performances and cinematography.
                              Well, I would make the claim that the battle could have been done a LITTLE better (I don't know how it was in the books, I just mean they could have showed a bit more...It didn't really feel like a large scale battle but more like a skirmish) But it was still pretty great. I would definitely agree about the series being movie quality.

And thanks for essentially saying that Davos survived...I couldn't tell. I suppose the same can't be said for his son.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry 'bout that. I thought I tagged everything that needed to be tagged.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X