• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like whole storyline about Dany and Khal at all
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't much care for Dany in the books or series, (I feel like I'd been hiding a deep, dark secret, and I've just come out with it lol).
      What!? That's blasphemy!

Nothing wrong with that really, there are so many characters in the story, its good to see some differing views
      sigpic

Comment

a very good finale i especially loved the last scenes with the night watch and danaerys and her dragons. also i cant wait to see more of arya's story now she is a boy.
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't much care for Dany in the books or series, (I feel like I'd been hiding a deep, dark secret, and I've just come out with it lol). I don't hate her or anything, I just don't really like her that much. She has good moments, she's got the dragons, and they're cool(but they're basically the only thing I really like about Dany)
          The only way I think I'll end up liking Dany is (Achtung! potential Book spoilers!):
          Spoiler:
          ...if she ends up siding with House Greyjoy. That is, if she ends up with Victarion. Unlikely, I know...but, there you go.

Yep, the King of the North part was in Riverrun.
          Ah, ok. Thanks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
            - Pycell stretching...then stooping as he heads out
            - Varys and Littlefinger banter
            - Sansa, Joffrey and the Hound
            - Arry and Yoren
            - Jon's friends and the oath scene
            - Dany
            - King in the North
            - Tywin and Tyrion
            Quoted and edited because it's easier than typing out the list for myself.

Frak me rancid, that was just...
            Awesome. Amazing. Hilarious. Horrifying. Epic. Simply epic.

The closing scene will stay with me forever. I wondered how they were going to make it look so damn good as I imagined, and blow me, but they made it better.

Peter and Varys, I love, worship and adore you both (you sneaky, underhanded, evil b@astards).

Jaime, you are a Prince if ever there was one.

Cat, if every girl could grow up to be like you, the world would be a better place.

All of them. Just wow.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
              What!? That's blasphemy!

Nothing wrong with that really, there are so many characters in the story, its good to see some differing views
              Lol blasphemy for me would be someone saying they don't like Jon or Arya(my two most favorite characters ), and I know that there are plenty of those kinds of blasphemers lurking about in fandom.

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
              The only way I think I'll end up liking Dany is (Achtung! potential Book spoilers!):
              Spoiler:
              ...if she ends up siding with House Greyjoy. That is, if she ends up with Victarion. Unlikely, I know...but, there you go.

Ah, ok. Thanks.
              I really don't know what, if anything, would make me like Dany more.

Spoiler tags for mentioning a future events in the books
              Spoiler:
              I just can't get into her character much; and I kind of starting liking her less and less as the story went on. I like the dragons(and found them interesting), but I don't really like Dany herself; maybe I'd like her better if she turned into a dragon(I don't think that will happen though lol) Since the red wedding, she's been my least favorite POV character(yes, I even like Sansa as a character, more than Dany); before that Catelyn was my least favorite(she's still not a favorite character but she's a bit more interesting now, and the tv series has made me like Catelyn a bit more)
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler tags for mentioning a future events in the books
                Spoiler:
                I just can't get into her character much; and I kind of starting liking her less and less as the story went on. I like the dragons(and found them interesting), but I don't really like Dany herself; maybe I'd like her better if she turned into a dragon(I don't think that will happen though lol) Since the red wedding, she's been my least favorite POV character(yes, I even like Sansa as a character, more than Dany); before that Catelyn was my least favorite(she's still not a favorite character but she's a bit more interesting now, and the tv series has made me like Catelyn a bit more)
                Well I have to green you now for being the first person I've seen who ranks Sansa higher
                sigpic

Comment

I had some more ideas, so...

The King's Landing Chronicle: Bringing You All The News Of Westeros

Actually, due to recent budget cuts, we had to go to our Good King Joffrey for gold, and as such, we are now named...

Our Good King Joffrey's Chronicle: Bringing You All The Best News From Our Good King Joffrey's Court.

Just so. And now, to the headlines!

TRAITOROUS NED STARK, BEHEADED; By The Order of Our Good King Joffrey.

