The Dragon and the Wolf (707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I'm assuming that the series will end with all the White Walkers dead. It would be too much of a loose end to leave them alone.

The first time they arrived was a world changing event so having them arrive again should just be the end of it.
    But then, what if the twist in the tail is that the White Walkers actually win & kill everybody and the Night King becomes King Night King, first of his name, etc. and all the seven houses come back as wights?
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      But then, what if the twist in the tail is that the White Walkers actually win & kill everybody and the Night King becomes King Night King, first of his name, etc. and all the seven houses come back as wights?
      In Cersei's words: for many it would be an improvement.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

THat would be one of the most unsatisfying endings ever

although the one character did say death always wins

maybe the wights and humans kill each other and the dragons survive to rule the world?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind that Essos and the other continents of the world (There's possibly four total) is pretty much safe unless NK gets ships. It wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world.

Essos is also very, very large so it would be difficult for the NK and his army to conquer them, especially the empires in the Far East. I imagine Asshai alone would be too depressing for the Night King to even go to lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Who says how far winter will go? Maybe ice will form and the wights and White Walkers will use it and stranded ships/debris to cross over.
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

True. Just cause they cannot swim doesn't mean they can't freeze over the seas or get ice rafts.

sigpic

Comment

killing a WW kills the undead he raised, but we still don't know if killing the NK kills the other WWs he sired (or just the undeads he raised)

anyway, questions

1- am I the only one who thinks Bran gave LF a warning & a chance to escape (a few episodes back)?

otherwise it's an underwhelming death: the master of well-kept secrets so skilled that only magic can defeat him, so *boom* let's bring in an magic omniscient boy to expose his secrets - basically a dirt cheap deus ex machina

2- if Sansa & Arya really meant to lay that trap for LF, what was the whole point of the scene where Arya threatens Sansa in the previous episode?
                was it pretense? but then why didn't the camera show LF listening? so we have to assume he wasn't there & the whole convo was legit. so why the sudden U-turn in the next episode with Sansa siding with Arya? was it because Bran revealed LF's big secrets somewhere in episode 7 ? but then they'd have shown it onscreen

so, was Arya really threatening Sansa in episode 6 or not?

Comment

It is a bit of a plot hole. Or were they playing the game all along? Because Arya certainly knows not to trust LF.

It's almost like an important scene was left out. Accidentally or deliberately to build suspense and not give away that they were in on the game. Because they certainly insinuated that Sansa was going to kill Arya. Yet they were both in on it.

Of course, all Sansa needed to do was ask Arya 'where did you get the note' and once she realized LF orchestrated it, she would know he was playing both sides against the other.

Did one of them go to Bran? Or did he see what was coming and call them both on the carpet?

sigpic

Comment

plus even Sansa knew long ago not to trust LF (back in season 6 finale when he says he declares for house Stark & she says he tends to betray those he supports)

if LF hadn't given Sansa to the Boltons things would've been different maybe

BTW people saying Jon/Aegon has higher claim than Dany to the throne how's that so?

Aerys is Jon's father's father : 2 generations separate them
                    Aerys is Dany's father: only 1 generation separates them

so Dany is "closer" to Aerys wouldn't that give her still more legitimacy?
                    (much as Jon would be a better ruler of course)
                    Last edited by SoulReaver; 30 August 2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Jon is the trueborn heir of the heir to the throne, Dany is the daughter of a king. That makes him second in line to the throne, before any siblings of the heir to the throne. Similar to say, Prince William of the UK being second-in-line rather than any of his uncles or aunt, and his son and daughter (since the law was changed to allow female succession shortly before the birth of his eldest) being third and fourth over PW's uncles or aunt or even his own brother.
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

so who's got the strongest claim Dany or Jon?

Comment

Jon.

although it could be 50/50 really

Jon is male. He is the son of the king, so he's a prince. However he's the legitimate son of a secret marriage that was never officially acknowledged by the king. But he has support of the north.

