Garden of Bones (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Yeah, SGU for one, and that was considered quite an expensive show.

But with a budget that's around 80 million, they can afford to do this.
    True. But even still...Wow. Makes the 4 million sunk into each Terra Nova episode look like a joke..
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      Jon's scenes north of the wall, which they shot in Iceland, the riot in King's Landing, I've seen behind the scenes video of that being filmed, it looks like it could be a huge scene, Theon attacking Stony Shore then Winterfell, Dany at the House of the Undying, Arya and the uprising at Harrenhal, Renly's demise in the next episode and the chaos in his camp afterwards (again some spoilers suggest this will be a big scene), as well as Blackwater.

there will be plenty of epic stuff. I mean the problem they have is that while they have a huge budget, one of the largest for tv, they just have so many massive scenes to film.
      True, there's lots of big stuff coming this season and in the following seasons. Being able to fit all of them into the narrative and to do them justice is difficult.

Spoiler:
      I didn't know they set aside $40 million for the Blackwater. That's mind-boggling. I'm looking forward to the riot. Another chance for Tyrion to berate Joffrey is always a good thing. That riot with Myrcella's departure was one of my favorite moments with Tyrion actually.

But a moment I'm really looking forward to will be coming in season 3 (or 4 depending on when they place it in the narrative): Arya getting Needle back from Polliver and then stabbing the Tickler over and over again with it, asking him the same questions he asked when he was torturing his victims in this episode. That was bloody cathartic and I absolutely loved it.
      sigpic

Comment

They have smart producers it looks like. And yeah, a scene doesn't need to be big, it just needs to LOOK big. I also think the upcoming battles is why some parts of the show may seem slow to some...gotta set it all up.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          They have smart producers it looks like. And yeah, a scene doesn't need to be big, it just needs to LOOK big. I also think the upcoming battles is why some parts of the show may seem slow to some...gotta set it all up.
          I can't wait. I have been wanting to see a large battle because the largest battle we have seen was the fight between Jaime and his men and Ned and his 3 men, iirc...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            True. But even still...Wow. Makes the 4 million sunk into each Terra Nova episode look like a joke..
            Well GOT was sinking on average 6 to 7 million per ep for the first season, though of course in reality in varies depending on each ep, wand what happens some are more expensive, some are less.

But I just like to emphasize that the half a budget, $40 million thing is a rumour and not confirmed. It is probably exaggeration. But the scenes with 400 extras fighting, the big walls, siege engines etc, are not just rumour, they appear to be confirmed, since Neil Marshall the director talked about that in an interview in a film mag.

And they have still sunk a hell of a lot of money into that one ep, they added 15% more to the budget, or around $10 million, so they could do Blackwater properly. The most expensive episode of tv ever is currently the Pilot of Terra Nova, which cost $20 million. I'd expect Blackwater to match or exceed that though.

Also in a previous trailer I mentioned trailers where you could a glimpse of Blackwater, then promptly forgot to post them. Anyway in both these trailers you get a glimpse of the fighting yet to come, and it looks huge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNLc5Nf9YxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3RflsNxak

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            I can't wait. I have been wanting to see a large battle because the largest battle we have seen was the fight between Jaime and his men and Ned and his 3 men, iirc...
            Largest fight was the massacre of the Stark guards and retainers at the end of episode 7 and start of 8 in season 1, but it will be nice to see some properly huge warfare in the series.

Comment

The main difference here being HBO and co. are getting a return on their investment, whereas the same cannot be said for Terra Nova
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                The main difference here being HBO and co. are getting a return on their investment, whereas the same cannot be said for Terra Nova
                Indeed. I think Terra Nova was a very expensive failure for Fox, whereas GOT is hugely profitable for HBO, despite it's massive cost.

Comment

Largest fight was the massacre of the Stark guards and retainers at the end of episode 7 and start of 8 in season 1, but it will be nice to see some properly huge warfare in the series.
                  Woops, I meant that one, not the other lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Jon's scenes north of the wall, which they shot in Iceland, the riot in King's Landing, I've seen behind the scenes video of that being filmed, it looks like it could be a huge scene, Theon attacking Stony Shore then Winterfell, Dany at the House of the Undying, Arya and the uprising at Harrenhal, Renly's demise in the next episode and the chaos in his camp afterwards (again some spoilers suggest this will be a big scene), as well as Blackwater.

there will be plenty of epic stuff. I mean the problem they have is that while they have a huge budget, one of the largest for tv, they just have so many massive scenes to film.
                    I had to click it, didnt i? Sigh. Bad Ukko!! Bad!!! Thats the second spoiler i've had now (ok, the first was for a book im reading and not GoT, but it was major one!).
                    This one wasnt so bad.
                    Spoiler:
                    Its a shame though, i like Renly. *Cries*

I am itching for some epic battles!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                      I had to click it, didnt i? Sigh. Bad Ukko!! Bad!!! Thats the second spoiler i've had now (ok, the first was for a book im reading and not GoT, but it was major one!).
                      This one wasnt so bad.
                      Spoiler:
                      Its a shame though, i like Renly. *Cries*

I am itching for some epic battles!!
                      It's your own fault. I put it in spoiler tags, I even said they were spoilers for the up coming eps.

Comment

Thought this episode from start to finish was great. Think we needed the Joffery scenes to show what a warped character he is. Glad to see Daenerys has finally reached some sort of santuary cant wait for her to show some power. As I haven't read the books not sure what happened in the cave, what did she give birth to ???
                        sigpic

Comment

Also forgot to ask in my last reply, those who have read the books, does the Lanister patriach (cant think of his name) not know who Arya is ? Or is he just messing with her ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Tywin Lannister has never met Arya so he doesn't know who she is.
                            sigpic

Comment

What melisandre gave birth to....seems kinda open to interpretation, but also not. A shade/shadow, I suppose at best it could be called a creature of dark magic. A 'ghost' that murdered Renley. (Following her and stannis shagging on the map table, did he know what he was participating in? Or did she trick him? Does he know what she did? Or does he just think it's a coincidence?)

I'm sure others have interpreted it 'better' or differently but I see it as dark magic or evil...she allowed/talked him into fratricide.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                Tywin Lannister has never met Arya so he doesn't know who she is.
                                And since she's smart enough not to give her real name she's allowed some anonymity. She's just another war orphan and he doesn't know she's a very important pawn.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X