The Iron Throne (806)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    Why is it so binary? She never said she didn’t want to be a Stark. She never said she didn’t want to have a title of some kind. She simply doesn’t want to settle down and become a typical noble lady. She still loves her family and her House. She just feels her path is elsewhere, but she’s still proud of where she comes from. That was part of her arc in coming back to Westeros. A girl has a name. A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell.
    between retaining her identity & proudly advertising her family name to the world, it's a leap. nothing whatsoever in this season or the previous seasons to indicate this
    in fact she seemed to care about being a Stark barely more than 3eye raven Bran

Comment

incidentally anyone else caught on the sheer stupidity of the script when she says "I know a killer when I see one" (she says that to Jon, about Dany)

no **** Sherlock what was the clue - when Dany levelled an entire city?
      lol

Comment

There was a youtube video which explained when Ary has joined that theatre group to make her assassin mission in Braavos, then she was talking about her dream to be an explorer and to sail to the west of Westeros. I believe it was in season 4, 5 or 6. I have to search back that scene. So technically her decision was based on that story plot.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          incidentally anyone else caught on the sheer stupidity of the script when she says "I know a killer when I see one" (she says that to Jon, about Dany)

no **** Sherlock what was the clue - when Dany levelled an entire city?
          lol
          Wasn't that scene prior the attack?

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          There was a youtube video which explained when Ary has joined that theatre group to make her assassin mission in Braavos, then she was talking about her dream to be an explorer and to sail to the west of Westeros. I believe it was in season 4, 5 or 6. I have to search back that scene. So technically her decision was based on that story plot.
          The ending for Arya is probably the only one that made sense to me, but Soul's got a point, if she's on a boat with the Starks emblem they should've shown a quick scene of say Sansa granting one boat to Arya for her adventures, which would explain why they would have the wolf on a flag.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Wasn't that scene prior the attack?
            ?that scene was in ep 6 the attack was in ep 5

Comment

They must have jumped in time as it must have taken time to construct a Start ship, then Jon must have gone to the Wall etc.

Back to Arya... I didn't like that no word was mentioned about Little Finger in season 8. I have expected that Varys will comment about his death. Then I didn't like how Arya was not celebrated after the Night King (but Gendry did it anyway...), then how she has left Winterfell without a scene with Sansa. Then she said "I am not coming back." WHAT?! Then there was no good-bye scene before she has gone to leave Westeros. I am guessing they wanted to make the Arya/Sansa/Jon montague so badly that they have skipped so many things in season 8.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Then she said "I am not coming back." WHAT?!
                almost forgot that one
                this makes her final scene all the more puzzling

Comment

incidentally if the king's now elected by the paramount lords...shouldn't the paramount lords in turn be elected by their vassal lords?

Comment

They must have jumped in time as it must have taken time to construct a Start ship, then Jon must have gone to the Wall etc.

Back to Arya... I didn't like that no word was mentioned about Little Finger in season 8. I have expected that Varys will comment about his death. Then I didn't like how Arya was not celebrated after the Night King (but Gendry did it anyway...), then how she has left Winterfell without a scene with Sansa. Then she said "I am not coming back." WHAT?! Then there was no good-bye scene before she has gone to leave Westeros. I am guessing they wanted to make the Arya/Sansa/Jon montague so badly that they have skipped so many things in season 8.
                    They did jump time, 3-4 months or so passed between the death of Dany and the ‘election’ at the end.

The Starks ain’t poor and I’m sure there are plenty of boats in King’s Landing, that may or may not have live owners. Dany massacred so much of the population I’m sure there were a lot of ‘spoils’...aka unclaimed goods.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And I'm sure our good ol' Master of Coin made sure the spoils got harvested before you even knew it was there and hid half of it in his castle at Highgarden.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Dany massacred so much of the population I’m sure there were a lot of ‘spoils’...aka unclaimed goods.
                        and both the dothraki & unsullied army would've been quick to claim those