Dany is female. She is the daughter of the king's brother. Her lineage is not in question. But shes' on her second marriage, she is the daughter of the 'mad king' so some would fear her succumbing to the family madness. She could also stand for chaos with her dragons and conquering, as well as executing heads of families. And she's leader of the Dothraki and other groups so some would fear her having too much power. ANd if she is the QUeen of the Iron Throne, they would also have to deal with her husband recognizing that he's not the king, he's just King Consort....he's Prince Phillip, powerless and subservient to his wife. (as lineage and ruling goes anyway)...so while her lineage is not in question she comes with a lot more baggage than Jon does.

(The whole royal lineage thing can be amusing. I remember reading a US news report saying if Megan Marple married Prince Harry she could be Princess of Wales and I'm like 'umm, no. Prince of Wales is the title for the immediate heir to the throne. Charles has it now. When Charles becomes king, William will be Prince of Wales, and when William adcends to the throne, George will be Prince of Wales, or if something horrible happens, Charlotte will be Princess of Wales. The only way Harry could ever be Prince of Wale is if William and his children all die. So Megan Marple will most likely, never be Princess of Wales)

But, as folks know, royal lineage passes from oldest to youngest sibling as long as they. dont' have children, but if they do have children, oldest sibling, his/her children, second oldest, his/her children, third oldest, his/her children, etc. Beatrice and Eugenia are like what? 10th or 11th or something like that? Because they have to run through Charles' children, then isn't his sister and her family next? then Andrew and his children.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Jon.

although it could be 50/50 really

Jon is male. He is the son of the king, so he's a prince. However he's the legitimate son of a secret marriage that was never officially acknowledged by the king. But he has support of the north.

Dany is female. She is the daughter of the king's brother. Her lineage is not in question. But shes' on her second marriage, she is the daughter of the 'mad king' so some would fear her succumbing to the family madness. She could also stand for chaos with her dragons and conquering, as well as executing heads of families. And she's leader of the Dothraki and other groups so some would fear her having too much power. ANd if she is the QUeen of the Iron Throne, they would also have to deal with her husband recognizing that he's not the king, he's just King Consort....he's Prince Phillip, powerless and subservient to his wife. (as lineage and ruling goes anyway)...so while her lineage is not in question she comes with a lot more baggage than Jon does.

(The whole royal lineage thing can be amusing. I remember reading a US news report saying if Megan Marple married Prince Harry she could be Princess of Wales and I'm like 'umm, no. Prince of Wales is the title for the immediate heir to the throne. Charles has it now. When Charles becomes king, William will be Prince of Wales, and when William adcends to the throne, George will be Prince of Wales, or if something horrible happens, Charlotte will be Princess of Wales. The only way Harry could ever be Prince of Wale is if William and his children all die. So Megan Marple will most likely, never be Princess of Wales)

But, as folks know, royal lineage passes from oldest to youngest sibling as long as they. dont' have children, but if they do have children, oldest sibling, his/her children, second oldest, his/her children, third oldest, his/her children, etc. Beatrice and Eugenia are like what? 10th or 11th or something like that? Because they have to run through Charles' children, then isn't his sister and her family next? then Andrew and his children.
                            Slight correction there Sky. Jon is the son of Prince Rhaegar. Dany is the daughter of King Arerys. But regardless, Jon has the stronger claim for the reasoning you described. Even if the rebellion hadn't occurred and the Targaryens remained in power Jon would still be in line for the throne before Dany.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thanks. I get the names confused even before they started changing them

So she is the direct descendant but if Westeros recognizes male lineage not female lineage, he'd beat her with his gender...the rest is the rest.

Now him and her having a child would create an undeniable heir of the throne.

Which, as some speculate the couple will not survive. One of them may but not both. Well if they have a child and Dany dies in child birth, then Jon would be king and regent/guardian of the undisputed heir to the throne. (he'd just need to never have another child or make it clear that any other child is second behind his and Dany's....presuming they have one)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

So she is the direct descendant but if Westeros recognizes male lineage not female lineage, he'd beat her with his gender...the rest is the rest.
                                Either way, offspring trumps sibling regardless of gender.
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X