A Golden Crown (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Indeed. Though on the other hand it was nice to have a double dose of GOT.
    Hehehe, indeed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
      No they couldnt have made it more formal and ceremonial because, at least in the book, Drogo crowning Viserys is a spur of the moment thing brought about solely because Viserys finally pushed drogo to the end of his patience and majorly pissed him off with all his whinging and moaning and petty demands.
      Indeed, and even though it's slightly more deliberate in the series, it's the same motivation. It's not some formal torture or ceremony, it's because Khal Drogo, like everyone else, has just had enough of Viserys and his whinging.

Comment

I've just finished watching it. Wow, what an end. I admit I'm usually pretty squeamish when it comes to violence on screen (when I went to cinema to watch Sin City all those years ago, I spent half of the movie looking away or with my eyes closed, LOL), but this crowning was so terrible that I couldn't tear my eyes off the screen. And Daenerys' last words sent chills down my spine. So dispassionate. Wow.

Ned, Arya, Littlefinger, Bran - all were awesome as usual. I was actually relieved to have a week without Jaimie, but I really miss Jon now. Does somebody know if he will appear in the next episode?

Also, isn't Cat's nephew annoying?
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
          I was actually relieved to have a week without Jaimie, but I really miss Jon now. Does somebody know if he will appear in the next episode?
          Both have scenes next episode.

I found him quite funny, actually.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
            I've just finished watching it. Wow, what an end. I admit I'm usually pretty squeamish when it comes to violence on screen (when I went to cinema to watch Sin City all those years ago, I spent half of the movie looking away or with my eyes closed, LOL), but this crowning was so terrible that I couldn't tear my eyes off the screen. And Daenerys' last words sent chills down my spine. So dispassionate. Wow.
            To be fair, Viserys was a complete bastard who threatened her unborn son, and that was just the last of many things. But yeah, Harry Lloyd's great acting really helped me feel sorry for him in his final moments, it was a horrible way to die. My Mum thought it was hilarious though. (I'm now scared of her. )
            Ned, Arya, Littlefinger, Bran - all were awesome as usual. I was actually relieved to have a week without Jaimie, but I really miss Jon now. Does somebody know if he will appear in the next episode?
            Jon Snow has a lot of scenes next week. However I'd say, having seen the ep, that it's actually Jason Momoa who steals the show in episode 7, he has a fantastic scene where he just is brilliant.
            I dunno, I could relate to him when he wanted to here the rest of Tyrion's story about the Jackass and the honeycomb in the brothel.

Comment

Jon Snow has a lot of scenes next week. However I'd say, having seen the ep, that it's actually Jason Momoa who steals the show in episode 7, he has a fantastic scene where he just is brilliant.
              Yup. Awesome scene.
              Spoiler:
              but, alas, knowing how things turn out...

I dunno, I could relate to him when he wanted to here the rest of Tyrion's story about the Jackass and the honeycomb in the brothel.
              Yeah! I wanted to know the rest of the story, too!
              sigpic

Comment

To be fair, Viserys was a complete bastard who threatened her unborn son, and that was just the last of many things. But yeah, Harry Lloyd's great acting really helped me feel sorry for him in his final moments, it was a horrible way to die. My Mum thought it was hilarious though. (I'm now scared of her. )

Viserys had been declaring himself a dragon for most of the series and was being a total **** to Dany so I didn't feel too sorry for him. That and if he had seen her immunity to heat and fire, I think he would never have accepted it and tried to kill her out of jealousy. If Drogo hadn't disposed of him, I think Dany would have had to get rid of him herself eventually.

I haven't watched episode 7 yet but I'm looking forward to seeing Jon and the Night's Watch boys again.
                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 24 May 2011, 03:04 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post

I haven't watched episode 7 yet but I'm looking forward to seeing Jon and the Night's Watch boys again.
                  Sam Tarly is without a doubt my favourite character, he just cracks me up every time.

Comment

I watched episode seven - couldn't resist. It'll suck to wait a little longer for episode eight, given the epic cliffhanger and all, but I needed my fix dammit.

*Twitch*
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Sam Tarly is without a doubt my favourite character, he just cracks me up every time.
                      Spoiler:
                      I wanted to be a wizard.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      I watched episode seven - couldn't resist. It'll suck to wait a little longer for episode eight, given the epic cliffhanger and all, but I needed my fix dammit.

*Twitch*
                      I plan on drinking the long wait away.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I wanted to be a wizard.
                        So much win

I plan on drinking the long wait away.
                        This is my plan as well. Plus playing the Witcher 2 should cover my dark fantasy needs in the meanwhile.

Comment

I was just going to write something equally dark and awesome. It passes the time.

So much win
                          Hah. Sam's so awesome.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Indeed. Though on the other hand it was nice to have a double dose of GOT.

I hate that little bastard Joffrey after 107 even more

after 106 I started to like Cersei, but again, after 107 I hate her even more. It's great how all characters aren't entirely good or bad
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              I hate that little bastard Joffrey after 107 even more

after 106 I started to like Cersei, but again, after 107 I hate her even more. It's great how all characters aren't entirely good or bad
                              Indeed and even the good characters have their flaws. Ned might be a good man, but he's so hung up on doing the "honourable" thing that he'll let the Seven Kingdoms burn so he can say his honour was intact.

Comment

That Samsa girl is bloody annoying and Joffrey is really creepy-looking. I kind of want someone to strangle her.
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X