And I'm sure our good ol' Master of Coin made sure the spoils got harvested before you even knew it was there and hid half of it in his castle at Highgarden.
                        speaking of technically Highgarden no longer has any wealth right? the Lannisters & Tarlys took all the Tyrell gold after the attack
                        so Bronn basically got a bankrupt house & his only way of replenishing its fortune is by embezzling borrowing crown gold using his new position (and somehow Bran not finding out)

Comment

incidentally if the king's now elected by the paramount lords...shouldn't the paramount lords in turn be elected by their vassal lords?
                          Why? That’s no the system Tyrion described. Why choose to devolve power even more? It’s already a pretty big ask to get the Lords Paramount to select their king from among them and not out of a bloodline.

and both the dothraki & unsullied army would've been quick to claim those

speaking of technically Highgarden no longer has any wealth right? the Lannisters & Tarlys took all the Tyrell gold after the attack
                          so Bronn basically got a bankrupt house & his only way of replenishing its fortune is by embezzling borrowing crown gold using his new position (and somehow Bran not finding out)
                          The Dothraki maybe, but the Unsullied don’t plunder and pillage without orders. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dothraki were even prevented from doing so by the Unsullied as they know their Queen would not have approved.

As for Bronn, I have no doubt that as the new head of House Lannister Tyrion gave back a lot of that wealth to Highgarden. But regardless Bronn would have got rich off it. Highgarden and its holdings are essentially the breadbasket of the seven kingdoms. The grow produce to sell, that’s how they get rich. Casterly Rock meanwhile didn’t have much in the way of farmland and agriculture. It had its mines which are now dry and that’s it. So probably in another decade or so Bronn would likely be the richest man in Westeros with no swindling or cheating needed.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Why? That’s no the system Tyrion described. Why choose to devolve power even more? It’s already a pretty big ask to get the Lords Paramount to select their king from among them and not out of a bloodline.
                            I meant this new system would give the lesser lords ideas
                            paramount lords are a bit like mini-kings on a smaller scale right? (before Aegon they were kings)
                            so the vassal lords could legitimately demand the exact same system for themselves: elect their liege lords just like the liege lords elect their king

The Dothraki maybe, but the Unsullied don’t plunder and pillage without orders. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dothraki were even prevented from doing so by the Unsullied as they know their Queen would not have approved.
                            I didn't mean plunder for the sake of it like dothraki or ironborn do I meant they'd seize those goods as resources
                            for instance in anticipation of a conflict with the rest of Westeros

Comment

I meant this new system would give the lesser lords ideas
                              paramount lords are a bit like mini-kings on a smaller scale right? (before Aegon they were kings)
                              so the vassal lords could legitimately demand the exact same system for themselves: elect their liege lords just like the liege lords elect their king
                              The lesser Lords know their place, you can't just go full democracy without breaking the entire nobility and lineage system, it would tear Westoros apart. The elected king is already a huge step.

The final scenes of EP6 made little sense because there wasn't enough time to lead to those conclusions, not that the conclusions are bad in themselves. (Bronn being Lord of Highgarden could make sense since originally the Tyrells have never been nobility and were descended from a lineage of Stewards).

I didn't mean plunder for the sake of it like dothraki or ironborn do I meant they'd seize those goods as resources
                              for instance in anticipation of a conflict with the rest of Westeros
                              You're like 60 steps ahead of D&D, hold your horses Soul. As far as what we've seen, it looks like Greyworm had his standing orders of executing everybody and for the possible after-battle plunder, well Dany got killed pretty fast didn't she? Or maybe not, maybe it had been a week? Everybody's been teleporting around Westoros ever since S07 started and time jumps everywhere with no visible explanation other than plot holes.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

The lesser Lords know their place, you can't just go full democracy without breaking the entire nobility and lineage system, it would tear Westoros apart. The elected king is already a huge step.
                                ? this ain't full democracy the liege lords laughed at the idea of the commonfolk voting
                                but what I said ain't democracy it's about the lesser lords (they're still nobility not commoners) voting for the greater lords

in other words exact same system Tyrion proposed but on the next level (smaller scale)

Comment

Working...
                                X