In what will be deemed a surprising, and awesome, move in our history books, our Good King Joffrey ordered the execution of the traitor Lord Eddard Stark, the former Hand of the King who plotted to take our Good King Joffrey's throne from him mere hours after the death of the Late King Robert. After much deliberation, the court of our Good King Joffrey, backed by the plea of our Good King Joffrey's wife-to-be Lady Sansa Stark, deemed it best to strip Lord Eddard of all of his titles and send him to the Wall to live out the rest of his days, as long as he confessed his treason and proclaimed our Good King Joffrey as our Good King Joffrey.

But our Good King Joffrey had other plans. Against the wishes of his mother and his bride-to-be, he had Ser Illyn Payne chop off Ned Stark's head with his own sword, because he is a boss that way. Our Good King Joffrey will not lenient on traitors, it is known. For more details, go to page 2, including an exclusive interview on the event with our Good King Joffrey, and we have a word with the King's Justice Ser Payne... and he doesn't say much back.

WAR IN THE RIVERLANDS! Our Good King Joffrey Vows To "Crush them all."

War has broken out in the Seven Kingdoms, despite the best hopes of our Good King Joffrey. Traitors flying under the banners of Robb Stark, Lord of Winterfell with his father's recent death, have already beaten back the army under the control of Commander of the Kingsguard Jaime Lannister, and Warden of the West Tywin Lannister's own army will be unable to regain the Riverlands. Ser Jaime's recent capture by the Stark lad is a blight in the pride of our Good King Joffrey, who has since vowed to, "Crush them all".

For more details, head to page 3, including all the latest rumours on why the North are calling Robb Stark the "King of the North".

Who's Heads Are Decorating The Red Keep's Spikes Today? We go over the newest additions to our Good King Joffrey's gallery! And learn which spikes he's saving for his treasonous uncles Renly and Stannis! More details on Page 3, with artists's renditions on Pages 9-15.

Untold Mysteries! This week, the Our Good King Joffrey's Chronicle wonders: Lord Varys's Gash: Fact or Fiction? Grand Maester Pycelle: More Than He Seems? Lancel Lannister: Why Has The Queen Employed Him For Her Personal Service? More details on Page 4.

Ladies! As the Starks would say were they not traitors to our Good King Joffrey, Winter Is Coming! Check out our in-depth look at all the latest fashions, the dos and the don'ts and the dresses that'll be sure to impress our Good King Joffrey! More details on Pages 5-6.

Where Are They Now? This week, we cover Rickon Stark, the youngest, and obviously also traitorous, son of the deceased traitorous former Hand of the King, Ned Stark, who was beheaded at the behest of our Good King Joffrey. Anyway, Rickon was spotted during the Late King Robert's visit to Winterfell months ago, and then seemed to disappear into the shadows for months. Our Good King Joffrey's Chronicle Wonders: Is He Still Alive?! Or is he plotting in his father's wake?! More details on Page 6.

Breaking News! The Grand Septon of the Baelor has just revealed their "proof" that the great dragons may not've even existed! "These bones and these skulls they show us are no proof at all," he reveals. "We think it was simply a plot by the Targareyns to reign us in. There were no dragons." Our Good King Joffrey was unavailable for comment, but we here at the Chronicle would like to assure the readers that, even if dragons did once exist, they certainly don't exist anymore. Nope. Not at all. More details on Page 8.

God that was long, and awesomely fun. Though writing out our Good King Joffrey one more time might just kill me.
                  Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 21 June 2011, 06:17 AM.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

loved it I am sure that if there do appear to be 3 new dragons then the Good King Joffrey will make sure everyone knows it was just a figment of our imaginations
                    sigpic

Comment

Our Good King Joffrey will save us from these imaginary dragons.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Ooh. Nice.
                        Now do one for each of the great Houses and their corresponding cities (Highgarden, Winterfell, Pyke, Sunspear, Casterly Rock, etc.)
                        sigpic

Comment

Off the top of my head, the Highgarden Times would feature yet another spirited editorial about renaming their bastards from Flowers to something more manly, the Daily Eyrie would be a worse a read than the Our Good King Joffrey's Chronicle given the lord on the big chair, The Casterly Rock Sun would be all high society and happy go-lucky rich men talking about themselves, and would be printed on gold, and the Local Winterfellman would be a one-page affair with three words written on it in big bold letters. Guess which!

