X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Pfft. I am calm.
    Less tranquil fury then.

Or do we have to find a Lhazareen village to burn down to make you feel better?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Less tranquil fury then.

Or do we have to find a Lhazareen village to burn down to make you feel better?
      Nah, I'd settle for a White Walking Syrio Forel teaming up with Ser Barristan to fight crime amongst the Seven Kingdoms right now. Arya, Tyrion and Bronn too, though Arya can have her show - Pointy Ends With Arya Stark - about her ascent into the Batman of the Seven Kingdoms, while Tyrion and Bronn play their parts in The Hill Tribes, which is a lot like the Jersey Shore, but with less blood and guts and gross monsters.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

re: asking about book bits
        well, I haven't read the book in more than 5 or 6 or 7 years.
        (and I've read a fair amount of stuff in between, fiction and non-fiction. heck, I don't think I've started reading Warhammer stuff when I read AGoT, hehehe)

so, yeah, I've forgotten stuff.
        and I'm curious, too. I'd rather re-read stuff, but, as I said, I lent out my books.

as for stupidity:
        hmm. I hope not.
        sigpic

Comment

Is Syrio really dead? Say it's not so...

Comment

what can I say? Amazing as usual...
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
              Is Syrio really dead? Say it's not so...
              We don't know, both on the show and in the books. There are some fan theories about Syrio, but thus far no one knows...

Comment

We don't know, both on the show and in the books. There are some fan theories about Syrio, but thus far no one knows...
                Not today!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Not today!
                  Both Varys and Syrio say that same line. I wonder...
                  sigpic

Comment

Having now watched the episode on Sky in HD on the old 50 inch screen, rather than a crappy video player on the net, I had a couple more thoughts. One the fight with the wight had a bit more impact, certainly perhaps wasn't up to the standard of the Walking Dead's zombie attacks, but not bad at all.

The other thing I noticed was how Arya stabbing the stable boy felt awkward, but that was really kind of the point. There's already been discussion in the show about how killing someone, especially for the first time, is a very unpleasant moment, with old King Robert (how we miss him, I noticed now his name is no longer in the credits). With the stable boy Arya just reacts, and it's no glorious first victory in battle, it's not an epic moment for her or the audiance, she's fighting to survive, she's just had to suddenly gut someone and she's completely shocked by this.
                    Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 07 June 2011, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Having now watched the episode on Sky in HD on the old 50 inch screen, rather than a crappy video player on the net, I had a couple more thoughts. One the fight with the wight had a bit more impact, certainly perhaps wasn't up to the standard of the Walking Dead's zombie attacks, but not bad at all.

The other thing I noticed was how Arya stabbing the stable boy felt awkward, but that was really kind of the point. There's already been discussion in the show about how killing someone, especially for the first time, is a very unpleasant moment, with old King Robert (how we miss him, I noticed now his name is no longer in the credits). With the stable boy Arya just reacts, and it's no glorious first victory in battle, it's not an epic moment for her or the audiance, she's fighting to survive, she's just had to suddenly gut someone and she's completely shocked by this.
                      Very good point about the stable boy's death. Though Robert's departure leaves quite a void (I did rather like him during the tourney) I do wonder whether his kills on the battlefield are as glorious as he made them out to be. I think the Starks (including Arya) are a bit hardwired to not enjoy killing and view it as a means to an end. I get the feeling Ned was someone who never relished killing, not even an enemy, and that's probably a trait that's been passed on to his children behavior-wise.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Very good point about the stable boy's death. Though Robert's departure leaves quite a void (I did rather like him during the tourney) I do wonder whether his kills on the battlefield are as glorious as he made them out to be. I think the Starks (including Arya) are a bit hardwired to not enjoy killing and view it as a means to an end. I get the feeling Ned was someone who never relished killing, not even an enemy, and that's probably a trait that's been passed on to his children behavior-wise.
                        Well I think he never thought that his kills were glorious. The way he talks about his first kill, the Tarly boy, makes it out to be unglamorous. He talks about how it's not like the bards portray it, but instead gruesome and unpleasant, people ****ting themselves before they die.

It's sort of a running theme how unglamorous things really are.

Comment

I finally got to see it!!

Loved the ep

-Arya and Syrio. Syrio kicking @$$ with a wooden sword how awesome!
                          -The Ravens flying to call the banners
                          -Dany taking charge. Drogo's fight
                          -The Randomness of Hodor popping up naked
                          -the Lanister camp
                          and I could just go on!
                          sigpic

Comment

brilliant episode again and for the first time i liked sansa a little bit because of the way she tried to defend her father. also i have to say cersei really is a great antagonist imo.
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Excellent episode, no need to repeat all of the great moments, but still: Syrio shows time again, why he's my favourite character. I hope he momentarily got rid of that giant (since he showed up in the last scene) and proudly walked away.

Anyway, I've got one question, now that the Starks are in open conflict with the Lannisters, why don't they ask help from the Greyjoys? It felt to me that the Greyjoys were very antagonistic to the Lannisters and the only reason for them not to attack them was the Theon problem. It doesn't make sense any more for Theon to be the "guest-hostage".

Comment

Well I think he never thought that his kills were glorious. The way he talks about his first kill, the Tarly boy, makes it out to be unglamorous. He talks about how it's not like the bards portray it, but instead gruesome and unpleasant, people ****ting themselves before they die.

It's sort of a running theme how unglamorous things really are.
                                The killing itself was described unglamorous though I honestly thought that Robert was probably exaggerating when he said, "Gods I was strong then."

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                                -The Randomness of Hodor popping up naked
                                I remember in the book that Winterfell was built on top of hot springs by Brandon the Builder who apparently had the help of Giants. I think Hodor decided to take a dip in one of the hot springs and conveniently (or inconveniently depending on your POV ) forgot to put on his clothes.

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                                Excellent episode, no need to repeat all of the great moments, but still: Syrio shows time again, why he's my favourite character. I hope he momentarily got rid of that giant (since he showed up in the last scene) and proudly walked away.

Anyway, I've got one question, now that the Starks are in open conflict with the Lannisters, why don't they ask help from the Greyjoys? It felt to me that the Greyjoys were very antagonistic to the Lannisters and the only reason for them not to attack them was the Theon problem. It doesn't make sense any more for Theon to be the "guest-hostage".
                                I don't know how closely the Greyjoys have been keeping on eye on the rest of Westeros at this point. They're not exactly friends with the Starks or the Lannisters either, especially since Theon's uncles destroyed Tywin's fleet at Lannisport during their rebellion. I think it's safe to say that they'd have their own agenda in regards to the brewing civil war.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X