Comment

as to the witch, her actions may be ambivalent in the book, but they were fairly cut and dried in the show. she'd already been raped 3 times, the riders burned her temple and she wanted revenge. she knew her spell wouldn't save Drogo and that it would cost another life and she didn't care. She willingly and happily killed the baby because she knew 'the stallion that would mount the world' would just mean more killings, more pillaging, more rapes, and it needed to stop.

it's like the violent 'rape and pillage' lifestyle came back to haunt the riders in that it created vanquished that hate them.

although, it could be argued, that her actions, in killing drogo and Dany's child, set her on the path for an even better future since she is now her own queen, with her own khalasar and three baby dragons - future weapons that few will be able to control.

(Dany bringing the eggs back to life was cool. Whether she knew all along - keeping them in fire - or suspected that they were in stasis not dead...or whether or not it was magic, maybe others know, but right now it could be either way.

Some have called Drogo a plot device, which he kinda was. His relationship with Dany allowed her to stop being submissive and helped her grow her backbone, which she'll need. he also seemed to indulge her in about anything...something that kinda bit her in the tush cause had she just not 'used her wiles' so to speak on drogo, then there would have been no fight and he wouldn't have died.

I almost want to skip reading the first book and go to the second one to see what happens.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Our Good King Joffrey will save us from these imaginary dragons.
                              The Bravos Tribune.
                              Wonder who that would feature.

Dragons! When i first saw those "dead" eggs, i thought, burn them, it'll bring them back. And it did!! Only wish i'd posted it when i had the thought, as proof that i did.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                Well I have to green you now for being the first person I've seen who ranks Sansa higher
                                I have noticed that Sansa doesn't get much fan love when compared to Dany. I don't really find Sansa's story as interesting as Dany's(she doesn't have cool dragons, or even her direwolf lol); but I do like Sansa better.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                as to the witch, her actions may be ambivalent in the book, but they were fairly cut and dried in the show. she'd already been raped 3 times, the riders burned her temple and she wanted revenge. she knew her spell wouldn't save Drogo and that it would cost another life and she didn't care. She willingly and happily killed the baby because she knew 'the stallion that would mount the world' would just mean more killings, more pillaging, more rapes, and it needed to stop.

it's like the violent 'rape and pillage' lifestyle came back to haunt the riders in that it created vanquished that hate them.

although, it could be argued, that her actions, in killing drogo and Dany's child, set her on the path for an even better future since she is now her own queen, with her own khalasar and three baby dragons - future weapons that few will be able to control.

(Dany bringing the eggs back to life was cool. Whether she knew all along - keeping them in fire - or suspected that they were in stasis not dead...or whether or not it was magic, maybe others know, but right now it could be either way.

Some have called Drogo a plot device, which he kinda was. His relationship with Dany allowed her to stop being submissive and helped her grow her backbone, which she'll need. he also seemed to indulge her in about anything...something that kinda bit her in the tush cause had she just not 'used her wiles' so to speak on drogo, then there would have been no fight and he wouldn't have died.

I almost want to skip reading the first book and go to the second one to see what happens.
                                Either book or show I don't really think Drogo and the baby dying was just a happy coincidence for the witch; I think she did want them dead for what they had done/would do; I do think she may have done things to help it along.
                                There is magic in this world and Mirri(witch lady) knew how it use it. Even if she didn't poison him, she could have prayed to her gods or cast some kind of spell that could have sickened Drogo(instead of healed) so that Dany would go to her for help. At the end of scene in the book where the witch first treats Drogo, Dany asks her if she could help deliver her baby, Mirri says that she knows all about delivering babies; after Dany is injured during the fight, while the witch is doing her blood magic thing on Drogo, the others decide to take Dany into the tent to ask the witch to deliver her baby, because they had heard that she knows how to.

Drogo was like Ned in that they(and their deaths) were both catalysts; and in a way, they both needed to die in order for some of the other characters to grow and things to change.

MattSilver 3k Good King Joffery's Chronicle was great!
                                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 21 June 2011, 06:25 AM. Reason: more commas
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X